Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking that but is that gonna screw up my edd more? lol
pretty sure i read somewhere that changing EAP or FSD will not affect your EDD because its software not hardware. If you think about it, it makes sense because all tesla has to do is upload it onto your car. Only reason why other options affect your EDD is because some parts are more readily available to manufacture

pretty sure i read somewhere that changing EAP or FSD will not affect your EDD because its software not hardware. If you think about it, it makes sense because all tesla has to do is upload it onto your car. Only reason why other options affect your EDD is because some parts are more readily available to manufacture
I agree that it should not affect things because it's software. The twist here is that EAP is new, and it was introduced after his order. I'm a software engineer and I can see somebody missing an edge case here. This could be a bug. Or it could just be the luck of the draw.

I looked at the order spreadsheet for black/black/18 orders. There are two other orders around his timeframe that are unfilled. But the problem with the order spreadsheet is that we can't know if the blank lines in the spreadsheet are a result of Tesla or of the person simply not filling them in. In contrast, there are three orders after his that were marked as delivered and their VINs arrived in sequence by order date (as you'd expect), with the most recent being ordered on 16 May. One of them even went to his home state of New York.

It doesn't make sense that he doesn't have a VIN given that software shouldn't affect the process.

Is anyone reading this also waiting on an order from April? Perhaps I'm just overreacting to so many orders from May being filled.

Reactions: ZZ118 and Cho22
My OD was roughly a week after you on 7/9/22. My EDD last week went from 8/24-9/4 to Jan23-Apr23. Got a new EDD today that shows 9/8-9/21. Still no VIN,. so I expect my EDD will change again. M3LR, White/Black, Aero, No FSD. I'm in the Boston, MA area.
You're the closest to my OD and config I've seen yet. But Im still stuck on that Jan23-Apr23 ughh lol.. You're east coast though, im West

ZZ118 said:
The problem is is that this is my 4th 2 week. Everytime I get 5 days away from the edd it jumps out 2 more weeks. I'm not trying to be a pushy customer but I think I deserve some answers since clearly something is up with my order.

Your delivery window is shrinking for Sept, for East coast orders. If you dont receive a VIN in the next 14 days, you may have to wait until November at the earliest. Tesla will prioritize deliveries in Sept for the West coast, then deliveries for EU in Oct, then East coast in Nov

I believe you have a stuck order from the behavior of the EDD.

I agree that it should not affect things because it's software. The twist here is that EAP is new, and it was introduced after his order. I'm a software engineer and I can see somebody missing an edge case here. This could be a bug. Or it could just be the luck of the draw.

I looked at the order spreadsheet for black/black/18 orders. There are two other orders around his timeframe that are unfilled. But the problem with the order spreadsheet is that we can't know if the blank lines in the spreadsheet are a result of Tesla or of the person simply not filling them in. In contrast, there are three orders after his that were marked as delivered and their VINs arrived in sequence by order date (as you'd expect), with the most recent being ordered on 16 May. One of them even went to his home state of New York.

It doesn't make sense that he doesn't have a VIN given that software shouldn't affect the process.

Is anyone reading this also waiting on an order from April? Perhaps I'm just overreacting to so many orders from May being filled.
I appreciate you doing the research into this. I agree that I think the EAP is causing the issue and as you said idk if it's causing the system to not see my order properly. I'm going to go down to the Tesla store on Saturday and talk to someone in person and see if this can be sorted out.

Quick question cause I'm not as good at the spreadsheet as you... are there any delivered orders with EAP that you see?

Last edited:
Reactions: JB47394
ZZ118 said:
The problem is is that this is my 4th 2 week. Everytime I get 5 days away from the edd it jumps out 2 more weeks. I'm not trying to be a pushy customer but I think I deserve some answers since clearly something is up with my order.

