Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I'm Scott and we recently ordered our M3LR AWD. White on white with aero wheels and FSD.
OD: 03/07/2022
EDD: 5/29-6-26
Kansas City Area

So grateful we got our order in when we did, saved $3500.00 already. They also started and then revoked earlier delivery with FSD purchase after ordering.

I was also wondering about rumors I've heard about the M3 getting ventilated (heating and cooling) seats. Does anyone know about this? Maybe a possible mini refresh this month?
I forgot to update:

Our VIN was assigned on May 4th.
Then we took delivery on May 21st.

The last 2 1/2 months and nearly 5k miles has been fantastic!

To anyone living within a reasonable distance to your car pickup: I envy you. Just booked my 6 hour train ticket that departs at 5:30 AM for my car pickup next weekend. Shockingly, it was difficult to convince anyone to drive me all the way across the state to pick my car up, just to have to drive themselves back alone in their non-new Tesla Model 3.
I feel for you. I picked up in Dallas which is 360 miles from home. Booked a flight in advance since the Tesla service center is right across the street from the airport (Love Field). The night before we are to leave I get a text saying that they would have to postpone my delivery because the car was delayed. I made it VERY CLEAR, that was UNACCEPTABLE, being as I had already booked a flight/hotel. They adjusted their schedule and prioritized making my car ready, which ended up being only a 3 hour delay.

Just received VIN!

3271XX

OD 6/11
White exterior, white interior, 19in wheels.

Notified via text.
Congrats but also really annoys me that i still haven't gotten a vin number yet when my OD is 3/27 how is this making any sense. I also see people getting vin from April and may purchase.

1659387512873.gif

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait as long as 120 days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
12. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts

Congrats but also really annoys me that i still haven't gotten a vin number yet when my OD is 3/27 how is this making any sense. I also see people getting vin from April and may purchase.
You're westbound from the factory, which is currently lower priority than eastbound, and you have a base configuration, which is a longer queue than upgraded configurations. You'll get your VIN any time now. The only orders on the spreadsheet that have gone out to California are to destinations within a couple hours of the factory. They're probably being picked up at the factory, and Tesla can handle those with zero logistical cost.

View attachment 835455
SOQ east coast gets priority due to having to deal with transport via rail.

From the copypasta above
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.​