Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Im currently set at cash, and judging by my EDD date, do you think I should just apply for financing now?
The next meeting of the feds is 9/20-9/21. Unlikely tesla will change rates before then. So you can probably wait at least a few more days to hedge your bets. But likely you will get a car very soon. I applied in July thinking no way I wouldn't have the car in August and just made my 60 day cutoff by 5 days so crazy things can happen

Yeah everyone was ok. I was stopped at a red light, guy wasn’t paying attention, had air pods in, Saw the green light and just kept driving right into me… bumper got some damage, clips along the fender broke and it’s popped out a little, the worst is I got a crease/dent right in the middle of the trunk under the license plate.

I’m more upset that my carfax will be tarnished with an accident now.
As long as the rear quarter panels are undamaged, it should be an easy fix for a body shop. Glad everyone is OK.

Reactions: guerro
Conversely, while the search function doesn't work with the USB, songs are organized by Album, Genre and Artist, with an alphabet bar down the right side of the screen. I'm no audiophile, but I can find albums and artists when I want them (I don't often search for individual songs). However, I want to be able to say "play song-name" or "play album-name" because I'm going to be selecting songs while driving. There's no way I'd interact with the keyboard to use the search functionality (which does work with the online catalogs). Though I suppose a passenger could fiddle with it.

The car also doesn't remember where it was on the USB music from drive to drive. I'll get into my car and it'll start playing something from the online catalog - which always surprised me because I don't have a data plan. Then I realized that it was going through my home WiFi to access the catalog. But if I'm in the middle of a USB album, it won't remember that and allow me to continue playing from that album the next time I get in the car.

The infotainment system definitely needs work, but this may also be a way of dumbing down the USB experience so as to make the online subscription experience that much more appealing.
Well that's what I mean, no search either by voice or by search bar. It's just not practical for me to use the scrolling bar on the right to navigate my music when I have over 3600 songs to get to a specific one of them. The annoying thing is the sound system itself is great, it's just really difficult to take advantage of with this terrible UX.

Edit: with regards to this being a push for premium connectivity, I wouldn't mind paying for premium connectivity if any of the streaming services sounded decent over LTE. I tried Spotify and Tidal on WiFi and LTE using the trial. Spotify always sounded like donkey excrement and Tidal sounded good on WiFi but terrible on LTE. Tesla needs to switch the cars to T-Mobile's 5G network if they're so data constrained on AT&T LTE. It'll be a much better experience for all features.

Last edited:
I did this as well. Originally ordered in July, never heard a word about it. Cancelled it the other day and re-ordered, it shipped this morning.

Received in about 7-10 days

I ordered mine Sept 3rd on a Saturday and got it Sept 9th, Friday **shipped on Wed even though the facility is only 30min from my house lol
And just like that my order shipped. So clearly older orders have a bug. Can’t believe Tesla hasn’t resolved this

VIN!!!!!! 360xxx series. What does that series VIN mean?

New EDD: 9/18-9/23

Edit: no VIN “text message” from Tesla. Just refreshed the app and there it was. Now it allows me to submit proof of insurance, make the payment, and view all the contracts/docs
360 is the highest (aka newest) I have seen so far. IMO- higher=better.

Mine is 350 and I haven’t even been able to schedule pickup yet! Lol

Reactions: phaheem
And just like that my order shipped. So clearly older orders have a bug. Can’t believe Tesla hasn’t resolved this
Nice!
It's really weird how this is happening, but hopefully others will see this and re-order as well.

Kinda funny, I sent 3 follow up emails regarding my first order, never got a single reply. But I did get a survey request for my customer service experience LOL...they didn't get a good review to say the least.

Reactions: Zane Liu