Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the final payment did anyone wait for the day of to actually look at the car before doing that in app? I feel like I'd rather do my inspection first before submitting that.
Never pay until you inspect. I kept getting pushy texts to pay up in the app or risk delayed delivery, but I trusted my comrades here. Went with low expectations and was very pleasantly surprised, read above, Friday AM is dead season for deliveries in CMH apparently.

Reactions: sbmike and JB47394
GRADUATION DAY

Tesla brought me my T-Bone today. I know all of the connotations around the name T-Bone for a car but he told me that is the name he wants. He sort of sounded like George Costanza when he spoke to me.

Michelin tires
Matrix Headlights
Ryzen chip
CCS adapter enabled
No Mobile Connector :-( (Glad I bought one when I did)

This car is more than I need and more than I deserve. Body gaps and lines were perfect all the way around. If there was a gap, misalignment, issue anywhere I could not find it. Car was clean inside and out.

Tesla rep that dropped it off was very nice and knew everything about the car. He answered several questions and even provided answers to questions I had not yet thought about. He told me he would stay as long as I needed to help me. He waited until I told him I felt I no longer had questions or needed his help before ordering his Uber. Felt like he was no pressure. Overall, this buying experience has been light years ahead of even my best dealership experience. For those second guessing home delivery and if you are okay with a few extra miles, I say don't worry about it and do the home delivery.

I drove it to get lunch and the one-pedal driving took some getting used to but by the time I was making my return trip home, I had it down. The A/C worked very well. It is 104 outside today. Ride is smooth and soaked up bumps that my Focus ST and F250 used to jar my body.

Also, this car is going to get me into trouble. I cannot imagine what the Performance version of this car is like but this car is fast. I mean FAST!

Good luck to all those awaiting a car. I can't begin to thank all of you on this board for being so supportive to everyone and never getting noses bent out of shape over a comment or reply. This community is by far the best forum community I have ever been a part of. Speaks volumes.

1661548662092.png

GRADUATION DAY

Tesla brought me my T-Bone today. I know all of the connotations around the name T-Bone for a car but he told me that is the name he wants. He sort of sounded like George Costanza when he spoke to me.

Michelin tires
Matrix Headlights
Ryzen chip
CCS adapter enabled

This car is more than I need and more than I deserve. Body gaps and lines were perfect all the way around. If there was a gap, misalignment, issue anywhere I could not find it. Car was clean inside and out.

Tesla rep that dropped it off was very nice and knew everything about the car. He answered several questions and even provided answers to questions I had not yet thought about. He told me he would stay as long as I needed to help me. He waited until I told him I felt I no longer had questions or needed his help before ordering his Uber. Felt like he was no pressure. Overall, this buying experience has been light years ahead of even my best dealership experience. For those second guessing home delivery and if you are okay with a few extra miles, I say don't worry about it and do the home delivery.

I drove it to get lunch and the one-pedal driving took some getting used to but by the time I was making my return trip home, I had it down. The A/C worked very well. It is 104 outside today. Ride is smooth and soaked up bumps that my Focus ST and F250 used to jar my body.

Also, this car is going to get me into trouble. I cannot imagine what the Performance version of this car is like but this car is fast. I mean FAST!

Good luck to all those awaiting a car. I can't begin to thank all of you on this board for being so supportive to everyone and never getting noses bent out of shape over a comment or reply. This community is by far the best forum community I have ever been a part of. Speaks volumes.

View attachment 845587
Congrats!! This thing is amazing and i love hearing about everyone's individual stories when picking up. Stay safe and enjoy :)

Reactions: guerro and Fire0897
GRADUATION DAY

Michelin tires
Matrix Headlights
Ryzen chip
CCS adapter enabled

View attachment 845587
Congrats! I think this is the first report of no mobile connector though. I didn’t check for mine I just saw that there was a bag in the trunk and figured it was in there. I will have to check later.

I agree this car is fast and will likely get me into trouble!

I know it’s still a bit until my delivery date. But wondering for those picking up, did they automatically put on the front license plate? I’m debating on if I want to glue it on or do something like snap plate
I am in AZ where we do not have front plates. The front plate mount was in my trunk. It just uses double sided 3M trim tape so should be easy to remove if they install it.

Congrats! I think this is the first report of no mobile connector though. I didn’t check for mine I just saw that there was a bag in the trunk and figured it was in there. I will have to check later.

I agree this car is fast and will likely get me into trouble!
I am not sure if my car truly didn't come with a mobile connector or if the service center snagged it before delivering to me. Either way, I have a mobile connector that I purchased separately.

I am in AZ where we do not have front plates. The front plate mount was in my trunk. It just uses double sided 3M trim tape so should be easy to remove if they install it.
So about that. If you install the front plates with the double sided tape, there was alot of reports of where if you try to remove it, the tape will rip off the paint along with the plate. So essentially, if you put it on, it stays on. That is, unless you want to repaint your bumper lol

• Helpful
Reactions: phaheem and guerro
I know it’s still a bit until my delivery date. But wondering for those picking up, did they automatically put on the front license plate? I’m debating on if I want to glue it on or do something like snap plate
Texas requires a front plate, but thankfully, Tesla did NOT install it when I picked up my car. The front plate ruins the look of the car, not to mention the aerodynamics. I went with the Snap Plate and am very happy with it. I only install the front plate when driving the highways of Texas, the local police really don't care. Rather pricey, but I think it is worth it.