Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup overall went pretty good today. I accepted delivery, but the car does have a few flaws. Here's my rundown of pros / cons

Pro's:
Matrix Headlights
Ryzen
Michelin
Front Plate bracket
and and and. A mobile charger in the trunk !! Was not expecting this, as my order was after cutoff by a few days, and car was built after the 12th of August.
No panel gap issues, no glass issues, no headliner issues

Con's
Several small paint issues ( maybe 7-10 total ) mostly little bumps on the trunk and hood mostly
Dime to quarter size over spay of clear on the frame near the door plate
Same interior fender paint issue that was posted before by @ColoradoMike except it's on both of my fenders. SA said this is " normal " but to report it on the service request for other paint issues.
Right fender camera not working. Didn't notice this one until a few hours after pickup, there is an error on screen for it
Car exterior was fairly clean, but interior was a little dusty, not a huge deal for me, just think their detail people could have done a slightly better job.

Again overall I am super happy with the car, but I'm guessing it will be going to the body / paint shop sometime soon to fix the paint issues, which I'm not
very thrilled with

View attachment 846051
Can we see a pic of the paint issue?

Reactions: TimeHater24
Hello Group!

I have an upcoming service appointment next week for paint corrections, air bubbles, dust nibs and steering wheel adjustment noise complaints. Mainly the front bumper has numerous numbers of air bubbles and dust nibs. After sending pictures to them, they have told me that the whole bumper will be replaced and it is in stock. I also have some in the hood which I am curious if they’re going to replace the hood or wet sanding it will do the fix. They have set me up for a loaner ( enterprise rental) for about a week. I am somehow wondering if that time frame is accurate. Also, would it be an option for me to ask for my Solid black color price ($1,500) back if they can’t get the issues fixed? Live with some dust nibs and get the full paint money back? I just want to hear from you guys for any advice. Thanks Group.

22 M3 LR Solid Black 19” V2 sport wheel

Attachments

• 781FEB08-68D3-40D7-B47C-5516D73789C0.jpeg
    781FEB08-68D3-40D7-B47C-5516D73789C0.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 105
  • AAA3B0A3-6E40-4B4D-ACE7-C441A42274AD.jpeg
    AAA3B0A3-6E40-4B4D-ACE7-C441A42274AD.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 74
  • C302EBF1-5E1E-4500-A7B8-0C0A6070DC16.jpeg
    C302EBF1-5E1E-4500-A7B8-0C0A6070DC16.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 9876F6B6-0799-42FF-BB77-9E2AA4DAF3D8.jpeg
    9876F6B6-0799-42FF-BB77-9E2AA4DAF3D8.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 74
  • BDC2B7BB-F7B3-488A-AD14-0F91DF024B78.jpeg
    BDC2B7BB-F7B3-488A-AD14-0F91DF024B78.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: ColoradoMike
A mobile charger in the trunk !!
For those curious, his VIN is a 334xxx. From what I've seen, I think 340xxx is the cutoff for mobile connectors. If anyone has been paying close attention to that, please chime in.
How does that happen getting the car that fast other than pure luck?!
A bunch of cars were delivered to your New Jersey location based on prior orders. One of those cars had a silver exterior, 18" wheels and black interior because that's the way somebody ordered it. The car reached the New Jersey site only to discover that the buyer either couldn't or wouldn't accept the car. Now Tesla has a car on its hands for which it really wants to find a buyer. They look at other people at the New Jersey location that want to buy that same configuration and lo and behold your wife's order is next on the list. So they contact your wife and tell her that she has a VIN and it's all ready for a quick delivery - because the car was already at the delivery location.

Then it's a question of why that car came available. Perhaps the person who ordered it had their financing fall through. Perhaps they were out of town and couldn't work out a way for somebody else to pick it up. Perhaps they're fed up with Tesla removing stuff and found there was no mobile connector. But there's also the possibility that the person who ordered it was unhappy with the build quality. So be prepared to look over the vehicle carefully. The person who ordered it may have refused it because there was a 1 micron misalignment of one panel. Or they may have refused it because the steering wheel was missing. Just be prepared to give it a good look-over.

