Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like I said before tesla has no incentive to lower prices on the car simply to meet the requirements of the bill. Maybe they will but I wouldn't bet on that

Not trying to be that guy cause of course I'd love to save 7500 but tesla has no financial incentive so doubtful they will really care

well part of the increase of price was for forcasted inflation cost of commodity's and with elon tweeting hes seeing a decline lets hope the good guy deed comes out lol but then anything elon says is hyperbole

well part of the increase of price was for forcasted inflation cost of commodity's and with elon tweeting hes seeing a decline lets hope the good guy deed comes out lol but then anything elon says is hyperbole
I hear ya but we all know money talks. Elon might act like he's the champion of the people but he's also beholden to the share holders. All I am asking is why would a company ( at this moment) that has demand>>>>>>supply at current or even higher prices ever want to lower those prices. That's why I'm being so pessimistic cause it makes no sense from a business perspective.

Caveat if other makers start to catch up and/or demand declines that's a different story but that's not where we are today

I was talking to my wife about that if that passes to qualify for the rebate and she rolled her eyes lol
View attachment 834442
I just ran the numbers I would have to spend $3414 more to get a MY LR right now even if I got that $7500 credit since I bought before the prices went up. Not worth it unless prices come down. My wife is giving me this eye roll all day everyday whenever I talk Tesla. I hemed and hawed for months and lost $2500 due to price increases, I would also have the car by now it seems. Heres hoping I won the lottery, then I'll just upgrade to a MS and Rivan R1T lol.

• Funny
Reactions: HeatherW22
I just ran the numbers I would have to spend $3414 more to get a MY LR right now even if I got that $7500 credit since I bought before the prices went up. Not worth it unless prices come down. My wife is giving me this eye roll all day everyday whenever I talk Tesla. I hemed and hawed for months and lost $2500 due to price increases, I would also have the car by now it seems. Heres hoping I won the lottery, then I'll just upgrade to a MS and Rivan R1T lol.
The credit doesn't go into effect until 2023 for new car orders....

Received my diploma yesterday after 128 days of waiting. Pick up was at Tyson’s Corner, VA. Took an Uber. Arrived about 15 mins early for my 1100 appointment. The staff there were great. Took about 10 mins to go over the paperwork and sign. Answered all of my questioMs. I took pics of my NFCU cashiers check together with the paperwork while there at the delivery office. The staff was also kind enough to scan everything and email it back to me (I wanted to have evidence that I turned the final payment over to Tesla).

I inspected the car and could find no issues. It was very clean inside and out, any blemishes I saw were wiped away. No missing paint or exposed areas that I could see. Gaps were good. Looked underneath with an extended mirror and nothing stood out.

Matrix/Ryzen/Hankook was what I had…mobile charging kit was there.

Delivery was an overall great experience for me. Drove it home and immediately put it in the garage. Installed mud flaps, screen protector, 3D maxpider mats, center console organizers. Tint and PPF are next so not going to drive it very much until those are completed In 2 weeks.

This is a great forum and will continue to hang out for current info on Tesla happenings (don’t really like the Facebooks and Reddits)…

Received my diploma yesterday after 128 days of waiting. Pick up was at Tyson’s Corner, VA. Took an Uber. Arrived about 15 mins early for my 1100 appointment. The staff there were great. Took about 10 mins to go over the paperwork and sign. Answered all of my questioMs. I took pics of my NFCU cashiers check together with the paperwork while there at the delivery office. The staff was also kind enough to scan everything and email it back to me (I wanted to have evidence that I turned the final payment over to Tesla).

I inspected the car and could find no issues. It was very clean inside and out, any blemishes I saw were wiped away. No missing paint or exposed areas that I could see. Gaps were good. Looked underneath with an extended mirror and nothing stood out.

Matrix/Ryzen/Hankook was what I had…mobile charging kit was there.

Delivery was an overall great experience for me. Drove it home and immediately put it in the garage. Installed mud flaps, screen protector, 3D maxpider mats, center console organizers. Tint and PPF are next so not going to drive it very much until those are completed In 2 weeks.

