Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll be fine. Go home, plug it in and you can learn about the charging part.
Don't forget that not everyone lives close to the SC. Many new owners are traveling for several hours. If you're from a state that doesn't allow Tesla centers then it's a different ballgame. Also, not everyone has a home charger. I agree it's not the end of the world but we all have different situations and having the car at least 80% makes sense to me.

Don't forget that not everyone lives close to the SC. Many new owners are traveling for several hours. If you're from a state that doesn't allow Tesla centers then it's a different ballgame. Also, not everyone has a home charger. I agree it's not the end of the world but we all have different situations and having the car at least 80% makes sense to me.
I'm gonna go with Tesla on this one. With an ice it's easy to fill it and forget it until the buyer comes. With an EV they probably come charged and then degrade just like a phone etc what you get is a crapshoot based on how long it's been sitting. It's too hard to keep charging them at the lot I guess they could give a free top off before you drive off but eh

• Disagree
Reactions: phaheem
LOL, your picture has glare on the headlamp right where you can easily tell which type. Is there a large round bulb at the beginning of each headlamp with reflectors after that? If so, the lights are Matrix.
Lol yeah I got too excited to try to get a good picture of the headlights. I think the answer to your question is yes.

Tesla headlights.jpg

I actually felt really bad about how I acted. I didn't necessarily say anything to her but I did drop a bad word. lol The wait hasn't been that bad for me but I let myself believe it was happening Thursday and even made plans for the weekend and because I'm using a family member's car I'll have to change those plans.

I am glad to see so many people getting their cars. The last few weeks of the quarter are the most fun we see around here.

Stress can do that to you. Don't think about it too much. Keeping my fingers crossed that your upcoming delivery goes all smoothly! And yeah this thread is progressing at such a dizzying pace these last few weeks, I can hardly keep up.

I'm gonna go with Tesla on this one. With an ice it's easy to fill it and forget it until the buyer comes. With an EV they probably come charged and then degrade just like a phone etc what you get is a crapshoot based on how long it's been sitting. It's too hard to keep charging them at the lot I guess they could give a free top off before you drive off but eh

I agree with you on this. Battery degradation is real, and it is known that using superchargers is not the best way to keep your battery healthy. I think the reason Tesla doesn't let customers charge for free upon delivery is due to capacity constraints.

Did you try getting a quote from Tesla’s own insurance? Curious to know how they compare to the mainstream companies

Tesla insurance is relatively affordable. My current insurance provider quoted me double ...

Mine was at 86% at delivery with 2 miles on the odometer.
I got 65% with 18 miles.

Reactions: T-J-
Surprise delivery yesterday (day 100)! Tesla texted me if I wanted to pick up early, so I aborted a woodworking project immediately and drove to the SC. I did the checklist that someone else posted here, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it, so I paid through the app and left. The LR seems more comfortable than the P model I did the test drive in, so that was a pleasant surprise. In hindsight, I wish Tesla communicated more but I guess that won't change anytime soon. Also, seems like the only thing useful about EDD is that you'll probably get the car within the original two month EDD, everything else is just nonsense but we all watch it every day anyway. Everyone in the SC was super nice and knowledgeable, and the car is great so I can't complain.

I hear ya. Didnt think about that. If you are in that situation, have them plug it in for you. Most have chargers out front. The SA's are good about it. When I got my M3, it was at 43% and I asked the SA about it and he told me that with the volume of cars they get, they cant charge them all up. He told me that they can charge it up a bit.

BTW, congrats to all for getting their first M3. It's so good that my frugal wife insisted we get the LR. I can't imagine not having a Tesla (I actually wont not have one going forward)

Exactly this. My delivery center is in Mount Kisco, NY, which is a 6 hour drive (with gas). Taking a flight down early AM and won't be back until later in the evening. Getting the car with only 65% charge means at 2 supercharging stops. Not fun.

So I scheduled my delivery date this past Saturday for Wednesday pick up. I just received a text stating "Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your model 3 arrives earlier or later than we currently expect." I sent a text back to ask when it was expected, but waiting to hear back. Did anyone have this happen? Why would he schedule it if they don't where the car is? Anyone have this happen?
Same details were in my text. I’m guessing they estimate things based on the transport trucks distance from the delivery centre but weather/traffic and any issues with the car they need to fix can affect the timing.

In Seattle, there's a bunch of new cars sitting on what appears to be some sort of staging lot in SODO. I wonder if any of these may end up being vehicles for any of us Seattleites on this forum.

There's probably around 50 of them. I was unable to get on site to peek at any of the VINs, nor get close enough to tell about the version of headlights they have (sorry for the poor photos).
The new fife location looks pretty similar to this as well with another 2 rows not pictured.

Attachments

• C8987529-02BF-4EFD-8647-7E7514309422.jpeg
    C8987529-02BF-4EFD-8647-7E7514309422.jpeg
    553 KB · Views: 48
  • Informative
Reactions: ms512 and E90alex
Same details were in my text. I’m guessing they estimate things based on the transport trucks distance from the delivery centre but weather/traffic and any issues with the car they need to fix can affect the timing.
He explained It’s in NJ and just got to their 3rd party location for inspection and detailing. Then it get driven to the service center. I am now scheduled for Friday pick up.

To make everyone feel better about their wait…I currently drive a ‘14 Cadillac SRX. Car over heated about a month ago and coolant was non existent. AC also blowing warm. Sat in the shop for a week and I got a $3100 bill for new water pump and AC condenser and compressor and a $498 rental car bill. 2 days later coolant is all over garage floor. Take it back to Cadi shop. They tell me the water pump is bad. Didn’t I just pay $900 for a new one last week? They make up some bs excuse about a gasket. No charge for a new water pump after keeping it for another week. Coolant is all over garage floor again…

Last edited: