Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i actually just got a delivery date push back. I got that same text as you and was given 16-18 delivery date choices and then an hour ago they sent me a text saying the car won’t be there on time and they rescheduled me to the 20th. I’m in the southeast if that helps. Atlanta to be exact
Same here, the earliest I could get was the 24th now. Crazy as car shipped on June 1st.

OD April 7th😊
1st EDD May 28th - July 2nd 😆
Sold my car April 25th 🥲
3rd EDD 🤷‍♂️ July 5th - August 16th 🫠
Been on the bus for over a month Tesla does not offer any update and when I asked about a rental they suggested Turo. I know this may be a childish rant but if i didn’t already buy so many parts I would of checked out a electric BMW 😤

Parts List
-Front door alcantara overlay -✅Rpm tesla $29
-Doashboard alcantara Cap - ✅Rpm Tesla $99
-Performance Brake Pedal -✅ RPM Tesla $25
-Cup holder rubber protector-✅ RPM Tesla $19
-Mud Flaps Screw-less- ✅ RPM Tesla $39
-All weather floor mats - ✅ Weather Tech $21
-Cargo/trunk liner - ✅ Weather Tech $130
-Xbox One Controller Blue - ✅ Microsoft $55
-Center console organizer - ✅ Tesla $33
-Black Dualmotor emblem✅Abstractocean $25

Tint Planned
70% Windshield
35% Front
5% Rear
5% Roof
If you had gotten in on the Fall of 2021 for electric BMW pre-orders, you’d be getting that BMW possibly at the end of this month. So your wait here is actually shorter.

Don't know if there is anything "wrong" with it, but it just can't keep up in the heat. I'm guessing it's trying to cool both the interior of the vehicle as well as keep the batteries at a certain temperature. In the user manual Tesla says your AC may be warmer during certain charging due to cooling the batteries. I think that would apply when driving around too.
When it's 112, the AC isn't that great in the Tesla. When it gets below 110, it seems to be significantly better. It blows hard enough, just not very cold.
112F Jesus christ God bless you living there

How does it normally work with financing through a CU if you are only financing a portion?… do they cut a check to you for the amount financed and then you bring a check for the full amount to tesla during pick up? Or do they need to write the check directly to tesla? And then you send a separate check for the balance?

Yeah my friend just looked into an i4 was told 6-8 months minimum
Battery supply dominates everything right now. All those wonderful models that companies are announcing, especially those with low sticker prices, are simply not going to be hitting the street in any large numbers because there just aren't enough batteries to go around. Then there's the vehicle production problem itself. Legacy has ICE vehicle production plants and startups have no production plants. Both are having to scramble to get moving on BEVs.

Ironically, the Chinese are cranking out low cost, shorter range vehicles in droves. Because they make the batteries.

Here's the top selling BEV in China for 2021. In 2020 the fully loaded version was US$5,607.

Wuling Hongguang Mini EV - Wikipedia

Bonus:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Battery supply dominates everything right now. All those wonderful models that companies are announcing, especially those with low sticker prices, are simply not going to be hitting the street in any large numbers because there just aren't enough batteries to go around. Then there's the vehicle production problem itself. Legacy has ICE vehicle production plants and startups have no production plants. Both are having to scramble to get moving on BEVs.

Ironically, the Chinese are cranking out low cost, shorter range vehicles in droves. Because they make the batteries.

Here's the top selling BEV in China for 2021. In 2020 the fully loaded version was US$5,607.

Wuling Hongguang Mini EV - Wikipedia

Bonus:

Idk why but it really is amazing to me watching machines build machines. Just feels like the future

Idk why but it really is amazing to me watching machines build machines. Just feels like the future
The Teslanet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 2022. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Teslanet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

How does it normally work with financing through a CU if you are only financing a portion?… do they cut a check to you for the amount financed and then you bring a check for the full amount to tesla during pick up? Or do they need to write the check directly to tesla? And then you send a separate check for the balance?
They should either send a check directly to Tesla or send you the check (made out to Tesla) to give to Tesla at delivery. Then you pay the rest with bank transfer or certified check.

In Seattle, there's a bunch of new cars sitting on what appears to be some sort of staging lot in SODO. I wonder if any of these may end up being vehicles for any of us Seattleites on this forum.

There's probably around 50 of them. I was unable to get on site to peek at any of the VINs, nor get close enough to tell about the version of headlights they have (sorry for the poor photos).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 65