Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi team! Ordered my M3LR in Midnight metallic silver with 19” sport wheels back in July 1st.

These were my Est EDD.

Dec-Jan of 2023 m
Oct-Nov
Sept 8-Oct 13

I just wanted to get some ideas from you guys if this last Est. EDD is accurate? Chances of getting pushed back? What Quarter I should it be falling to Q3? Q4? No Vin or what’s so ever.
I am located 30 miles away from Fremont Factory is that’s make any difference.

Welcome in!

EDDs are wildly inaccurate and will change multiple times within your order. I also placed my order on Jul 1, and my current EDD is Aug 18 - Sept 15. Remember, its an estimate. There are people from earlier in the year who havent received their M3s yet so im expecting some push back on our delivery dates.
Where are you located? I am located 30 miles away from Fremont Factory. If that makes any difference.

Welcome in!

EDDs are wildly inaccurate and will change multiple times within your order. I also placed my order on Jul 1, and my current EDD is Aug 18 - Sept 15. Remember, its an estimate. There are people from earlier in the year who havent received their M3s yet so im expecting some push back on our delivery dates.
July 1 ordered and August-Sept EDD. Wow! Please let me know or message me once you take delivery. I’m stoke!

Reactions: HeatherW22
July 1 ordered and August-Sept EDD. Wow! Please let me know or message me once you take delivery. I’m stoke!
I'm in the East bay, probably 10-15 minutes from the Fremont Factory (technically Union City and Fremont are touching cities so...)

Every day I drive to the office I pass the factory and see all the pretty cars lined up, just hoping one of those is mine haha.

Has anyone used Driveway to sell their used car (or Tesla)? They are my best offer so far, 47,200 vs 45,400 from Carvana, for my 2020 SR+ Just under 20k miles.
GivemetheVin says they can do better than 47 but haven’t see that yet.

Just got the text to see if I want to trade my old car in! It’s getting exciting! I was just thinking I needed that text/ phone call before I would get a VIN. Now I can mark that box off. How long before I can call my SC and ask if they have a VIN for me without being one of those annoying people who call and ask when there car will be there? Hehe

Just got the text to see if I want to trade my old car in! It’s getting exciting! I was just thinking I needed that text/ phone call before I would get a VIN. Now I can mark that box off. How long before I can call my SC and ask if they have a VIN for me without being one of those annoying people who call and ask when there car will be there? Hehe
Got the text over a week now and still haven’t gotten anything. But some people get that text and couple of days later get a vin number just really determines where you live is my guess.

That's great!! Is this a generic text or only sent to those that are doing a trade? You've waited long enough to be "annoying" so go ahead and call. lol Getting closer to that VIN#!! 😁🚗

ordered model 3 in March sold my car since it showed the car would be available at the end of the month. Then of course every month it got delayed further yesterday I got excited since for the past 2 weeks stated that delivery was from 8/2-8/16 THEN this morning it got delayed AGAIN to 9/17-10/22 AM I EVER GOING TO GET MY TESLA?!?!?!?

give it 7-10 days

Reactions: HeatherW22
Our current EDD range is in November. Around that time we plan to take a trip, but we don't want to risk not being home on delivery day.

Anyone dealt with that. Is there any point at which you can rely enough on the EDD to make plans?
Hi team! Ordered my M3LR in Midnight metallic silver with 19” sport wheels back in July 1st.

These were my Est EDD.

Dec-Jan of 2023 m
Oct-Nov
Sept 8-Oct 13

I just wanted to get some ideas from you guys if this last Est. EDD is accurate? Chances of getting pushed back? What Quarter I should it be falling to Q3? Q4? No Vin or what’s so ever.
You can ask your SA to put your order on hold until Dec. 1 2022 (assuming your trip is over by then).

The delivery experience might be the same as last year, Q4 2021, which was due to the potential passing of the BBB bill causing people to put holds on their orders until Jan. 1 2022 (under the assumption the bill would pass sometime in 2022, with the EV credit being retroactive to Jan. 1 2022).

With the BBB bill 2.0 (IRA bill), we could see people doing the same thing and putting holds on their orders until Jan. 1 2023.

What would happen is EDDs get moved up as people are no longer taking delivery in 2022, and Tesla will still try to shove as many cars out of Fremont as possible, due to EOQ and EOY push.

Those in California will get the last cars of 2022, due to proximity to Fremont.

ordered model 3 in March sold my car since it showed the car would be available at the end of the month. Then of course every month it got delayed further yesterday I got excited since for the past 2 weeks stated that delivery was from 8/2-8/16 THEN this morning it got delayed AGAIN to 9/17-10/22 AM I EVER GOING TO GET MY TESLA?!?!?!?

Thats interesting, because it appears you are saying that you "ordered in march" of this year because delivery showed it would be by end of march (so less than 1 month turn around time).

Thats interesting, because it appears you are saying that you "ordered in march" of this year because delivery showed it would be by end of march (so less than 1 month turn around time).
yes I ordered it at the begining of march of this year and the app said the car would be delivered by the end of the month but then it got postponed and now it is showing mid september to october

yes I ordered it at the begining of march of this year and the app said the car would be delivered by the end of the month but then it got postponed and now it is showing mid september to october

I dont have a car on order, so was not tracking this closely, but delivery time has been quoted in "months" for quite some time, so thats the interesting part. This is the first report I have seen of someone saying the website told them their brand new car, ordered in march of this year, had a delivery date of march, of this year.

In any case, as you can see from this 2000+ page thread, this delivery date discussion is a pretty hot button topic, but you certainly are not alone in waiting for your car.

Reactions: Nfletcher