Your delivery window is shrinking for Sept, for East coast orders. If you dont receive a VIN in the next 14 days, you may have to wait until November at the earliest. Tesla will prioritize deliveries in Sept for the West coast, then deliveries for EU in Oct, then East coast in Nov

I believe you have a stuck order from the behavior of the EDD.
I agree and I'm hoping it's not this worst case scenario

This was my reasoning to do it in the first place. But I think somewhere along the way my order became glitched or something

Reactions: Cho22
You're the closest to my OD and config I've seen yet. But Im still stuck on that Jan23-Apr23 ughh lol.. You're east coast though, im West
Good luck to you for a new EDD soon. I've had a couple EDDs of Jan23-Apr23, so I'm not convinced it won't happen again. My EDDs since my 7/9 OD have been: EDD1 on July 10th = 12/8/22-2/2/23, EDD2 on July 18th = 11/15/22-12/27/22, EDD3 on August 5th = Jan23-Apr23, EDD4 on August 10th = 8/24-9/4, EDD5 on August 17th = Jan23-Apr23(again!), and EDD6 on August 25th = 9/8-9/24

• Love
Reactions: Cho22
are there any delivered orders with EAP that you see?
Just one, and it took 38 days from order to delivery, so it was something unusual. But the earliest EAP order date is 31 May, so I wouldn't expect the EAP orders to be filled just yet. Tesla is really only up to about mid-May overall.

Something I should have checked from the start is the order date of recent VINs. There are definitely still people who are getting VINs that ordered in April. It's really strange seeing consecutive VIN dates with wildly different order dates. Last quarter wasn't like this. One guy in Arizona ordered on 16 April and got his VIN on 18 August.

So when all is said and done, there are other people in your situation who are still getting VINs. As before, I can't really look for people from April who haven't gotten a VIN because they might not have updated their information.

Reactions: ZZ118
Quick question on financing, I currently have cash selected in the app and will switch to financing when I receive my VIN (hopefully any day now). If my current delivery window holds up I might be on vacation right before pick up and if so I might need to do the finance application before I get back. Does anyone know what documents they might require just so I can have everything with me in case I need to do that?

Also separate question I've just thought of, does Tesla financing include the tax and all other fees or not? I'm planning on putting $25k down but want that to be including all taxes etc, so wasn't sure if that would be okay to put $25k down or if I'd need to subtract the tax and any fees from the order price and use that figure instead?
You should be able to see your current mvpa and it should include all the taxes. I know I was able to find it before I had my vin. From that you should be able to contact your bank and get pre-approved for a loan in the amount you want. My bank asked me what the total cost would be and how much I wanted to finance and then approved me for more than I needed. then when I got my vin I switched to financing, on the Tesla app changed my numbers to show what I was going to put down and the remaining portion was financed. Bank sent me a document to forward to Tesla and I was set. All that was left was at pick up to pay my deposit and Tesla sent all the documents to the bank and the loan was set up. Very easy. But just go ahead and set up your bank now so that that portion is done before your trip. And Tesla will finance everything just like a regular bank. Just tell them how much your deposit will be and that you want to finance the remainder.

So maybe everyone who is reporting that they receives a mobile adapter... really doesnt have the 14-50 adapter but the regular 5-15? I wonder if anyone who took delivery recently with an OD of May onwards can confirm.
I got the mobile connector. You will NOT have 14-50. The only thing you have is the wall connector, J1772, and plug connector for the slowest option to charge(5-15) standard 3 prong wall outlet. But it works! Just not the 14-50

Good luck to you for a new EDD soon. I've had a couple EDDs of Jan23-Apr23, so I'm not convinced it won't happen again. My EDDs since my 7/9 OD have been: EDD1 on July 10th = 12/8/22-2/2/23, EDD2 on July 18th = 11/15/22-12/27/22, EDD3 on August 5th = Jan23-Apr23, EDD4 on August 10th = 8/24-9/4, EDD5 on August 17th = Jan23-Apr23(again!), and EDD6 on August 25th = 9/8-9/24
They are really messing with your head lol.. on the bright side at least I’m getting a lot of accessories on the side delivered 😂 just got my aftermarket skid plate

1661485776977.jpeg