Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDD12 Updated today (08/28). Push back to 2 weeks window again :)

M3LR Deep Blue Metallic / 19" Sport Wheels / Black and White Premium Interior / No FSD / SoCal

OD 5/23/22 EDD1
Aug-Nov l EDD2 Sep-Dec l EDD3 Aug-Nov l EDD4 08/14-08/28 / EDD5 08/15-08/28 / EDD6 (08/16) 08/19-08/29 / EDD7 (08/20) 08/23-09/05 / EDD8 (08/24) 08/27-09/05 | EDD9 (8/24) 08/27-08/31 w/ Vin 342xxx | EDD10 (8/25) 08/27 pick-up at Carlsbad, CA | EDD11 (8/27) 8/27-8/31 | EDD12 (8/28) 9/1-9/18 :)
New VIN assigned 346xxx

Submitted my insurance already, will tesla confirm it or should I assume its good?
You just need to upload a document showing you have insurance on ANY vehicle, it doesn't have to be the Tesla. I think you could even upload a blank PDF as I don't think any human actually verifies it. I brought my insurance proof with me to delivery, but they never asked to see it. I haven't even activated my insurance on Tesla yet with Geico, as they have a 30 day grace period. I should probably do that today. I believe most major insurance companies have the 30 day grace period.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZZ118
This has been a crazy ride ( and its not over yet) I have learned so much here since starting and I'm very thankful I found this forum and all the great people on it. Everyone here has a great attitude, is very supportive, really glad to have spent my time in this "waiting room"

Also for any wondering my VIN is 350xxx, I ordered a license plate holder on amazon :/. I am eligible for the charger but will likely get the promo code so I will post an update for that.

I've also now updated the spreadsheet ;)
Which license plate holder did you buy?

@ZZ118

Long time lurker, first time poster today because I'm looking for any help on this topic. I placed a deposit months ago with expected monthly lease cost of $650 and down-payment of $5,800. This week I was notified I can schedule my delivery but the lease cost increased to $715 monthly with down-payment of $6900. I haven't changed my order. Feels like a bait and switch. Is this common?

Long time lurker, first time poster today because I'm looking for any help on this topic. I placed a deposit months ago with expected monthly lease cost of $650 and down-payment of $5,800. This week I was notified I can schedule my delivery but the lease cost increased to $715 monthly with down-payment of $6900. I haven't changed my order. Feels like a bait and switch. Is this common?
The estimator on the website is just the base cost of the vehicle, i believe this happens at the dealers too- your actual cost probably includes things like registration, applicable taxes, etc which can add up quickly.

whats your order date?
Order date was 7/27/22

M3LR | Blue/Black | Aero | No FSD/EAP
EDD1: Dec - Feb
EDD2: Sept 14th - Sept 28
EDD3: Sept 12th - Sept 16th
(will add all to sig once I'm allowed)

I'm in NYC

Was really surprised to see the jump from EDD1 to EDD2. Need to go back on this thread but wonder how common a delivery date jump that big is.

This looks like a great community, really looking forward to making this a big part of my Tesla ownership.

Oh and the baby and Tesla arriving on the same week are both my first :)

Order date was 7/27/22

I'm in NYC

Was really surprised to see the jump from EDD1 to EDD2. Need to go back on this thread but wonder how common a delivery date jump that big is.

This looks like a great community, really looking forward to making this a big part of my Tesla ownership.

Oh and the baby and Tesla arriving on the same week are both my first :)
A 4 day edd? So you have a vin then?

Reactions: Fire0897
Yeah the lease calculator on Tesla’s website is just an estimate, it even disclaims that it does not include taxes and fees.
The estimator on the website is just the base cost of the vehicle, i believe this happens at the dealers too- your actual cost probably includes things like registration, applicable taxes, etc which can add up quickly.
Exactly this ^
Order date was 7/27/22

That’s crazy fast - I ordered more than two months before you and I’m still in a four week window

I don't know why Tesla would hand out 2023 EDDs because it's just not going to happen. The time to VIN has been averaging 90 days ever since they got through the March/April order rush. With Long Range orders closed as of August 12, that 90 day number means that they'd be finished with production around November 12 and have everything delivered before December.

To be fair, some orders are taking much longer, but they're atypical and I think they're mostly just a result of production glitches or planning artifacts. Tesla is going to want to finish up production cleanly, so I don't expect stragglers beyond a certain point. Well, assuming that Fremont doesn't switch over to export in support of Berlin or Shanghai. I just don't think that's where Tesla would go with Fremont production.

I don't know why Tesla would hand out 2023 EDDs because it's just not going to happen. The time to VIN has been averaging 90 days ever since they got through the March/April order rush. With Long Range orders closed as of August 12, that 90 day number means that they'd be finished with production around November 12 and have everything delivered before December.

To be fair, some orders are taking much longer, but they're atypical and I think they're mostly just a result of production glitches or planning artifacts. Tesla is going to want to finish up production cleanly, so I don't expect stragglers beyond a certain point. Well, assuming that Fremont doesn't switch over to export in support of Berlin or Shanghai. I just don't think that's where Tesla would go with Fremont production.
Ohhhhh how I hope you are right! my EDD is Jan 23 - Apr 23 and I ordered on 7-1.

I hope your right.

The constant edd date going back to Jan- April is frustrating. I know there’s supposed to be a wait but I’m worried about it falling on a period where I have a busy schedule that I can’t rearrange since it seems like they only give you three days to pick from for delivery.

I hope your right.

The constant edd date going back to Jan- April is frustrating. I know there’s supposed to be a wait but I’m worried about it falling on a period where I have a busy schedule that I can’t rearrange since it seems like they only give you three days to pick from for delivery.
I had 2 different EDD windows that jumped from "normal" dates to Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.....the last time it jumped from that 3 month window straight to a 2 week window. A few days after the 2 week window, I went to a 1 week window.....a couple days later I had my VIN and a 3 day window.

Point being, I don't think the 3 month windows we're seeing are accurate. I know it's not easy but try to stay positive.

Reactions: Cho22
Ohhhhh how I hope you are right! my EDD is Jan 23 - Apr 23 and I ordered on 7-1.

I hope your right.

Your EDDs will eventually change to a sooner date 100%. It happened to me and my OD was 7/12 and was stuck on EDD Jan 23-Apr 23 for almost a month. I’m seeing a lot of people receive their VINs lately and it’s very likely tesla is pushing Q3 end shipments

Your EDDs will eventually change to a sooner date 100%. It happened to me and my OD was 7/12 and was stuck on EDD Jan 23-Apr 23 for almost a month. I’m seeing a lot of people receive their VINs lately and it’s very likely tesla is pushing Q3 end shipments
Yeah mine was stuck on Jan-April for a long time, went to a 4 week window for a week and is now back to Jan- April. I wonder if this is their placeholder for constant shuffling of logistics.

Reactions: Aellinsar and Cho22
Status
Not open for further replies.