Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost bought homelink but I ran across a post that said they used double sided tape and taped it to the lower middle of the screen. So far that has worked for me. Also I think its $350 now, that's actually what gave me pause on pressing the buy button. I was ready to spend the $325 but now that it increased I am not sure its worth that. Like I said so far the opener behind the screen is working great. Sure you don't get the auto open/close but I just put on the camera after I pull out and make sure it closes, and off I go.

How is the door sills? I am thinking of getting those. Are they both front and back or just fronts?
Is just the fronts...but to be honest the matte one included are pretty nice and I haven't swapped them out.

Graduated today..
Wish I had discovered this site and forum before but grateful for all of the insight and information this past week.

Picked up from Tysons Corner, Virginia. Based on input from others, arrived 30 minutes early and brought a screwdriver to take my plates off and take a final photo of the odometer from my trade in. (Delivery said I was already their favorite customer). They were finishing up the previous group but my car was out front with my name on it so I inspected the outside while the waiting room cleared out. Immaculate and didn't notice anything obvious.

Paperwork and trade in inside was easy, they let me take a look inside the car while handling the people actually on time and then I accepted delivery.

Car was charged to 52%; I don't have my station installed yet so testing the slow charge.
Asked if I had matrix lights, another customer said "what's that?" I replied I learned about it on this site and it is now important to me lol. Delivery checked in the back and said I had them but I have no clue.
Michelin tires, Mobile charging kit included and thrown in the trunk. Another person picking up said he didn't have one and they went to another car being prepped for delivery (there were a dozen or so) and gave it to him.

Got the black interior because I have a teenage soccer playing son and I already know there isn't a product on this Earth that can protect those white seats. Didn't discover this site so had already ordered the all purpose mats, wheel covers when I take off the aeros, and illuminated door sills direct from Tesla. Appointment for tint and a wrap already set.

Car is quick/fast...My last 3 cars were a Nissan Maxima SR, Jaguar XF, and Charger SRT. I was going 93 in the HOV lane and didn't realize it...with zero stress on how much super premium I was using.

My nitpick stuff...didnt get the Home Link because the principle of paying $325 for something that come with every Toyota Corolla annoyed me. That said, searching for my garage opener is getting old already. I fully get the Waze etc not connected but was shocked no XM option.

Looking forward to learning more from others on here and playing with the car the next few days.

Great to see some Tysons Corner movement! Congrats on the new ride! I’m right behind you, although I am well aware of Tesla’s inconsistency regarding pickups/deliveries. I was wondering who you chose for your tint and wrap work or if you had a Northern VA recommendation as I plan on getting both done soon after acquiring the car.

Not looking forward to the higher property tax bill or the extra added cost for registration renewal. We‘ve already felt that pain with my wife’s MY.

Starting to slowly crack after (compared to some of you lunatics lol) a pretty chill 3 months of waiting. Might start buying accessories soon, currently leaning towards Taptes or 3DMaxSpider mats, a grocery hook for the trunk, an insert for the ridiculously sized cupholders, a center storage space organizer thingy, and maybe some cleaning supplies. Seems like there was a bit of a lull in member activity for end of march orders and beyond. It felt like there were tons and tons of active posters with feb/early march orders, and not so many late march. Best of luck to any other mt kisco folks lurking, I should probably figure out my travel plans from Buffalo sooner rather than later...
I feel your pain, I'm hoping that when July 1 comes around I'll finally get a VIN, it's been tough watching all these CA orders get pushed by passing up other orders! Worth the wait though...
M3LR/MSM/BLACK/AERO/NO FSD, OD 3/20/22, ODD 6/9-7/25, DD2 6/11-7/18, DD3 7/18-8/29, DD4 7/2-8/6, Chandler, AZ

Does anyone know what the current financing rate is if using Tesla Financing? I had put cash when I set up the app to accelerate the process of getting an EDD, but I'm about ready to figure out how much of a loan I should go for and start that process.

Reactions: guerro
Does anyone know what the current financing rate is if using Tesla Financing? I had put cash when I set up the app to accelerate the process of getting an EDD, but I'm about ready to figure out how much of a loan I should go for and start that process.
The financing calculator shows 3.74% for loans but of course YMMV depending on your credit score. You can probably find a better rate with a third party credit union.

The financing calculator shows 3.74% for loans but of course YMMV depending on your credit score. You can probably find a better rate with a third party credit union.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking it was probably going to be around 4% when doing initial calcs. I may call my credit union to see if they can do better. Last time I checked their website they said auto loans as low as 2.24% but no idea if it's higher for a Tesla.

