Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was a bit surprised with the LR we picked up yesterday. I was transferring items off our current Model 3 over, and was going to set up the dashcam. In the glovebox, there is already a Tesla thumb drive connected for Sentry/Dashcam. Is this standard? I will probably still replace it with mine, but that was a pleasant surprise amid Tesla removing any accessories being included these days...
Standard.
I also immediately pulled mine and replaced it with a SanDisk Extreme microSDXC card.

Last edited:
When did everyone get the final amount owed to tesla? I'm trying to figure out the final amount so I can complete my 3rd party loan application.

Also on a side note, Tesla's trade in offer was a joke....Carmax offer 12k (because the transmission is having hard downshifts), trade in BB is ~14k and tesla offers 9.5k?!?! 2014 BMW 335i M-sport FWIW?
If you look on your order screen on the Tesla website, you should be able to see your final cost, which includes shipping, taxes, registration, etc.

yeah, to re-engage it is simple, but shouldn't have to be that way. I feel like there are many higher end cars that this come standard on. All I'm saying is that it would be nice if this was a feature included on standard autopilot. I mean....it's not asking much, right? lol.

Let's just start a revolution and all tweet Elon to get this added for free haha.
Separating out automatic lane changing is clearly a bonehead move. This is how I'd structure things:

Basic autopilot: speed control, lane keeping, lane changing on highways by use of turn signal
Advanced autopilot: basic, plus automatic highway navigation from on ramp to off ramp (including automatic passing)
Full self driving: automatic navigation anywhere

Summon, automatic parking and so forth can be sprinkled in as appropriate.

Basic is the sort of stuff that any modern car should be expected to do. Advanced is for people who want to skip the mindless long range stuff (especially road trippers). Full self driving is for people who don't want to drive at all.

When did everyone get the final amount owed to tesla? I'm trying to figure out the final amount so I can complete my 3rd party loan application.

Also on a side note, Tesla's trade in offer was a joke....Carmax offer 12k (because the transmission is having hard downshifts), trade in BB is ~14k and tesla offers 9.5k?!?! 2014 BMW 335i M-sport FWIW?
Got nearly 20K for my 2014 Q50 from Carvana, Tesla's offer was 16.5K. Relatively low mileage car with no issues.

Reactions: Maric

You won’t get the true final amount until you get a VIN and the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) is generated.

If applying for a loan it’s recommended to wait until closer to delivery or even after you get a VIN. If applying before hand then you can just estimate what the loan amount will be but make sure to round up and add a few extra percent on top of sales tax for fees.

For example they can always approve you for a $60k loan or something but that doesn’t mean your final loan is for $60k. Just that you can go up to $60k if needed. So if your final amount only ends up being $50k or $40k that’s fine. But if you end up needing $65k then you will need to ask the bank to approve the higher amount or you have to pay the overage yourself out of pocket.

Reactions: Nfletcher

Damn, I literally just sold the same BMW in Estoril Blue for 23k private party.

Graduation day for me today! Pick up process was a breeze. Team at the Fife, WA store is awesome! They supercharged me to 90% before I hit the road. There was a tiny grease spot on the front spoiler they fixed right away. Car was super clean inside and out. Couldn't be happier with my new baby!
tesla06232022.jpg

Does everyone recommend picking up at Tesla rather than at home? I think I selected at home for the convenience but it looks like pickup is more common.

Also does anyone else change their mind on the paint color everytime they see a Tesla on the road 😆 I bought white, but I like the red, grey, and that doesnt even include all of the awesome looking wraps! Will changing paint color move my car down the line?

My current est. delivery (Model 3 LR) is July 14 - Aug 11. The dates keep jumping around, sooner then later. My family is wanting to plan a 1 week vacation this summer somewhere with-in this delivery window so I called Tesla to find out how much time they give you once your car is ready. They said when ready, you'll get an email with the VIN # , then within 1 week they'll give you a 3 day window that you must accept delivery of the car. I asked about delaying delivery and they said that would mean going back in line for another potential long wait. At first when I googled this question, Google said you have 30 days to arrange for pickup, I asked the Tesla rep and he said that "that may have been true 10 years ago but today it's 3 days. Does anybody have any advice or suggestions? It's summer and lots of people travel and go on vacation, but I'm sure no one wants to jeopardize not getting their new car they waited so long for. Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

Does everyone recommend picking up at Tesla rather than at home? I think I selected at home for the convenience but it looks like pickup is more common.

Also does anyone else change their mind on the paint color everytime they see a Tesla on the road 😆 I bought white, but I like the red, grey, and that doesnt even include all of the awesome looking wraps! Will changing paint color move my car down the line?

If you are close to the pickup SC it's nice to be able to get small items corrected on the spot if you find anything wrong at delivery.

I changed my order 6 times before I settled on MSM. It did not affect my order date because it had not been queued for production yet.