Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
scheduled for the morning of the 17th but the text says to schedule your tentative appointment and that they will reach out if it’s ready earlier or later
Just got my text to schedule tonight at 8 pm and the earliest was the 25 but busy that day. Going to see if I can move it earlier since I’m off on the 20th and 24th

Pickup today in Carlsbad, CA. OD 03/04. I didn't inspect super carefully but everything looked good except it should have been washed. VIN 273xxx, matrix headlights and Michelin tires.

My current problem is that I subscribed to premium connectivity, and it shows up in app correctly, but car doesn't believe it. I've seen similar threads from this site from 2020, but nothing recently. Any ideas? Tried two button reboot already.

Sound system is so good I can hear the distortion in regular radio. I'm a classical listener and audiophile so it bugs me.

Also navigation sends to bad routes compared to Waze/Google/Apple---wonder if these two problems are related.
Congratulations on the successful delivery! Our cars may be from the same batch, as our ODs and delivery dates are close and our VINs have the same 3 digits. Keeping my fingers crossed that my car is similar to yours in quality:)

Reactions: Maric and DrChaos
I agree with this. Until you sign for the car, it belongs to Tesla and shipping damages are not reported to any accident tracking entities. Once titled, any accidents will be reported (or are suppose to 😝.
Look up damage disclosure laws. They vary state by state but essentially if a car sustains a certain amount of damage as a % of their MSRP they must disclose it to the customer, which tesla did here. In addition some states require this to be written onto the title as well. The fact that tesla told the poster about the damage means it is likely over this threshold, otherwise they could have given some vague "its not ready yet statement." You would be VERY surprised by the stuff that gets reported to carfax/reporting agencies. Tesla doesn't care since the car is now the customers problem, they got their full money. Its very funny to me the people on these forums who are talking about rejecting a car over not having their right headlights but having a few thousand dollars in repairs on a brand new car before delivery is acceptable to them (just talking in general not about anyone in particular). Personally idc about the headlights but if I find out my car has been in the body shop its an automatic rejection for me.

The original poster in my opinion should find out more about what happened and really carefully consider their options based on what the SA tells them.

Edit: Just want to add that even if the car damage isn't reported a savy buyer/mechanic may very well be able to tell. In addition if you try to sell back to tesla they WILL definitely know and that can affect the price of resale. Why lose money before the car is even off the lot?

Last edited:
HUGE news! I went to Tesla Cincinnati today and they said my car would be here on the 16th and take Delivery by the 17th of June! That's THIS FRIDAY!! I ordered my car May 14th. I'm going on vacation starting on the 18 so this would be perfect! The crazy thing is if i didn't go to the store today how else would i know it's coming so soon?!? My app updated with my delivery date and time soon after the Sales associate scheduled me for delivery. While I was there I saw a Model S Plaid and Model X Plaid for the first time.

When i first drove up to the store i could barely find a spot to park! There were so many Teslas ready for delivery that they were parking the Teslas in the driveway into the store lol.
WHAT!?! You ordered your car on May 14th and it's being delivered June 17th?? Did you bribe someone or something? That is super fast. Congratulations!
There is a special Tesla portal that goes to Ohio for some reason. It’s got to be Elon’s prototype stargate or something.

Got assigned my VIN this evening! 😁

VIN range is 277XXX. M3 will be awaiting us this Saturday18 June 2022. Might need to move that right to get PPF installation before the drive home. I did not get verbatim confirmation that the car sports the matrix lights but SA left clues in his message more or less. I'll believe it when I see it ... (soon enough). I can remark that it is indeed true that near the end of the process, things happen quickly. This is getting quite real.

Last edited:
OD: 3/29
DD: 6/11
VIN: 277
Delivery: Los Angeles, CA
Car was home-delivered. They drove it btw, despite somebody in this forum mentioning that they home-deliver by truck. Found a small issue with one of the small windows on the back - there are 2 internal cracks in the glass, barely noticeable but you can see them in the sun under an angle, so I accepted the car and scheduled service appointment for them to take a look/fix. Other than that I love the car, lots of small improvements good comparing my previous (2019).
Tires are Continental btw.

