Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up the car and the process was very smooth. The car was in perfect condition but I will continue to give it a look over for the next few days. For people with deliveries coming up that haven’t gotten a Tesla before here are some notes from my experience:

1. Make sure you schedule pickup for a day and time that you won’t feel rushed and can take your time doing your pre delivery inspections. I tried to do this during a break at work and was constantly watching the clock and it made the experience stressful when it didn’t need to be.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask someone to help you set up the car and give you and intro. They don’t seem to do this by default and this is your opportunity to get your questions answered and demonstrated on your car.
3. Regenerative braking and one pedal driving takes some time getting use to. Not a lot but definitely some.
4. If you have a screen protector to install do that first. Dust and fingerprints will make the install more annoying than it needs to be.
5. If there are other people there taking delivery try to chat with them to see how it’s going. They may have noticed something you forgot or wouldn’t have thought to check.

Overall all the cars that were part of my delivery group today seemed very clean. I don’t think anyone had an issue they needed looked at and everyone had very happy faces.

How did Plaid get work for you? Did you transfer the funds right before you accepted delivery?
I linked it but didn't hit pay. I inspected the car and when I was happy I hit pay.

Technically the funds haven't been removed from my savings yet... I keep checking to see when it gets taken out.

In the app, after you hit the pay button, if it authorized then you could move forward. don't know how it'll look if there are issues

Reactions: guerro
How did Plaid get work for you? Did you transfer the funds right before you accepted delivery?
Inspect the car then hit pay. You can load your bank info prior. Once you hit pay then the confirm delivery button will open up. You need to hit that to finalize the order. The funds will be deducted in about 2 days but as long as they are present when you hit pay then you will be good to go. After you hit accept delivery close the app. When you reopen it you will now have the permanent car app.

Before switching to Chill, every step on the pedal was a bit jerky from all that power haha. Of course I could get used to adjusting but I’ll keep it in Chill for now to help with my safety score.
Yeah need to get used to the speed and regen braking again; have to re-learn how to feather the throttle lol. Noticed today that chill mode didn’t give me the pick up and go I needed while a prius prime refused to let me change lanes, so switched back to standard and let ‘er rip lol

I linked it but didn't hit pay. I inspected the car and when I was happy I hit pay.

Technically the funds haven't been removed from my savings yet... I keep checking to see when it gets taken out.

In the app, after you hit the pay button, if it authorized then you could move forward. don't know how it'll look if there are issues

Inspect the car then hit pay. You can load your bank info prior. Once you hit pay then the confirm delivery button will open up. You need to hit that to finalize the order. The funds will be deducted in about 2 days but as long as they are present when you hit pay then you will be good to go. After you hit accept delivery close the app. When you reopen it you will now have the permanent car app.
How safe is it to use plaid to make my down payment? I heard stories on YouTube where people were double charged but it sounds so convenient

How safe is it to use plaid to make my down payment? I heard stories on YouTube where people were double charged but it sounds so convenient
Also take it with a grain of salt but there is a bias when you see problems. No one ever goes hey everything was perfect but if you have a problem you can be sure it will be posted. Most cars and deliveries go along without any major problems and you drive away happy.