Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, in the same waiting room for my M3LR as everyone. Sharing my experience so far.

Config:
M3LR
Black
Aero wheels
Black interior

OD 06/02
1EDD: Sept-Dec
2EDD: July 4 - Aug 1
3EDD: Sept 2 - Oct 14
4EDD: Aug 13-27
5EDD: Sept 1-29
6EDD: Sept 4-18

I am in the South Texas region by Starbase (lol)

Any thoughts, anyone on the same boat as me?
Hello,

We have the same Config, and the same exact EDD. Only difference is my OD is 06/07
and I'm in Illinois! patiently waiting for that Vin text!

While it's just human nature to find patterns (Look at that cloud! It looks like a turtle!), I can tell you that any pattern that you think you see in Tesla deliveries, EDDs, and upgraded configurations is likely not a pattern. Let's use my order as an example:

My order date is 06-April. M3LR, Blue/Black, 19" wheels, EAP. Delivery: Indianapolis. All tasks completed.

First, the idea that "upgrades" from the base model (color, wheels, interior, EAP/FSD) speed up delivery? Not true. I'm still waiting.

I've had three two-week windows so far:
  • Mid-June. Got a week into that one before being pushed to Sept-Oct
  • Mid-August. Got three days into that window before being pushed back to Late August-Early September.
  • Currently about a week from my third two-week window of Late August-Early September.
That trade in text or call? I got mine on 06-June. It indicates nothing other than Tesla would like to buy your old car cheap and sell it for more.

The idea that your advisor has access to more data than you do? Perhaps they do, but you don't think that info changes when your EDD changes? It does. Their data comes from the same manufacturing scheduling system that your EDD comes from.

While there are some very vague generalizations regarding the quarterly waves, you cannot really use those to predict when your car will be delivered. When you received a VIN and are asked to set a delivery date, then the end is in sight. Until then, enjoy the ride.

This public service announcement brought to you by day 135 with an EDD window of day 143 through day 157. Unless it slips again.

I would absolutely not buy a 3rd party CCS1 charging adapter but that's just me. It's one thing to buy 3rd party cup holders and floor mats but for something that is integral to the HV battery I'm sticking with oem only.
Agreed. I did buy a real Tesla OEM CCS1 adapter from Harumio for $309 a little over a month ago. It came in the original Tesla box and fits my Tesla wall charger connector. Haven't had a chance to connect to a non-Tesla charger yet. It was discussed a bit in this forum a couple of months ago.

While it's just human nature to find patterns (Look at that cloud! It looks like a turtle!), I can tell you that any pattern that you think you see in Tesla deliveries, EDDs, and upgraded configurations is likely not a pattern. Let's use my order as an example:

My order date is 06-April. M3LR, Blue/Black, 19" wheels, EAP. Delivery: Indianapolis. All tasks completed.

First, the idea that "upgrades" from the base model (color, wheels, interior, EAP/FSD) speed up delivery? Not true. I'm still waiting.

• Mid-August. Got three days into that window before being pushed back to Late August-Early September.
  • Currently about a week from my third two-week window of Late August-Early September.
That trade in text or call? I got mine on 06-June. It indicates nothing other than Tesla would like to buy your old car cheap and sell it for more.

The idea that your advisor has access to more data than you do? Perhaps they do, but you don't think that info changes when your EDD changes? It does. Their data comes from the same manufacturing scheduling system that your EDD comes from.

While there are some very vague generalizations regarding the quarterly waves, you cannot really use those to predict when your car will be delivered. When you received a VIN and are asked to set a delivery date, then the end is in sight. Until then, enjoy the ride.

This public service announcement brought to you by day 135 with an EDD window of day 143 through day 157. Unless it slips again.

That is an older order date without a vin for sure. I feel for you, I really do. Blue with EAP is a very nice combo btw! Keep us updated with your progress whenever that may be.

You know one thing I've noticed with orders like yours and mine ( and others) that are very old is they tend to have EAP/FSD. Like your post says not sure if it really is a pattern and also not sure why it would be the case but I have seen that multiple times.

I think your post was very spot on. Looking at chorts and trying to see where your orders fits in might tell you a little information but it's not gonna be a end all. Also I think people need to also be aware that they can only compare EDDs with others with same configuration and in very close geographic proximity

Reactions: HeatherW22
That is an older order date without a vin for sure. I feel for you, I really do. Blue with EAP is a very nice combo btw! Keep us updated with your progress whenever that may be.

I wasn't looking for sympathy, but rather as a caution to others asking questions like "how long after I get window X do I get a VIN" and so forth. Those aren't questions that have answers. -- just guesses and wishes. As exciting and sometimes depressing as EDD changes are, they can't be used as a way to predict the next event (e.g. two-week window + X days = VIN!) Everyone's wait is uniquely their own.

This is my second M3LR, and this order has been nothing like the first. That's just the way ordering from Tesla goes.

Reactions: gators918 and ZZ118