Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Vin today! I hit refresh on app about a hundred times since I got into a two week EDD about a week ago :) In my case at least I went from an EDD of 8/17-8/30 to an EDD of 8/19-8/25. Seems most folks I have read get a 3 or 4 day EDD with Vin. In any case very anxious to pick the car up when the time comes!

My order date was 5/7 for a Blue LR 18" tires black interior included Autopilot no FSD. Original EDD was like mid Sept - late Oct if memory serves me correctly. Than later in time Aug 16-Sept 30 and you have seen the rest. So hope for those with later EDDs maybe.

I have never named a car - might do this one - 'Blue-tarsky'? Kidding - need to give it some thought obviosuly!
🥳Happy Vin Day!!
It's crazy, but I've always named my cars. Thinking of..Panda, Boogie Woogie (it's electric) throwback to electric slide lol, or Vanna. What names are you all thinking about?

OK as this thread goes WAY to fast for me to keep up with so several apologies.....

Pics why we declined.....

These were taken in 100% sun so the red "X" was my camera limitation. SO do not take that as something on a defect at all because it is certainly NOT one.

However....the lines are VERY evident in the sun and from just about every angle. Something happened to put the flecks under the clear all across the passenger side of the car. If this was something to be "buffed" out I would do it myself but literally this is under the clear and hugely visible from every angle. I can't show it but it is even more evident when my wife looked at the driver/pax side.....Gotta love her!

The other issue is the glass. Take a look.....one side was within a millimeter and the other that I posted was like way off.
We didn't address this as we decided NOT to have the entire half side of the car re-painted from new.

So you wanted pics....here they are.

We Love TESLA....but this car VIN 227654.....needs a body repaint and anything after that is up to everyone else.

Just being honest.

And if anyone thinks the pics are just glare.....trust me they are not!

View attachment 805295View attachment 805297View attachment 805299View attachment 805300
Posting it above per a request.
I am getting ready to order a Model 3 but now I have heard so much about poor build quality I am having second thoughts. I have driven Toyota for 25 years with zero problems and just need opinions on the latest 2022 quality. Thanks in advance
See above.
After 12,000 miles on my 22 m3lr that I took delivery of in may (27 day order to delivery in case anyone wondered(cough cough CLE lol)), I wanted to share a few negatives (because its not all cupcakes and rainbows)

So I have 2 issues that are extremely annoying and they are both software issues that likely will get worked out someday with updates.

My electric bill went up by about $150 per month, my average daily charge is about 35-40 kWh's. Shop around for better energy providers through your electric company, go through and look at applestoapples.gov to find the best rates.. or in my case the actual electric company has a better rate than anyone else.

It depends on your electric company, not Tesla.

WE have a rate less than Cali....To charge ours will take less than $10 and that is for a FULL zero to 100%........to see your electric bill go up by "$150 per month" is insane. Let me guess....you live in California?
Also I highly recommend downloading the "Plugshare" app to help you find places to charge in more remote area's on your trips/vacations.

Lastly I will comment on my tire tread wear and brake wear over the past 12,000 miles because it was a major concern of mine when I found out how fast the car eats tires... So I rotated my tires a week ago by myself with jack pucks and 1 harbor freight low profile "Daytona" brand jack, with a 21mm socket and impact wrench. There was no uneven wear and visually the tread was still at a very good depth, I didn't measure :(.
But the brakes! ____ WOW, 12,000 miles and it doesn't look like anyone has ever used the brakes, there are zero lines on the calipers and the pads still look brand new.. this is a game changer. I could probably get 200,000 miles out of one set of brake pads and calipers, not even stretching the truth on that.
@ColoradoMike
I haven't been able to discern any rythum to VIN assignments. I assumed it is because of VINs going to other models as well. What cadance have you identified? thanks
VINs happen when Telsa decides the vehicles move as far as I know.

Last edited:
Easy, tell your grandkids to access the car's control menu as follows.

Home -> Controls -> Software -> Additional vehicle information

While you're at it, also check that the car has 1) the CCS support activated (in case you want to use CCS charging with adapter in future) and 2) the 12v Lithium-ion battery .

View attachment 839193
4G modem???? Is Tesla not using 5G modems yet?

Got my Vin today! I hit refresh on app about a hundred times since I got into a two week EDD about a week ago :) In my case at least I went from an EDD of 8/17-8/30 to an EDD of 8/19-8/25. Seems most folks I have read get a 3 or 4 day EDD with Vin. In any case very anxious to pick the car up when the time comes!

My order date was 5/7 for a Blue LR 18" tires black interior included Autopilot no FSD. Original EDD was like mid Sept - late Oct if memory serves me correctly. Than later in time Aug 16-Sept 30 and you have seen the rest. So hope for those with later EDDs maybe.

I have never named a car - might do this one - 'Blue-tarsky'? Kidding - need to give it some thought obviosuly!
Gives me hope. I ordered 5 days after you! Congrats!!