OD: 3/29
DD: 6/11
VIN: 277
Delivery: Los Angeles, CA
Car was home-delivered. They drove it btw, despite somebody in this forum mentioning that they home-deliver by truck. Found a small issue with one of the small windows on the back - there are 2 internal cracks in the glass, barely noticeable but you can see them in the sun under an angle, so I accepted the car and scheduled service appointment for them to take a look/fix. Other than that I love the car, lots of small improvements good comparing my previous (2019).
Tires are Continental btw.
Congratulations on your successful delivery and thank you for sharing your experience!

I'm going to get home delivery too. Did they give you an ETA before they arrived? How did they notify you of the arrival? Where did they put the key cards in the car? How quickly after you made the final payment were you able to access the car?

Reactions: kbalandin
What was your
Order date? Mine 3/17 and just pushed from July 1 end of EDD range to July 17. Which is bogus IMHO. Seeing this behavior, changes in headlights, eliminating accessory charging cord…really bad behavior.
Haha, you must be new here. Yes, it’s bad behavior, and yes we are all still here despite it all 🙄
My OD’s 3/13, most of us put it in the signature for easy reference (turn sideways to landscape orientation on mobile) once you meet TMC’s 5-post threshold.

What was your
Order date? Mine 3/17 and just pushed from July 1 end of EDD range to July 17. Which is bogus IMHO. Seeing this behavior, changes in headlights, eliminating accessory charging cord…really bad behavior.
Just today my EDD had pushed out to the end of June; not a few hours later I had a VIN and delivery date. Given your proximity to Tesla I’d say there is still a fair chance you’ll have your car this quarter! See some of the FAQ:
Public Service Announcement

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happens in the last month of the quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Possibly a charge port ECU car that was previously rejected due to the long wait and now finally got fixed. Definitely give it an extra thorough check over though.
Talked to a different SA at the actual SoDo location who told me as much, it’s a 4/23 build date (mis-typed 4/26 the first time, oops) that’s been waiting due to the charge port issue forever. Must be why I had a late April EDD at one point? Still a lil skeptical.

SA looked at the config and also confirmed it has the ‘premium’ reflector headlights, bummer. I guess that’ll make it less hard to reject the car if it has another issue, but certainly fine on its own.

Also offered—without me asking—that it has the latest infotainment chip. Apparently boneheads are still asking about this even though it’s been freaking forever since a M3/Y shipped w/ Atom processor!

Had to move scheduled delivery to Friday but this’ll give me more time to maneuver with the bank anyway. Maybe can push it earlier if I can get my ducks in a row?

Last edited:
Pickup today in Carlsbad, CA. OD 03/04. I didn't inspect super carefully but everything looked good except it should have been washed. VIN 273xxx, matrix headlights and Michelin tires.

My current problem is that I subscribed to premium connectivity, and it shows up in app correctly, but car doesn't believe it. I've seen similar threads from this site from 2020, but nothing recently. Any ideas? Tried two button reboot already.

Sound system is so good I can hear the distortion in regular radio. I'm a classical listener and audiophile so it bugs me.

Also navigation sends to bad routes compared to Waze/Google/Apple---wonder if these two problems are related.
audiophile, too.

Reactions: Maric
There is a special Tesla portal that goes to Ohio for some reason. It’s got to be Elon’s prototype stargate or something.
It's gotta have something to do with logistics, right? I wonder if they store vehicles somewhere in Ohio (undoubtedly cheaper than Illinois) and that when there's a cancellation during the time the vehicle is headed east, the vehicles just end up parked in Ohio. From there, any Ohio orders would get matched up first because the cars are already right there. Boom. Instant order fulfillment. I can't think of another reason for filling Ohio order so fast. Except, you know, that it's Ohio.

VEry highly recommend Credit Union 1 , they were so awesome and quick . You can apply for Auto Loan directly w/o membership . I worked with Shanee Sanders , she was very good and responded very quickly . Got my loan approved in no time . Great rate ofcourse , got 60 months 1.99
Just checked them out, not bad for the 60-month, but Affinity Credit Union is cheaper for anything above that.