Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I think people need to also be aware that they can only compare EDDs with others with same configuration and in very close geographic proximity
When you received a VIN and are asked to set a delivery date, then the end is in sight.
Excellent advice each time, but I think the bigger issue is that people are here for the emotional support. I came here to understand the delivery process, and have stuck around to try to help others understand it, but in the end I think people really just want to know that others are waiting like they are, enduring the same aggravations, disappointments and experiencing the same thrills.

One thing that was said is that there's no difference in "upgraded" versus "base" vehicles. It's certainly not the month difference that the order page suggests, but when I calculated the "time to VIN" in Q2 from the order survey spreadsheet it was 10 days difference. That's not a huge statistical difference, but it's there. So far this quarter the difference is only 6 days. In the order spreadsheet, there are 215 base orders and 308 upgraded orders that have received VINs this quarter. Take those self-selecting numbers for whatever they're worth, but they suggest that even with a larger number of upgraded vehicles, Tesla is building them faster than the base vehicles.

Excellent advice each time, but I think the bigger issue is that people are here for the emotional support. I came here to understand the delivery process, and have stuck around to try to help others understand it, but in the end I think people really just want to know that others are waiting like they are, enduring the same aggravations, disappointments and experiencing the same thrills.

One thing that was said is that there's no difference in "upgraded" versus "base" vehicles. It's certainly not the month difference that the order page suggests, but when I calculated the "time to VIN" in Q2 from the order survey spreadsheet it was 10 days difference. That's not a huge statistical difference, but it's there. So far this quarter the difference is only 6 days. In the order spreadsheet, there are 215 base orders and 308 upgraded orders that have received VINs this quarter. Take those self-selecting numbers for whatever they're worth, but they suggest that even with a larger number of upgraded vehicles, Tesla is building them faster than the base vehicles.
i definitely come here to know that i am not suffering alone! haha

I know I need all the support I can get lol

Still waiting on my M3LR ( Red/Black, Aero Wheels )

Initially ordered on 5/5. The EDD changed like over 10 times. 8/1 my EDD was shrink to 2 weeks and scheduled for 8/13 to 8/27. On 8/11 it was push to September with a 5 weeks window. The new EDD is between 9/10 and 10/15 :rolleyes:.Anyone in a similar situation ? I see a lot of people who has placed their orders in June are getting their VIN.
I had aug 5-19 2 week window and it got pushed to a 4 week in September and then back to 2 week aug 26-sept 9 and finally 2 days ago became a 5 day window with a vin

Stay strong, you should be getting some movement soon!

I hope so. I haven’t had any EDD update in 2 weeks 😵‍💫
When I was in my 5 week EDD time frame (sorry I didn't keep track of them all), I didn't have an updated EDD for well over a month. No change whatsoever. With an order date of 7/12, you're probably looking at a '23 delivery imho. I ordered mid-May and I'm over 90 days. Should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks. So that's over 100 days and it's been a super smooth process, no big jumps in any direction.
From mid-May to mid-July, I believe there was an astronomical spike in orders due to sky high gas prices. I started considering my first EV in the beginning of March but didn't decide to order until two months later. Would have been nice to have it sooner, but it's all good. Combined with the future tax credit situation, the order book was just too huge and they had shut it down on the LR side.
My advice after almost being all the way through the process; don't check the app, as often. Even though it's tough not to look, you'll just get more and more frustrated with the lack of an update. Get comfy my friend. Your in for a long ride!
SIDE NOTE: I remember reading somewhere on this forum that your first EDD is most likely your most accurate. That was definitely NOT the case for me. My first EDD from the day after I ordered, saved with a screenshot, was December 12 - February 6. I didn't bother saving the other EDD dates. I currently have my VIN and my vehicle has left the factory en route to delivery center. So don't be too hung up on your first EDD, it may be way, way off like it was for me.