How does it work if I’m paying half with my own money? Can I pay it with plaid? Or do I need to take my own check too? My CU email says they will send the check after I sign papers..I need to call them and see what my options are
You can make the payment thru the app just call and tell them how much your putting down and how much your financing for and they can update it

Reactions: HeatherW22
FINALLY! And by the way, you got your vehicle FASTER than I did LOL.....we will get ours on Saturday! I KNEW that you would get it asap! So glad things worked out for you @Patrick Jarin !!!!! She looks sweet!

We are doing something similar. If all goes well on Saturday, we will be taking it in for PPF/TINT on Monday! Pick it back up on Wednesday from our PPF/TINT guy.

I am SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! Happy Dances all around!

@EdgeM3LR ......Nope! I have you beat by one day! OD: 3/26 and we pick it up on Saturday the 13th. ;) I hope your delivery goes great! To be honest, I haven't heard any "horror" stories about delivery lately so I think we both will be happy when we pick our vehicles up!

I also haven't heard of folks lately that have the Non-Matrix headlights or any of the previous issues with the charge port things. Good Karma to all awaiting their M3LRs!!!!!
Mike just waiting for you to get your car it’s fun and weird experience because I am so used to being at the dealership for 5hours before taking the car out to finally be your own. It was weird experience that just being there for about 20 minutes and that’s about it

You can make the payment thru the app just call and tell them how much your putting down and how much your financing for and they can update it
Thanks! Yea updated that all now. My only remaining step is figuring out with the credit union how to get that check/money to Tesla.

It looks like you are in San Diego? Don't know if you're looking for insurance but Wawanesa is a great local SD insurance, and they gave me the best rate for my Tesla. Even better wit multicar discount

Reactions: HeatherW22
Thanks! Yea updated that all now. My only remaining step is figuring out with the credit union how to get that check/money to Tesla.
Your bank should take care of that for you unless you are wanting to give them a cashiers check for the loan portion. On the site it says there are several option - dealer funding request is the option I am going to use. When you sign the paperwork at the dealer they will then contact the bank and the bank will pay them. My bank was super familiar with the process so no worries. Tesla did reach out to me and ask that I email them a copy of that.
I was going to answer a bunch of your other questions but it looks like they all were answered before I got through this whole thread! People have been busy today!
picking up tomorrow ! I’m super excited!!! Best of luck to you!

Your bank should take care of that for you unless you are wanting to give them a cashiers check for the loan portion. On the site it says there are several option - dealer funding request is the option I am going to use. When you sign the paperwork at the dealer they will then contact the bank and the bank will pay them. My bank was super familiar with the process so no worries. Tesla did reach out to me and ask that I email them a copy of that.
I was going to answer a bunch of your other questions but it looks like they all were answered before I got through this whole thread! People have been busy today!
picking up tomorrow ! I’m super excited!!! Best of luck to you!
Hmm my SA only gave me two options: a photo copy of the check prior to delivery, or if the bank will be mailing the check, a photo of the check and copy of the tracking number. I'll have to give the bank a call to get more info.
Thanks for your help and good luck to you too!

Quick question for those who have recently taken delivery. My delivery date was pushed up again recently to 9/10-10/8. What has been the typical amount of time between getting a VIN and taking delivery? I have seen on this forum that in the past the amount of time had ranged from a couple days, or less, and multiple weeks. Just curious to see how long I will have to coordinate insurance/trade in/making sure I am available to actually go and get the car.

Quick question for those who have recently taken delivery. My delivery date was pushed up again recently to 9/10-10/8. What has been the typical amount of time between getting a VIN and taking delivery? I have seen on this forum that in the past the amount of time had ranged from a couple days, or less, and multiple weeks. Just curious to see how long I will have to coordinate insurance/trade in/making sure I am available to actually go and get the car.
Asking here will not help......seems like things are all over the place.

If you are asking on a VIN.....shortly the SA will reach out for a delivery date.

Dates fluctuate so be flexible.

What was your OD and your configuration?

You might want to put that in your signature.....you can always delete it after delivery. Several of us are just taking delivery for March orders so be patient.

You can also watch in the M3P forum as well:

Last edited:
Asking here will not help......seems like things are all over the place.

If you are asking on a VIN.....shortly the SA will reach out for a delivery date.

Dates fluctuate so be flexible.

What was your OD and your configuration?

You might want to put that in your signature.....you can always delete it after delivery. Several of us are just taking delivery for March orders so be patient.
thanks, makes sense. I ordered a M3LR, all black with aero wheels. OD is June 22 and I had an original est delivery date of 10/12-11/23. However, I am strongly considering changing to a M3P but worried about ride quality and cold weather/winter weather performance on those tires. Obviously getting winter tires would solve that, but thats just another cost on top of the M3P. I plan on getting the acceleration boost if I stick with the M3LR and wondering if, at that point, the M3P would give any real additional benefit other than the visuals. at this point i am just rambling, but any insight/opinions would be greatly appreciated.