Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard back from SA and they said to expect the delivery on 6/17 - 6/19. I'm not thrilled with waiting that long but after it's been three months already so a week or so won't kill me, I don't think.
Considering you ordered 3 weeks after me, and I just got my car yesterday, looks like you're right on time!
Glad it's finally coming!

Hi Anyone have experience selling their used cars to ALGO Auto Lender , I was set on selling to TESLA but after i priced with ALGO they were pretty good at following up and kept bumpign their price everytime i turned down since the difference wasnt much . Now they are offering 2K more than Tesla or another websites offered . Just checkign to see if anyone had positive experience with them.

Also I accepted the Trade in offer from Tesla , i dont see any option to remove it . Do i have to call the SA now or wait till I am done with ALGO. My delivery is scheduled for Monday.
I think you can just reach out to a SA to have your trade in removed. I initially was going to trade in my previously vehicle, but sold it to CarMax prior since they were offering me 3K more than Tesla. I couldn't pass that up.

Reactions: DrGriz
Doubt it was a demo with only 28 miles. I also think they'd have to disclose that it was a demo to you.
All of the Tesla registration paperwork will say 15 miles. My odometer at delivery was 2 miles.
My SA replied with this:

"And yes, new cars can have up to 50 miles due to moving around through lots for logistics. You have from freemont, to the railyard, off the railyard, and then moving around the small parking lot. It is a brand new car!"

So will verify when I see the car in person.

Just noticed on the vehicle config sheet the car's got 28 miles. Is the high mileage normal? Could it be a rejected car or demo car?
I'd be interested to know this as well as mine was at 65 if I recall correctly. I'm sure it's not a demo car, and I've been trying to figure out any reason at all for more than a few miles to be on a new car. When I picked up mine, I looked at the power graph and saw that it had been hammered hard (900 Wh/mi hard) with a linear dropoff to zero - as if it had been on a dyno for testing. Well, if that was a factory dyno test, why were there 60 miles on the vehicle prior to that test? I found another guy on this site who mentioned similar high power testing on his car.

Then there's this article which talks about a guy in 2018 regularly testing cars off the production line. The article mentions that legacy auto might test one car out of a couple thousand while Tesla was testing at "a far higher rate". Perhaps we got caught up in sample testing.

Meet the Tesla employee who gets paid to test drive cars around a race track all day

A home delivery that was rejected wouldn't rack up miles because they're delivered on trucks. Mine also had a ding in a metal roof trim piece that might have prompted a rejection, but I still don't see 65 miles accumulating on a car just as a result of delivery overhead.

My odometer at delivery was 2 miles.
There are multiple threads on this site talking about initial mileage and folks usually claim single digits.

"And yes, new cars can have up to 50 miles due to moving around through lots for logistics. You have from freemont, to the railyard, off the railyard, and then moving around the small parking lot. It is a brand new car!"
That's nonsense. Most people see a couple miles, and that's what I could see accumulating from those sorts of movements. Fifty miles is a long, long way. That's a result of something else going on. Perhaps they run sample cars on a dyno for 50 miles.

I'd be interested to know this as well as mine was at 65 if I recall correctly. I'm sure it's not a demo car, and I've been trying to figure out any reason at all for more than a few miles to be on a new car. When I picked up mine, I looked at the power graph and saw that it had been hammered hard (900 Wh/mi hard) with a linear dropoff to zero - as if it had been on a dyno for testing. Well, if that was a factory dyno test, why were there 60 miles on the vehicle prior to that test? I found another guy on this site who mentioned similar high power testing on his car.

Then there's this article which talks about a guy in 2018 regularly testing cars off the production line. The article mentions that legacy auto might test one car out of a couple thousand while Tesla was testing at "a far higher rate". Perhaps we got caught up in sample testing.

Meet the Tesla employee who gets paid to test drive cars around a race track all day

A home delivery that was rejected wouldn't rack up miles because they're delivered on trucks. Mine also had a ding in a metal roof trim piece that might have prompted a rejection, but I still don't see 65 miles accumulating on a car just as a result of delivery overhead.

There are multiple threads on this site talking about initial mileage and folks usually claim single digits.

That's nonsense. Most people see a couple miles, and that's what I could see accumulating from those sorts of movements. Fifty miles is a long, long way. That's a result of something else going on. Perhaps they run sample cars on a dyno for 50 miles.
I figured although seeing 65 miles on the car you still took the delivery? Any issues with the car so far?

Hey all, new here! My OD was 3/9 and I had recently been assigned a VIN and given a June 19 delivery date. I am able to get a $4k rebate on the car from July 1 onwards so I released the vin, and put delivery on hold. I then tapped "Im ready" hoping for delivery early July. My account is now showing a June 20-24 EDD which is what my original estimate was. Did I mess this up or have they just not updated the estimates?

I feel the same here. Wonder what's taking so long. Shouldn't take too long on train to Alabama and then truck to Atlanta.
Yeah spoke with an advisor this morning. My delivery date just slipped from 6/7-6/11 to 6/8-6/12. I asked the advisor how realistic that was and he said totally realistic and that I’d be getting a text on Friday (6/10) or Monday (6/13) to schedule delivery. I was kind of thinking “dude I’m. It sure if you understood what ‘is 6/8-6/12 realistic’ if you don’t expect me to even have a text until after that entire window.”

With that said, it’s also annoying that he can see on his screen when I’m expected to get a text, and it’s 100% not reflected in my app, why are there two different systems generating this estimates? Mind boggling.