For those curious, his VIN is a 334xxx. From what I've seen, I think 340xxx is the cutoff for mobile connectors. If anyone has been paying close attention to that, please chime in.
I see a 338 with no mobile connector here:

Hello Group!

I have an upcoming service appointment next week for paint corrections, air bubbles, dust nibs and steering wheel adjustment noise complaints. Mainly the front bumper has numerous numbers of air bubbles and dust nibs. After sending pictures to them, they have told me that the whole bumper will be replaced and it is in stock. I also have some in the hood which I am curious if they’re going to replace the hood or wet sanding it will do the fix. They have set me up for a loaner ( enterprise rental) for about a week. I am somehow wondering if that time frame is accurate. Also, would it be an option for me to ask for my Solid black color price ($1,500) back if they can’t get the issues fixed? Live with some dust nibs and get the full paint money back? I just want to hear from you guys for any advice. Thanks Group.

22 M3 LR Solid Black 19” V2 sport wheel
It never hurts to ask, but I seriously doubt they will refund the paint money. Black should be really easy for them to match so I think you will be happy once they correct those issues.

EDD12 Updated today (08/28). Push back to 2 weeks window again :)

M3LR Deep Blue Metallic / 19" Sport Wheels / Black and White Premium Interior / No FSD / SoCal

OD 5/23/22 EDD1
Aug-Nov l EDD2 Sep-Dec l EDD3 Aug-Nov l EDD4 08/14-08/28 / EDD5 08/15-08/28 / EDD6 (08/16) 08/19-08/29 / EDD7 (08/20) 08/23-09/05 / EDD8 (08/24) 08/27-09/05 | EDD9 (8/24) 08/27-08/31 w/ Vin 342xxx | EDD10 (8/25) 08/27 pick-up at Carlsbad, CA | EDD11 (8/27) 8/27-8/31 | EDD12 (8/28) 9/1-9/18 :)

Reactions: guerro
So I just removed EAP and got a new order agreement and it now says 4/23/22 again instead of 6/24/22 (when I ordered EAP) so they were wrong when they told me a few days ago they couldn't change it. I'm glad I got rid of EAP. To the new guys who still have it carefully weight your options. Right now it seems like these EAP orders are not being processed right.
Wow, hmm making me consider adding it only when I’m at the very end of the EDD when a vin has been provided but pre financing.

Reactions: ZZ118
Same interior fender paint issue that was posted before by @ColoradoMike except it's on both of my fenders. SA said this is " normal " but to report it on the service request for other paint issues.
Congrats on the delivery! Unfortunately, I think that interior fender paint issue is "normal" (really abnormal, but everybody likely will get it that way). That was one of the very first things I looked for, and mine was like that too. Let us know if they actually fix that one for you.

A bunch of cars were delivered to your New Jersey location based on prior orders. One of those cars had a silver exterior, 18" wheels and black interior because that's the way somebody ordered it. The car reached the New Jersey site only to discover that the buyer either couldn't or wouldn't accept the car. Now Tesla has a car on its hands for which it really wants to find a buyer. They look at other people at the New Jersey location that want to buy that same configuration and lo and behold your wife's order is next on the list. So they contact your wife and tell her that she has a VIN and it's all ready for a quick delivery - because the car was already at the delivery location.

Then it's a question of why that car came available. Perhaps the person who ordered it had their financing fall through. Perhaps they were out of town and couldn't work out a way for somebody else to pick it up. Perhaps they're fed up with Tesla removing stuff and found there was no mobile connector. But there's also the possibility that the person who ordered it was unhappy with the build quality. So be prepared to look over the vehicle carefully. The person who ordered it may have refused it because there was a 1 micron misalignment of one panel. Or they may have refused it because the steering wheel was missing. Just be prepared to give it a good look-over.
I’m VIN 338 and had no mobile connector. They told me at the service center the final build date (not vin date) for them was 8/15

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and Cho22