Would like to hear more about your experience with the Irvine delivery center - from order to pickup - if you don't mind. It's where I ordered and will be picking up my M3LR. Thanks!
We got there a few minutes early and found our cars parked in the delivery area so we inspected the exterior (not as clean as i would have expected), but no issues with the build quality. The M3LR was also unlocked, so I was able to sit inside and look at the interior. The MYP was locked so we could just look through the windows. Once we did that, there were a couple of employees working the check in area which is under a couple of white tents. He asked for ID, looked up our accounts, then asked if we were paying through the Tesla app or by cashier's check. We opted to pay through the app. Some people pay days in advance. We waited and payed on site after looking at the car. Once the payment was received (a matter of seconds), accepted delivery on the app, and we were able to unlock the car. I would suggest asking for help from a service advisor to set up a few basic settings and go over any issues with the car if there is any. You have 24 hours to address any issues and submit a service request. Also, they said 60-80% battery charge was standard for delivery. We ordered from the Mission Viejo store, so I didn't have any prior experience with the Irvine center. They were super busy with a lot of deliveries yesterday.

Hey everyone, giving my updated as promised! Was assigned my VIN today, 6/19 @ 1135am pst! EDD holding steady but was advised that I’ll be hearing from delivery team to arrange in the next few days! Hope y’all are doing well!
Alright y'all...this should be my penultimate update! Since my VIN assignment on 6/19 I have scheduled my delivery for right at the EOQ. June 30 pickup in Sunnyvale. Next update will be some photos. 2 more days! For those of you still waiting...hang in there and I'm rootin' for ya!

I've been lurking here recently and thought I would join and update you guys on my journey. I am in North Carolina and placed my order April 11th, 78 days since ordering. My current estimated delivery is August 13th to September 17th. M3LR, Midnight Silver Metallic, Aero Wheels, Black Interior, Standard Autopilot (no FSD). Based on what I've been reading so far I'm really hoping to see a VIN number soon. The closer it gets the more excited I am getting haha. I just joined so I can't put my order info in my description yet.

On 5/19 I ordered a MS RWD (Sept-Dec DD, in account: 10/23 – 12/18) and on 6/23 changed it to a Blue LR AWD in hopes of getting DD pushed up. The LR AWD listed Aug-Nov when I ordered the RWD. 4 days later my DD hasn't changed despite the upgrade. Is it likely it will jump up and I just need to keep checking?

I'm debating a Performance just to get ahead of the continual interest rate hikes (1% expected in 2-3 weeks here in Canada.)
My DD updated this morning from 10/23-12/18 to 8/17-9/21. PRAISE THE LORD.

Thanks all for the info and tips, much appreciated.

Great to see some Tysons Corner movement! Congrats on the new ride! I’m right behind you, although I am well aware of Tesla’s inconsistency regarding pickups/deliveries. I was wondering who you chose for your tint and wrap work or if you had a Northern VA recommendation as I plan on getting both done soon after acquiring the car.

Not looking forward to the higher property tax bill or the extra added cost for registration renewal. We‘ve already felt that pain with my wife’s MY.
I'm in NVA as well so if you find anything on tint please let me know!

Also, If you're financing, checkout Apple Federal Credit union...BY FAR the lowest rates...1.79% 4 year, 2.14% 5 and 2.69 for 6 year loan!

Reactions: HeatherW22
He asked for ID, looked up our accounts, then asked if we were paying through the Tesla app or by cashier's check. We opted to pay through the app. Some people pay days in advance. We waited and payed on site after looking at the car. Once the payment was received (a matter of seconds), accepted delivery on the app, and we were able to unlock the car.
Thanks for sharing! Are you referring to the final down payment? If so, what methods can you use to pay through the app (i.e., credit card, Apple Pay)? Are you required to bring a cashier’s check (instead of personal check) when picking up in person?

Reactions: likkuid
Nine days after delivery. Gave the car a wash and applied some high tech wax (Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax). Accessories still coming in including the Tesla brand CCS1 adapter and the Tesla Pet Liner. Trying to figure out the best way to manage possible need for summer overheat protection and the potential for excess condensation the cooling system. Really love this car. Finally getting around to posting a photo to the waiting room.
M3LR, white/black/aero, OD 3/9, DD 6/19 Mt Kisco

Attachments

• 20220628-DSCF5019.jpg
    20220628-DSCF5019.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 92
Thanks for sharing! Are you referring to the final down payment? If so, what methods can you use to pay through the app (i.e., credit card, Apple Pay)? Are you required to bring a cashier’s check (instead of personal check) when picking up in person?
Final payment can only be made in the app by ACH transfer by linking your bank account with Plaid, you can’t charge it to a card. Otherwise you can bring a cashiers check to delivery day or some might accept a personal check depending on amount. Ask the delivery team at your local pickup location to confirm.

Final payment can only be made in the app by ACH transfer by linking your bank account with Plaid, you can’t charge it to a card. Otherwise you can bring a cashiers check to delivery day or some might accept a personal check depending on amount. Ask the delivery team at your local pickup location to confirm.
Thanks for clarifying. I was hoping I could capitalize on some bonus Amex points by paying with a credit card lol