Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is that BS? You guys won't get much from having an SA. My SA wasn't even around when I got my M3. This is not a traditional car buying experience where you get a salesperson to check on you, give you a tour of the car etc. In fact, you probably wont even get a tour. You check out the car, sign the docs, pay them, and then you get in the car and go home.
I’m saying it’s BS because my coworker has a Y and showed me the text message of his SA giving him a date when he would get his VIN after he told them he needed to travel for business. Mine just tells me they don’t have any information I don’t already have, which appears to be BS.

Reactions: ZZ118
I’m saying it’s BS because my coworker has a Y and showed me the text message of his SA giving him a date when he would get his VIN after he told them he needed to travel for business. Mine just tells me they don’t have any information I don’t already have, which appears to be BS.
My question is when they give these vins are they accurate? I could see some SAs just trolling people as well

I did a Tesla trade-in. They want to know the gross condition of the car - damage and mileage. The damage is documented by pictures. They can get the basic information from the VIN. They have people look over that information well before delivery to assign a lowball value to the car. Once that's all done and you accept their offer, that's it. You show up with the vehicle and the title at delivery and turn them over. The people at the delivery site don't care about the particulars of the transaction because their pay isn't dependent on anything other than a successful transaction. I'm sure that someone who misrepresents their vehicle is going to hear from Tesla's lawyers at some point, but otherwise the vehicle just gets resold.

All that said, I washed and cleaned my car before turning it over. It's just a decent thing to do.
If it makes you feel good to turn in a clean vehicle, by all means no worries. Believe me, I wouldn't turn in a car with fast food wrappers and french fries all over the floorboards, but I certainly wouldn't wash or vacuum it either. That's why used car dealers charge their "reconditioning" fees, which are usually quite expensive.

Reactions: JB47394
Hi all, long time reader, first time posting.

M3LR, black exterior + interior, aero wheels, basic auto pilot.

Financed through SunCoast 8/7/22 for 3.25% at 60 months.

Order date: 04/28/22
VIN assigned 8/7622
EDD: 8/21-8/25

SA reached out today confirming vehicle is in transit to delivery center. Should have delivery date scheduled by EOW.
Hey jw where are you taking delivery

Not sure how you guys are able to get information without VIN. Every time I call, I just get "We see what you see, no vin no info"

I've not called. Only texted and gotten the same.

I called twice after about 430p and was able to get in touch with an actual person. The same day I sent texts and they never responded but once when I was talking to someone they acknowledged that they saw my text- and offered additional information.

Reactions: twister33
Where did you guys even get an SA? Never received a text from tesla ever
Yes, my phrasing was that I was within a 2 week EDD window and asked if she could provide insight on my VIN/DD so I can plan vacation accordingly. I provided her EDD dates. She messaged me back within the hour.
BTW I met SA when I test drove the car. Following my first visit, I got a TM from her... Hi M! E from Tesla here. Thank you for taking the time to come check out and test drive the Model 3 today. Please reach out with any additional questions. In which I have several times. I returned to drive the car again. Then we placed the order. She's been very helpful with the process. So I guess SA's, timing of EDD, and individual situations make a difference.

Did you have a specific SA that you were introduced to or was it just the generic phone number that texted with Welcome to the Family after your order?
This was the same guy who I arranged test drive with in May. After test drive on May 16, he sent me text thanking me for stopping by. Placed order that day and I texted him back and he sent me the Welcome to Tesla Family text. So I just assumed he was my SA, which he confirmed when I talked to him last Saturday in person. I’m fortunate to have a Tesla Showroom only 3 miles from my house.

So for final payment did you guys have a cashiers check on delivery day or did you just use plaid in the app to pay?
I will tell you that my plan was to do the cashiers check, but my movement was so fast that I didn’t have time for them to mail it to me so I am going to go the app and do the ACH (electronic check). Look at the info in my signature. On the 26th I entered a 4 week window, on the 30th I entered 2 weeks, and then on the 4th I got my VIN, 5 day window and then delivery day! I’m luckyi got the money transferred fast enough with a weekend in there!

He's saying that because as you can see some SAs give info like when a vin and actual delivery is coming and others say sorry we doing know anything. So one set of SAs has to be lying then
They're both lying after a fashion.

The ones claiming extra information are lying when they say that things will play out a certain way. They don't know that, but they're using their prior experience to predict how things will probably play out.

The ones claiming no extra information are lying when they say that they don't have any extra information. They have the information gained from experience, and they're just not using that experience to provide any insights.

Can you set up everything in plaid without actually hitting the “submit payment”? I don’t mind getting all my info in there, but don’t want to pay until I’ve checked out the car
I tested this out today, and it took me 2 minutes to get to the submit payment button. I stopped there. When I reentered the app my bank info was no longer there and it wanted me to "Add Payment Method" or whatever it says.