When I was in my 5 week EDD time frame (sorry I didn't keep track of them all), I didn't have an updated EDD for well over a month. No change whatsoever. With an order date of 7/12, you're probably looking at a '23 delivery imho. I ordered mid-May and I'm over 90 days. Should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks. So that's over 100 days and it's been a super smooth process, no big jumps in any direction.
From mid-May to mid-July, I believe there was an astronomical spike in orders due to sky high gas prices. I started considering my first EV in the beginning of March but didn't decide to order until two months later. Would have been nice to have it sooner, but it's all good. Combined with the future tax credit situation, the order book was just too huge and they had shut it down on the LR side.
My advice after almost being all the way through the process; don't check the app, as often. Even though it's tough not to look, you'll just get more and more frustrated with the lack of an update. Get comfy my friend. Your in for a long ride!
SIDE NOTE: I remember reading somewhere on this forum that your first EDD is most likely your most accurate. That was definitely NOT the case for me. My first EDD from the day after I ordered, saved with a screenshot, was December 12 - February 6. I didn't bother saving the other EDD dates. I currently have my VIN and my vehicle has left the factory en route to delivery center. So don't be too hung up on your first EDD, it may be way, way off like it was for me.
I definitely try not to but hard to not look lol. My original EDD was November-December I believe. If my delivery ends up in 2023 that would be about 150 days then. I hope not but expecting the worst

Reactions: HeatherW22
I remember reading somewhere on this forum that your first EDD is most likely your most accurate. That was definitely NOT the case for me.
Thus "most likely". There are plenty of times when somebody was hit with a surprise from Tesla, but those vehicles were refusals that were redirected to someone local. That could cause someone with a much later order date to suddenly see a vehicle.

That said, I'm getting the sense that the rules are changing now that they've closed orders. I think they're trying to fill the remaining orders quickly. They'll still produce, ship and deliver cars as they have, but the volume is lower now and I think the sequence of order fulfillment will get interesting. Some of the July orders being filled before remaining April orders is a sign of this. I may be wrong and more people are just refusing vehicles for tax-credit-related reasons (or inflation-related budget reasons), but Elon's tweet has convinced me that he was talking about the excessive Model Y backlog and Tesla is closing out Model 3 Long Range orders so they can finish up the remaining orders and switch the Model 3 Long Range lines to Model Y Long Range production.

I saw an interesting image online of the Austin plant stockpiling gigacastings. I wonder if they're trying to get ready for Fremont to build the gigacasting version of the Model Y without having any gigapresses at Fremont.

Reactions: jpaychek and Cho22
Wow that's really grimy imo. So I pay 70k for a car and they can't give me a 2$ piece of plastic. This is a very concerning trend from Tesla. Since waiting for my car they keep taking away things without adding. Just hoping when mine comes it still has 4 wheels included.
Well I picked up mine on Aug 11. Mine still had all the good stuff. Chrome license plate holders, mobile connector. Maybe yours will have it too.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and guerro
Thus "most likely". There are plenty of times when somebody was hit with a surprise from Tesla, but those vehicles were refusals that were redirected to someone local. That could cause someone with a much later order date to suddenly see a vehicle.

That said, I'm getting the sense that the rules are changing now that they've closed orders. I think they're trying to fill the remaining orders quickly. They'll still produce, ship and deliver cars as they have, but the volume is lower now and I think the sequence of order fulfillment will get interesting. Some of the July orders being filled before remaining April orders is a sign of this. I may be wrong and more people are just refusing vehicles for tax-credit-related reasons (or inflation-related budget reasons), but Elon's tweet has convinced me that he was talking about the excessive Model Y backlog and Tesla is closing out Model 3 Long Range orders so they can finish up the remaining orders and switch the Model 3 Long Range lines to Model Y Long Range production.

I saw an interesting image online of the Austin plant stockpiling gigacastings. I wonder if they're trying to get ready for Fremont to build the gigacasting version of the Model Y without having any gigapresses at Fremont.
I didn't mean to confuse, I wasn't referencing EDD adjustments from refusals or anything. Just pointing out my original EDD was way off from just after ordering to when I'm actually going to take delivery and my car is en-route (non-refusal).

Reactions: JB47394
So the last two days have been a bit of a rollercoaster. If you currently usa Alfa insurance, pay attention.
So after receiving my vin (yay!) I call Alfa (they have been our home and auto insurer for almost 15 years) to add the Tesla, only to find out they don’t insure Teslas……yeah, my reaction as well. So now the incredibly fun job of shopping insurance insues. Long story short, we are switching everything to State Farm, and we will be saving about $600 a year. Just a note, with our good driving records, excellent credit, etc. we are only paying a little over $80 a month for the model 3. And that’s with $0 deductible comprehensive and $250 collision.

So, moral of the story, if you haven’t already done so, check with your current insurance company, and don’t be afraid to shop around.

P.s. Alfa did come back and said they would make an exception and insure our Tesla….for $190 a month, with $1000 deductibles. 🤦‍♂️