Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here from NJ and completely clueless so sorry in advance.

Ordered Model 3 LR AWD/white/white/performance tires/no fsd over the weekend and have an EDD of Sept - Oct 13.

Any advice/thoughts to help make this a smooth process would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!
Forget you ordered and go about your business until Sept instead of agonizing over every EDD shift and when you think you'll get your VIN like the rest of us 😆

Forget you ordered and go about your business until Sept instead of agonizing over every EDD shift and when you think you'll get your VIN like the rest of us 😆
@Bettywhite this is the best advice ever. I didnt check for over a month and just forgot about it.

It will be here before you know it :)

Even if it did come in way sooner, Tesla will reach out and let you know.

@Bettywhite this is the best advice ever. I didnt check for over a month and just forgot about it.

It will be here before you know it :)

Even if it did come in way sooner, Tesla will reach out and let you know.
@Bettywhite just make sure all of your tasks are completed in the app and Tesla isn't waiting on any of your information. That could potentially delay your delivery. Other than that, I agree, don't obsess over EDD's, don't look too much into when others around your OD are taking delivery before you, and check back on this forum every few days/weeks to get the latest updates from others in the group. In the meantime, start hoarding all of your accessories for when the day finally does come.

On day 2 of my window I got bumped out a week and no vin. Then 2 days later I got my VIN assigned....hang in there and keep an eye on your app. Noticed my VIN there before I got the text message.
Thanks for the encouragement! Just got my new EDD, and only got pushed back 3 days. New EDD 6/16-6/27.

It’s amazing how accurate this forum is. Really makes this entire experience easier. You all are great!

Newbie here from NJ and completely clueless so sorry in advance.

Ordered Model 3 LR AWD/white/white/performance tires/no fsd over the weekend and have an EDD of Sept - Oct 13.

Any advice/thoughts to help make this a smooth process would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!
Select cash as a placeholder payment option and no for trade-in.
This is to avoid multiple hard credit checks and having to constantly update your trade-in pictures/quotes as the months tick by waiting for a VIN.

Once you get your VIN, then start getting everything lined up.
Ask your SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in (if you plan on trading in a vehicle to Tesla directly), and get your insurance policy updated.

Adding a weird observation, probably useless but I found it interesting. I noticed the months on my EDD (Sept to Oct) switched to lowercase letters over the past week or so, and then back to uppercase letters this morning. Likely means nothing at all, but thought it was interesting.
Heh, mine did too, but my EDD range is the next 6 days

Reactions: jpaychek
Select cash as a placeholder payment option and no for trade-in.
This is to avoid multiple hard credit checks and having to constantly update your trade-in pictures/quotes as the months tick by waiting for a VIN.

Once you get your VIN, then start getting everything lined up.
Ask your SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in (if you plan on trading in a vehicle to Tesla directly), and get your insurance policy updated.
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm good with the waiting.....but someone tell the wifey that!!

As for getting the tasks all done. We are on the "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" screen. So we're not doing a trade in so no issues there. We are financing, but we had heard to wait as the loan is only good for.....60 days I think we heard so to wait to apply. But than also, heard because of this it could cause delay so what I'm hearing from this is to change the order to "cash". Once we get the VIN# we can than change to financing? If so, that sounds like good advice!!

Thanks!!

Adding a weird observation, probably useless but I found it interesting. I noticed the months on my EDD (Sept to Oct) switched to lowercase letters over the past week or so, and then back to uppercase letters this morning. Likely means nothing at all, but thought it was interesting.
I noticed this last night too, I tried to convince myself it meant something. But alas no change this morning.

Reactions: Guy Maughan
🎉🎊💕Graduation Day!!! 🎊💕🎉
According to Siri, it’s been 107 days of glee, disappointment, frustration, anger, complacency, hopefulness, giddiness, and joy. I really have enjoyed this forum as its been very therapeutic during the entire process. I’m moving on to other forums and glad people like T-J are hanging around to guide newbies through the process. Take care everyone and I’ll echo the same sentiments from other graduates: It’s worth the wait!

Attachments

• EA5ED7EF-08E4-44BF-AAE2-CFD1F14DD1B7.jpeg
    EA5ED7EF-08E4-44BF-AAE2-CFD1F14DD1B7.jpeg
    733.8 KB · Views: 78
🎉🎊💕Graduation Day!!! 🎊💕🎉
According to Siri, it’s been 107 days of glee, disappointment, frustration, anger, complacency, hopefulness, giddiness, and joy. I really have enjoyed this forum as its been very therapeutic during the entire process. I’m moving on to other forums and glad people like T-J are hanging around to guide newbies through the process. Take care everyone and I’ll echo the same sentiments from other graduates: It’s worth the wait!
Nice. Whenever i see a red M3, its nice. Dont see a lot in this area.

Yeah that’s ridiculous. When taking delivery of an ICE car, it’s customary for the car to come with a full tank of gas at “no cost” (though I figure the finance dept. builds it into the sale price/financing somehow). But for the few dollars of charging, Tesla should at least make that complimentary
You think it would be simple to just give free x amount of Supercharging, or should just even just be an incentive with vehicle purchase. Like your first charge is on Tesla? Where is the petition? haha.

Reactions: phaheem
I'll be in that boat next week, and tried ABRP app to plan the trip home. It was showing me 2 charging stops with 90% or 60% SOC at the beginning anyway. The latter required total charging time of 26 min and getting home with 10% left and total trip time of 7 hrs. I don't think it's too bad and we just need to get used to that new mind set of not being able to re-fuel anytime and anyplace we want and possibly carrying extra canister in the trunk just in case.
But what would be nice, is having 90% charge at pick up, like having full tank of gas when buying a new car.
I'm going to contact Mt.Kisco the day before and let them know my concern. I'll see if they can charge the car to 90% for delivery day.

Were you able to get the pickup time you wanted for delivery? I'm hoping to get something between 11:30-12:30 so I can get home at a more reasonable hour.