This is a great forum and will continue to hang out for current info on Tesla happenings (don’t really like the Facebooks and Reddits)…
🥳 Awesome news on another satisfied delivery! You'll be a standout with that config. 🤩 Enjoy the ride FLEO!

Reactions: guerro
Are you considered east or west coast? East Coast right? Wondering if That may have something to do with it. Interesting -I have an OD of May as well and we are pretty close to the same EDD. The logic that I have been using is that east coast will get Aug delivery ( I hope) and west coast will get Sept. hope I am right!
You're correct that eastbound vs westbound is an important distinction. Eastbound deliveries are more involved logistically. They go out by large rail shipments (Chicago, Illinois and Birmingham, Alabama) and then by truck. To ensure that they make those deliveries in the quarter, they focus on them first, to get them out of the way. Westbound deliveries are also going out, but probably not at anywhere near the same cadence. As the weeks remaining in the quarter shorten, Tesla then focuses on westbound deliveries because they can be completely more reliably. It's just a truck drive from the factory. You'll notice that in the waning days of the quarter, Tesla will get more and more focused on deliveries within a relatively short distance from the factory.

From what I've gathered, the rail shipments are about 2500 cars. Each carrier can transport about 25 cars, and they seem to run about 100 rail cars at a time. Fremont builds 9000 cars a week. That's a lot of rail shipments and even more truck transporters. The logistical network must be massive.

Last edited:
The sad but true part of this bill for Tesla is they have no reason to change their manufacturing methods. The demand is already out the door with talks of shutting down some orders to clear the backlog and they make insane profit margins on each. Honestly what's in it for them??

Of course laws are the legal way of squeezing and squashing competition ie Tesla

I expect many orders on 1 Jan
I expect many orders as soon as this thing passes and the estimated delivery date on the order page starts at January 2023. Which is... now. Customers can put a hold on an order and/or decline a vehicle to ensure that they don't take delivery until the vehicle qualifies for the rebate. I wonder if Tesla will be hard-pressed to delivery any qualifying car (if any qualify) in December. Also, existing stock of plug-in hybrids will lose some measure of appeal because people will want to wait for the rebate to kick in for those as well. It's kind of a dumb way to set up a new law.

Osborne effect - Wikipedia

"The Osborne Effect states that prematurely discussing future, unavailable products damages sales of existing products."

It's been said on this thread in recent days, but I'll say it again. For those trying to decode what is going on with the proposed legislation in the Senate and tax credits. Don't waste your time. Far from a done deal. May not even become law. What a mess.

Just buy what you want when you are ready to purchase it. If you want a model Y. Then get one. Don't have the difference between a model Y and model 3 LR money now? Save up.

I hear ya but we all know money talks. Elon might act like he's the champion of the people but he's also beholden to the share holders. All I am asking is why would a company ( at this moment) that has demand>>>>>>supply at current or even higher prices ever want to lower those prices. That's why I'm being so pessimistic cause it makes no sense from a business perspective.

Caveat if other makers start to catch up and/or demand declines that's a different story but that's not where we are today
Lead times for all models are coming in and annualized car sales in the US have dropped according to the St Louis Fed’s data from 18.78 Million in 2021 to 13.47 million now. If I put in an order for a MYP right now, the Website says it could come as early as next month.

The purpose of the interest rate hikes is to decrease demand, and more hikes are coming. All this is happening around the world while Tesla is trying to ramp two brand new massive factories and all other automakers are pumping billions into new production and especially EV production.

Long story short, you’re using old talking points and we don’t know what Tesla’s order flow is right now but we know delivery times are coming in across the board. And Tesla has quite a lot of used inventory building. If we look forward and consider all these factors, it seems likely that new inventories will begin building and that’s exactly what central banks are trying to achieve.

If demand doesn’t come down enough to affect prices, central banks will hike rates further

It's been said on this thread in recent days, but I'll say it again. For those trying to decode what is going on with the proposed legislation in the Senate and tax credits. Don't waste your time. Far from a done deal. May not even become law. What a mess.

Just buy what you want when you are ready to purchase it. If you want a model Y. Then get one. Don't have the difference between a model Y and model 3 LR money now? Save up.
Bravo 👏! Well said.