Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering apparently tesla is no longer including license plate frames with the cars. Has anyone seen this yet?
Yes - any build after August 6th will not have a chrome license plate frame included with purchase. I don't plan on receiving one and found another I like better anyway. Tesla claims it is part of their strategy to move away from chrome. However, no substitute was offered in it's place. Clearly a cost savings move to reduce features/options even more, which I am not a fan of, especially since these are expensive cars. You can still buy it on Tesla's website for $50 bucks if you still really want it.

While it's just human nature to find patterns (Look at that cloud! It looks like a turtle!), I can tell you that any pattern that you think you see in Tesla deliveries, EDDs, and upgraded configurations is likely not a pattern. Let's use my order as an example:

My order date is 06-April. M3LR, Blue/Black, 19" wheels, EAP. Delivery: Indianapolis. All tasks completed.

First, the idea that "upgrades" from the base model (color, wheels, interior, EAP/FSD) speed up delivery? Not true. I'm still waiting.

I've had three two-week windows so far:
  • Mid-June. Got a week into that one before being pushed to Sept-Oct
  • Mid-August. Got three days into that window before being pushed back to Late August-Early September.
  • Currently about a week from my third two-week window of Late August-Early September.
That trade in text or call? I got mine on 06-June. It indicates nothing other than Tesla would like to buy your old car cheap and sell it for more.

The idea that your advisor has access to more data than you do? Perhaps they do, but you don't think that info changes when your EDD changes? It does. Their data comes from the same manufacturing scheduling system that your EDD comes from.

While there are some very vague generalizations regarding the quarterly waves, you cannot really use those to predict when your car will be delivered. When you received a VIN and are asked to set a delivery date, then the end is in sight. Until then, enjoy the ride.

This public service announcement brought to you by day 135 with an EDD window of day 143 through day 157. Unless it slips again.
Just curious, do you know of any service related issues related to other customers receiving their new delivery in your specific area? I.e. are others experiencing delays as well? What was their timeline like for the people who actually received their car? Your situation almost sounds like issues in delivery logistics to me, rather than production related. If you get an older VIN number, you'll know this was the case and your car has been sitting. If not, then it was delayed and rescheduled in production, but I can't figure why that would be with an April order date. Obviously certain areas of the country are still experiencing trucking related issues more than others. You might be just outside of an established freight lane. There just might not be a lot of carriers running cars into your area and that's why they have to keep rescheduling it. Just a thought. Hope you do take delivery a lot sooner than later.

Still waiting on my M3LR ( Red/Black, Aero Wheels )

Initially ordered on 5/5. The EDD changed like over 10 times. 8/1 my EDD was shrink to 2 weeks and scheduled for 8/13 to 8/27. On 8/11 it was push to September with a 5 weeks window. The new EDD is between 9/10 and 10/15 :rolleyes:.Anyone in a similar situation ? I see a lot of people who has placed their orders in June are getting their VIN.

Yes - any build after August 6th will not have a chrome license plate frame included with purchase. I don't plan on receiving one and found another I like better anyway. Tesla claims it is part of their strategy to move away from chrome. However, no substitute was offered in it's place. Clearly a cost savings move to reduce features/options even more, which I am not a fan of, especially since these are expensive cars. You can still buy it on Tesla's website for $50 bucks if you still really want it.
Wow that's really grimy imo. So I pay 70k for a car and they can't give me a 2$ piece of plastic. This is a very concerning trend from Tesla. Since waiting for my car they keep taking away things without adding. Just hoping when mine comes it still has 4 wheels included.

Reactions: ZZ118
Still waiting on my M3LR ( Red/Black, Aero Wheels )

Initially ordered on 5/5. The EDD changed like over 10 times. 8/1 my EDD was shrink to 2 weeks and scheduled for 8/13 to 8/27. On 8/11 it was push to September with a 5 weeks window. The new EDD is between 9/10 and 10/15 :rolleyes:.Anyone in a similar situation ? I see a lot of people who has placed their orders in June are getting their VIN.
I have the same physical config, but with OD of 7/5. New EDD is 9/17-10/15. East coast delivery.

Reactions: HeatherW22
I have the same physical config, but with OD of 7/5. New EDD is 9/17-10/15. East coast delivery.
For some reason I see the EAST coast getting the faster delivery than the west....I hope its not pushed further. I tried calling tesla customer care to inquire...they have an infinite wait...and after a while its a blank call. I have ordered online so I do not have any SA as well who can assist

Reactions: guerro
For some reason I see the EAST coast getting the faster delivery than the west....I hope its not pushed further. I tried calling tesla customer care to inquire...they have an infinite wait...and after a while its a blank call. I have ordered online so I do not have any SA as well who can assist
Usually west coast will see increased delivery in EOQ push.

As has been said before, West coast deliveries ramp up the month the quarter ends (Q3 - September) because they can deliver much higher volume in shorter time frame to increase their quarterly productivity figures.