Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got to test drive the M3P today.

To me, the ride quality of the 20” uberturbines did not seem any worse than the 18” Aero wheels and the car was just as quiet and comfortable as the M3LR I test drove.

The acceleration…yeah it’s like a punch in the gut every time. You look at the speedo and you’re already at 75 mph. But I had a similar sensation in the M3LR and the difference in speed sensation between the M3P and M3LR was not so noticeable to warrant the added cost and overall expense of the M3P (more expensive tires, more frequent charging due to lower range). ‘

So I’m happy that I finally got to drive the M3P and now I won’t be running the “what if” in my head while I wait for my M3LR. Today’s test drive confirmed that the M3LR is the best value of the Model 3s.
Thanks for the info! Yeah those 20" wheels are such a dealbreaker for me. If they had the option to downgrade to 18" wheels, I probably would have pulled the trigger for the P. Potholes in SF is terrible and I would not enjoy having to repair bent wheels every other month.

Two hours of driving:
1. Arrived.
2. Found car in lot, inspected outside.
3. SA spotted me, opened car and left me fine comb it.

Flawless, except tiny bit of paint coagulate at the rear edge for roof, it is soft, will cut it off. Used
Adam's Garage LED paint inspection light, looked carefully under and knocked and pulled on every
panel, including weel wells.
Frunk lid hangs low by about 1mm under the bumper, nothing special.
Everything aligned, no rattles, feels like a tank on steroids, I abused it plenty in back lots and
some near empty roads.
Sound is great.
It is quiet as a vault compared to the old Model S.
Anytime I am at a loss about what to do the right button click with voice command saves me,
voice recognition even with my thick accent is amazing.

N.B. CHECK THE FRIGGIN APP EVERY MORNING, my delivery window showed up a day after
the window allegedly opened.

20220826_094544.jpg

Last edited:
I just got my VIN today and have home delivery set up for next Tuesday 8/30 in Chandler, AZ.

I ordered a white LR AWD with black interior and the sport wheels back on 5/25. Wasn't expecting to get it until October but the date kept inching closer.

We already have a blue Y LR AWD that we got 2 years ago for my wife. We've been sharing that vehicle and I'm excited to finally be getting my own vehicle again! I'm glad they have the home delivery option this time because the only delivery center was pretty far at the time. Since I already have a Y, I don't really need any help from them - I just need the vehicle!

My mobile charger I ordered back on 5/25 shipped a couple of days ago and was supposed to be delivered today, but seems to be "stuck in transit" in the UPS system somewhere. We'll see if and when it actually gets delivered.
I am in Chandler as well. I have home delivery for today between 12-4. See you on the streets neighbor!

Reactions: bacevedo
I was told the same thing when tesla center called me today to confirm everything. Told me basically if pick up at center you hand us the final check we unlock car and that’s it. Was told they are too busy for anything else. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I don't think so. They will either let me go through the car first, or I reject it and they can find someone else to take it.

Reactions: Andrometer4
My order updated this morning as well. New EDD is 8/31 – 9/14. I'm in the Bay Area so I wonder if it'll show up even sooner.
Kinda nervous because I'll be out of town for the Labor Day weekend. Was not expecting it before September.

May add in EAP now too.
Yeah the CA push is real lol.. everything is getting pushed so quick for us. I'm actually caught by surprise and tbh not even ready for delivery next month. hah

Reactions: Zane Liu
My order updated this morning as well. New EDD is 8/31 – 9/14. I'm in the Bay Area so I wonder if it'll show up even sooner.
Kinda nervous because I'll be out of town for the Labor Day weekend. Was not expecting it before September.

May add in EAP now too.
Crazy that you ordered several weeks after me but have a much sooner EDD. The more expensive paint colors really do speed up delivery times

Yeah the CA push is real lol.. everything is getting pushed so quick for us. I'm actually caught by surprise and tbh not even ready for delivery next month. hah
Yeah you also ordered a few weeks after me and have an EDD about the same as mine

Crazy that you ordered several weeks after me but have a much sooner EDD. The more expensive paint colors really do speed up delivery times

Yeah you also ordered a few weeks after me and have an EDD about the same as mine
I spoke to the SA. It's definitely the cost factor. But not so much that Tesla applies preference to more expensive orders but that they build a specific number of each build per quarter (regardless of orders) so you're more likely to get an expensive build. Just less demand.

That's a great question to ask your SA, but I would tend to doubt it because all the documents have already been worked up. Let us know how it goes.
Yea unfortunately they said they couldn't because the loan approval was only at the price of the car and couldn't increase it, etc. Maybe I'll try the FSD subscription for a month or 2 to see if the features I want in EAP are worth the $6k

Reactions: JB47394