Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont have a car on order, so was not tracking this closely, but delivery time has been quoted in "months" for quite some time, so thats the interesting part. This is the first report I have seen of someone saying the website told them their brand new car, ordered in march of this year, had a delivery date of march, of this year.

In any case, as you can see from this 2000+ page thread, this delivery date discussion is a pretty hot button topic, but you certainly are not alone in waiting for your car.
I'm located in NJ. My wife ordered a M3 LR AWD a week after I took delivery of MYP

Ordered June 15th.
Original EDD was Nov.- Jan
Then moved to Oct-Dec. '22
Today EDD changed to Jan-April '23
Unreal.
Welcome to a great forum! EDD's can be all over the place at times. They bounce back and forth. Of course there's always the pushback just after ordering. Other variables are location, upgrades, P model. I'm from SJ and ordered mine on 5/17. My EDD's have been few and steady. On the otherhand when you view other signatures you can see how crazy it can be. Average wait time these days for 3LR is 90-120 days. After 5 posts you can add your signature. ;)

Reactions: jpaychek
Same. Ordered June 30th,

Original EDD was nov- Jan,
Second was nov-dec
Today Jan-April.
If past performance is any indication of future results, trust the first EDD that you get. That has shown to be the most accurate. All the other estimates just seem to be noise to scare the crap out of people - or give them hope unnecessarily. The only exceptions to this are supply chain disruptions. The "charging port" part problem was infamous here, causing several people to report that they had a VIN, but were waiting for a month or more for that danged part to show up.

ordered model 3 in March sold my car since it showed the car would be available at the end of the month. Then of course every month it got delayed further yesterday I got excited since for the past 2 weeks stated that delivery was from 8/2-8/16 THEN this morning it got delayed AGAIN to 9/17-10/22 AM I EVER GOING TO GET MY TESLA?!?!?!?
Doesn't appear that you will.

• Funny
Reactions: HeatherW22
Hopefully we receive some good news this week!

Same. Ordered June 30th,

Original EDD was nov- Jan,
Second was nov-dec
Today Jan-April.
I wouldn't sweat it. You'll probably get an updated EDD with a shorter delivery timeframe. I'm also in NJ. Ordered M3 LR AWD May 18th. App says estimated delivery 8/22-9/26. I believe that's my third or fourth update. However, it hasn't updated in well over a month. I do have three upgrades on the car; paint, wheels, and interior if that makes any difference. I also bought and had installed the Tesla Wall charger in my garage, which Tesla already knows about apparently (other than from buying it on their website.) I think a day after I got it installed and connected it to my Wifi, they sent me an email survey to inquire how satisfied I was with the installation process. Not sure if this helps either (probably not), but can't hurt! Good Luck! I'll keep you NJ folks posted if any are interested.

Reactions: Fire0897
I wouldn't sweat it. You'll probably get an updated EDD with a shorter delivery timeframe. I'm also in NJ. Ordered M3 LR AWD May 18th. App says estimated delivery 8/22-9/26. I believe that's my third or fourth update. However, it hasn't updated in well over a month. I do have three upgrades on the car; paint, wheels, and interior if that makes any difference. I also bought and had installed the Tesla Wall charger in my garage, which Tesla already knows about apparently (other than from buying it on their website.) I think a day after I got it installed and connected it to my Wifi, they sent me an email survey to inquire how satisfied I was with the installation process. Not sure if this helps either (probably not), but can't hurt! Good Luck! I'll keep you NJ folks posted if any are interested.
Yes, I'll tag you. I'm in SJ and we have very close order/EDD dates. I'll be picking up in Cherry Hill.

Reactions: Fire0897
Just got the text to see if I want to trade my old car in! It’s getting exciting! I was just thinking I needed that text/ phone call before I would get a VIN. Now I can mark that box off. How long before I can call my SC and ask if they have a VIN for me without being one of those annoying people who call and ask when there car will be there? Hehe
Nice! Congrats it’s happening soon for you!

I have the same OD and same colours Blue/white and my EDD was aug 5-19 but now Aug 22-sept 19 as of a few days ago. It was so close but now so far (not really but my impatience makes it feel that way)

That's great!! Is this a generic text or only sent to those that are doing a trade? You've waited long enough to be "annoying" so go ahead and call. lol Getting closer to that VIN#!! 😁🚗
at first you might think it is a generic Text, but he also tried to call and left a voice voicemail- I just didn’t pick up because I was on the other line (and no caller ID)

Reactions: gators918
I also bought and had installed the Tesla Wall charger in my garage, which Tesla already knows about apparently (other than from buying it on their website.) I think a day after I got it installed and connected it to my Wifi, they sent me an email survey to inquire how satisfied I was with the installation process. .
Wait a minute!!! You got an email after you installed your wall connector? I installed mine but I never got an email. Is that okay? Is mine installed correctly? I thought everything was good on that. Now I’m all concerned!

Very nervous for tomorrow it’s my 2nd EDD and my last one I got pushed back a whole month so will see what happens tomorrow
1659587685055.gif

Do new Model 3s come with a small piece off PPF installed on the rear of the rocker panels (just in front of the rear wheels)? I seem to remember seeing that they started including this as standard, but don’t know if that is still the case.

Do new Model 3s come with a small piece off PPF installed on the rear of the rocker panels (just in front of the rear wheels)? I seem to remember seeing that they started including this as standard, but don’t know if that is still the case.
No but you can purchase it from Tesla here Model 3 Paint Protection Film

I bought the Tesbros mudflaps which include mudflaps and a similar piece of ppf for the same price. Mud Flaps for Model 3

Wait a minute!!! You got an email after you installed your wall connector? I installed mine but I never got an email. Is that okay? Is mine installed correctly? I thought everything was good on that. Now I’m all concerned!
I never received an email from Tesla after installing the wall connector. It has a solid green light indicating it is connected to wifi . Still no car to hook it up to so havent used it yet.