Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a new EDD today: 6/15 -6/21
Mine was 6/14-6/19. I received my Vin via text earlier today & to upload insurance. Also VIN didn't show in the app for a few hours. It showed when I logged in on my laptop but after I received the text. You should receive today or tomorrow I would think. They are in transit from California. I'm picking up in Springfield, NJ so I would think they are traveling together. I asked if it was rejected because I thought it took 2 weeks from receiving VIN, but he said no it's still in Transit from Cali. My pick-up is scheduled for Wednesday.

Reactions: Nfletcher
Tesla delayed my delivery because it was not up to their standards. I come to figure out that there were some paint issues (I'm assuming due to transportation) and they said it needs to be corrected at a body shop and now delivery is delayed by two weeks. Has anyone been through this?

Tesla delayed my delivery because it was not up to their standards. I come to figure out that there were some paint issues (I'm assuming due to transportation) and they said it needs to be corrected at a body shop and now delivery is delayed by two weeks. Has anyone been through this?
A few people. Be careful with this because likely some sort of incident occurred and it will likely be reported to carfax etc which will hurt the value. Technically the car is no longer considered new. Might be a good time to call the SA and discuss rejecting the car

Last edited:
A few people. Be careful with this because likely some sort of incident occurred and it will likely be reported to carfax etc which will hurt the value. Technically the car is no longer considered new. Might be a good time to call the SA and discuss rejecting the car
It's also really scummy when car companies do this. You are paying for a new car it should be new. A scuff here or there that can be buffed is inconvenient but nbd. However if the car is so damaged it needs body shop work they should apologize, give you a new vin next in line, and sell the car as a used model

Reactions: Maric
This is not true… dealerships from all across the globe fix minor issues with body shops on brand new cars. Damage in transport is common. The car will still be considered new and will not show up on carfax.

Now if it’s something serious that involved insurance or another motorist…that’s a different story. They’d have to disclose any “incident or accident” before taking delivery.

Sorry this is a little late for my post. Took delivery last Friday. Everything was perfect. Unfortunately has the Premium lights but they are still pretty good compared to most headlights. Very happy with the car so far. Have had the front PPF completed, Braelin 19" wheels and accessories installed. Thanks to everyone for all the sharing of information and wish you all the best with your cars.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the front PPF and what parts did you get covered?

I plan to take mine directly from delivery center to the PPF installed when I get mine.

Reactions: Maric
looks like especially matrix headlights are not guaranteed, most likely due to parts shortage, they run out of matrix lights and start installing older/premium ones. a lottery honestly. I think you can decline delivery and within a ~month they might offer you another vehicle but you'll be playing the same lottery again. not sure how many times you can decline though before they cancel your order.
I wasn't really aware of this. I hope I get the matrix lights but I am not refusing delivery for any reason! lol

Reactions: jpaychek and IWRBR
This is not true… dealerships from all across the globe fix minor issues with body shops on brand new cars. Damage in transport is common. The car will still be considered new and will not show up on carfax.

Now if it’s something serious that involved insurance or another motorist…that’s a different story. They’d have to disclose any “incident or accident” before taking delivery.
I would agree with this and they should offer to get you a new car if that was the case. When I went to take delivery of my last new car some lady backed into the car in their parking lot and tried to take off. I never saw how much damage she caused, but they got me another car transferred from another dealer the next day and did right by me.

It's also really scummy when car companies do this. You are paying for a new car it should be new. A scuff here or there that can be buffed is inconvenient but nbd. However if the car is so damaged it needs body shop work they should apologize, give you a new vin next in line, and sell the car as a used model
...which, in the case of a Tesla means they will be offering it for sale at an increase over the retail price of the car when it was new.

Reactions: ZZ118