Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly the factory is back in business so maybe good news soon.

Casting seems to be going into over drive which means tesla is likely preparing to soon really crank up the production. Still hopefully for a mid to late August delivery

Last edited:
Reactions: codenameku
Clearly the factory is back in business so maybe good news soon.

One can only hope.

Only like 17 days in and I'm dying! Have both a count up from OD and count down to beginning of EDD window on my home screen... 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718-171622.jpg
    Screenshot_20220718-171622.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 70
So, just another Data point. OD was 7-1, my EDD was Sept-Dec [I don't remember the exact dates]. Then on 7-4 I changed to aero wheels and my EDD jumped to Nov 7-Jan 02. Everything else stayed the same.

Changing the wheels made that much difference.
This gets posted, and I'm not calling you out in particular, about how EDDs change when someone updates something. I was in a similar situation with a EDD of 7/10-7/24 then I updated to EAP and my EDD instantly jumped out to close to where it is now. Looking back the July EDD was 100% non realistic and I'm not sure why Tesla was giving me such an unrealistic EDD. I've noticed that when people make changes to their car and the EDD updates it seems to do something to the system where the system then updates them to a MORE accurate EDD. Just going to tell you the truth if you ordered your car you are not getting it in until November at the earliest (pending a cancellation etc). Right now the average wait time is 120 days/4 months minimum.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
This gets posted, and I'm not calling you out in particular, about how EDDs change when someone updates something. I was in a similar situation with a EDD of 7/10-7/24 then I updated to EAP and my EDD instantly jumped out to close to where it is now. Looking back the July EDD was 100% non realistic and I'm not sure why Tesla was giving me such an unrealistic EDD. I've noticed that when people make changes to their car and the EDD updates it seems to do something to the system where the system then updates them to a MORE accurate EDD. Just going to tell you the truth if you ordered your car you are not getting it in until November at the earliest (pending a cancellation etc). Right now the average wait time is 120 days/4 months minimum.
Thanks. I wasn't upset, only disappointed. Maybe they should have been more realistic in their initial EDD. There have been a couple of posts where ppl around my OD have had much earlier EDDs.

Honestly I have 4 business degrees [undergrad Econ and accounting, masters in Econ and MBA] I'm a CPA/PFS, and an RIA... so kind of an analytical type. I think Tesla is in a no win situation. Demand far outstrips supply and estimating an EDD is a crapshoot at best given all the variables. They have to give an estimate or orders dry up if they don't. Yet they cannot adequately manage all the variables. I 'beat' an similar software challenge in grad school and pissed off the prof because I was the first to do so. What Tesla is trying to do is far more complicated than those who haven't studied the dynamics in which they are operating. They, Tesla, are doing a stellar job under the circumstances.

Reactions: statman55 and ZZ118
Thanks. I wasn't upset, only disappointed. Maybe they should have been more realistic in their initial EDD. There have been a couple of posts where ppl around my OD have had much earlier EDDs.

Honestly I have 4 business degrees [undergrad Econ and accounting, masters in Econ and MBA] I'm a CPA/PFS, and an RIA... so kind of an analytical type. I think Tesla is in a no win situation. Demand far outstrips supply and estimating an EDD is a crapshoot at best given all the variables. They have to give an estimate or orders dry up if they don't. Yet they cannot adequately manage all the variables. I 'beat' an similar software challenge in grad school and pissed off the prof because I was the first to do so. What Tesla is trying to do is far more complicated than those who haven't studied the dynamics in which they are operating. They, Tesla, are doing a stellar job under the circumstances.
I agree with you. I just try to give people the honest truth. These EDDs bounce around a bit over time usually. I hate when people fall into the trap I'm feel in where they see a unrealistic EDD and get their hopes up only for it to revert back to the "real" EDD. Those people who are posting about a September delivery but ordered in late June / July are unfortunately going to find themselves getting pushed back soon enough. Except as i said before weird things happen in the last month of a quarter on the west during the push

From the looks of it ..its gonna be 150 days ..it used to be just 80-100 days..but that is very unrealistic now

Reactions: Nfletcher
I got an update today, 2-week window finally, now I just need the vin and a car to show up. I will lock in my financing tomorrow (3rd party) ordered my Tesla Shields mats, figured out how to charge for free at work, and got some small items from Prime day. It is getting close, no idea what day this is but it's been a while. Excited and freaked out at the same time, the wife is anti-change so this has been an annoyance for her lol.

I got an update today, 2-week window finally, now I just need the vin and a car to show up. I will lock in my financing tomorrow (3rd party) ordered my Tesla Shields mats, figured out how to charge for free at work, and got some small items from Prime day. It is getting close, no idea what day this is but it's been a while. Excited and freaked out at the same time, the wife is anti-change so this has been an annoyance for her lol.
Keep us updated my man, I really hope you get your vin soon that gives me some hope for mine.

Reactions: EdgeM3LR
Your at 113 days.

Just curious, do you guys think mud flaps are a must? Which ones should I get if so? Any suggestions on floor mats?

I already got a wheel kit to take the covers off, screen protector, performance petals, and cleaning tools/supplies to hand wash the car. Any other suggested items before taking delivery?

M3LR, Blue, Black interior, Aero Wheels, No FSD. OD 4/7. EDD 8/1 -8/15. Indiana.

Just curious, do you guys think mud flaps are a must? Which ones should I get if so? Any suggestions on floor mats?

I already got a wheel kit to take the covers off, screen protector, performance petals, and cleaning tools/supplies to hand wash the car. Any other suggested items before taking delivery?

M3LR, Blue, Black interior, Aero Wheels, No FSD. OD 4/7. EDD 8/1 -8/15. Indiana.
I like the tesbros mudflaps. Mainly because they come with precut ppf to protect the paint where you mount the flaps to the car.

Definitely want a cup holder insert and the sliding trays for the center console cubby’s.