Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my blue 22 M3 LR yesterday. Looked great to my eyes! I’m sure someone who knows what to look for could find something, but I’m happy with it. The panel gaps on it are minimal, way better than the blue 20 MR SR+ I sold to buy this one.

The extra bass during listening was noticeable vs. the SR+. Also, love that they got rid of all the black plastic that showed fingerprints. The wireless phone charger is way improved too. Nice to have a close trunk button. The road noise is significantly improved vs. the old car, more like a luxury vehicle, whereas the road noise of the old was like an Accord or Civic. It makes way less noise when getting in and out and idling in the garage too. And finally, the quicker acceleration is super fun! Very happy overall with the upgrade.
Seems like they improved all the same issues I noticed in my SR+. Looking forward to the improvements in my M3LR

What part of the country? That's same config as mine with an order date 2 days after mine, so it makes me hopeful that my Jan - April 2023 might change.
I assume that you're looking at these forums on your phone. Try viewing in landscape and you should see more information about each person who is posting. Our locations are shown on the left under our "portrait". The signature is shown under the post, and everyone is encouraged to enter their order details there so that folks don't have to ask for it.

Also, when you see someone get a car apparently months earlier than they otherwise might, that's because somebody took delivery at their location who then either refused the car or simply couldn't accept it (financing fell through or some such thing). When that happens, Tesla doesn't send the car back to the factory to be assigned to the next person in the country. Instead, they just look at the next person who wants that car from that delivery location and offer it to them. It's a bit like winning the lottery. It happens, but don't expect somebody else's lottery win to affect your wait time.

Last edited:
Just got a text from my SA, my model 3 has officially left the factory and is in transit!
Haven't been this excited since I was a little kid.

OD: 6/07/2022
Vin: 8/27 346XXX
M3LR Blue/black, 18 Aero, No FSD

Illinois
You got an automated text from their system :)

Congrats btw! You will get the "time to schedule" delivery in coming week. The excitement is very real!

Go Team Blue!

I placed an order for my M3 LR in May and my delivery range was Aug 30 - Sep 5 when VIN was assigned Aug 24. Aug 25 I got a text to schedule my delivery date and the earliest was Sep 3 which I booked.

Does anyone have experience with their vehicle being ready earlier than the scheduled date? I haven’t been contacted by phone at all just the online scheduler. My wife and I’s anniversary is Sep 2nd so I’d love to have it for that

Reactions: guerro