Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to get sappy I know its a car not a person but I've had it for 15 years and just wanted a proper sendoff.
I know how you feel. I've had my trusty 2004 Pontiac Vibe for 18.5 years. It's still in great condition and only 83K miles. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with parting with it even though I have no use for it anymore. When I bought it, I still had lots of hair, not so much anymore.

• Love
Reactions: ZZ118
Mine was 9/9-9-15, and on 9/6 I was able to schedule for 9/14 delivery. They're probably just waiting for your car to get closer before they let you schedule. My car still isn't in the city but it should be in the next few days they said. I can see why some SCs wouldn't want to be in the situation of offering delivery without the car there yet, so I'm sure it varies.
The SA said the car hasn’t been delivered. I am not sure why it was shifted from 9/16~ to 9/12~ 😅

It seems to be getting it to the lot that’s the problem, at least east coast. I know there’s a few others besides me in the PA/NJ and surrounding areas that keep getting delivery pushed back due to issues with the rail part of the delivery.
Its very strange. Mine shipped 9/1 and I'll be picking it up tomorrow so 10 days from ship to delivery. I'm in NY so I'm sure we are both using the same NJ railyard. I'm trying to figure out what could be the issue but it doesn't make sense. If it was trucks then you would think they would be loading them first come first serve as well. I'd assume by now your car is at least at the rail yard. Have you spoken to anyone at your delivery center about the delay?

Its very strange. Mine shipped 9/1 and I'll be picking it up tomorrow so 10 days from ship to delivery. I'm in NY so I'm sure we are both using the same NJ railyard. I'm trying to figure out what could be the issue but it doesn't make sense. If it was trucks then you would think they would be loading them first come first serve as well. I'd assume by now your car is at least at the rail yard. Have you spoken to anyone at your delivery center about the delay?
I haven’t yet, I might try on Monday if my date gets pushed back again beyond the 14th. It left the factory 8/27 so I think it should definitely have made it to the rail yard. I just think there seems to be some sort of delay at the yard although I’m not exactly sure what the reason is. I’d heard about potential strikes but didn’t think that had happened yet.

I haven’t yet, I might try on Monday if my date gets pushed back again beyond the 14th. It left the factory 8/27 so I think it should definitely have made it to the rail yard. I just think there seems to be some sort of delay at the yard although I’m not exactly sure what the reason is. I’d heard about potential strikes but didn’t think that had happened yet.
Yeah I've about those delays/strikes too. Made me very nervous too. I was saying my car somehow made it thru and we use the same railyard so something very weird is going on. Especially because your car was likely on a train a head of mine. Have you had a chance to schedule delivery yet? And I'd assume your app is up to date with all completion requirements as well...

Tesla needs to deliver these (your) cars this month so don't worry they'll have someone drive it to your house if the need arises :)

Reactions: Charlie88
Yeah I've about those delays/strikes too. Made me very nervous too. I was saying my car somehow made it thru and we use the same railyard so something very weird is going on. Especially because your car was likely on a train a head of mine. Have you had a chance to schedule delivery yet? And I'd assume your app is up to date with all completion requirements as well...

Tesla needs to deliver these (your) cars this month so don't worry they'll have someone drive it to your house if the need arises :)
Yeah everything is up to date in my app. I haven’t had a chance to schedule delivery yet, I’ve read some who had and then got pushed back but I’ve just entered my delivery window two times so far without any notification. I’m expecting either I’ll get the text in the next day or two or it’ll get pushed back again. If I could go collect it from the rail yard myself I’d do that at this point lol.

Yeah everything is up to date in my app. I haven’t had a chance to schedule delivery yet, I’ve read some who had and then got pushed back but I’ve just entered my delivery window two times so far without any notification. I’m expecting either I’ll get the text in the next day or two or it’ll get pushed back again. If I could go collect it from the rail yard myself I’d do that at this point lol.
I completely understand that. Lol I'm sure a lot of people would. Call them Monday and see what they say. Best of luck

Reactions: Charlie88
Quick Update! 132 DAYS... The wait is over.

April 30th Order Date

MSM Black Interior 18" aero no FSD

Delivered yesterday 9/9

I was expecting lots of issues, had several checklists on the ready.

NOTHING wrong that I could find.

Michelin Tires, NO mobile charger, Matrix headlights.

I ordered acceleration Boost and LITERALLY took under a minute to update.

The acceleration is GREAT.

Also installed the Hansshow tilt screen. Pretty quick to install and handy for the swivel capability.

The car is WELL worth the wait.

Quick Update! 132 DAYS... The wait is over.

April 30th Order Date

MSM Black Interior 18" aero no FSD

Delivered yesterday 9/9

I was expecting lots of issues, had several checklists on the ready.

NOTHING wrong that I could find.

Michelin Tires, NO mobile charger, Matrix headlights.

I ordered acceleration Boost and LITERALLY took under a minute to update.

The acceleration is GREAT.

Also installed the Hansshow tilt screen. Pretty quick to install and handy for the swivel capability.

The car is WELL worth the wait.
Congrats mannnnn I want acceleration boost so bad probably buy it next week

I just happen to swipe on my Tesla app and my delivery est was Sept 24-Oct 8. Last week it was January-April 2023! Is this happening to anyone else? I didn’t even order the charger yet! Can I use my model S mobile cable to charge it in the meantime?
Let us know if you see a VIN in this quarter. In past quarters, Tesla has steered clear of sending rail shipments out near the end of the quarter (September 30). I'd be particularly surprised if they did now, given the possibility of a strike. If you look at the folks talking about getting VINs now, they're all in the west.

As for using the Model S connector; absolutely. At the vehicle end, they're the same. That said, the hardware of mobile connectors has changed over time, so you can't mix and match hardware from the two generations of mobile connectors. For example, you can't use a Generation 2 NEMA adapter with a Generation 1 Mobile Connector.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118