Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at 98 until I recently had to do a couple trips in crazy DC traffic. That dropped me to 95. But it really doesn't matter because Elon said that they're pushing it out to people who are over 80, which is a pretty low bar.

Oh, and the 160,000 additional testers is apparently the original 100,000 who have had it for a while plus another 60,000 new users, which included me. Interestingly, the safety score stuff gets turned off once you're in the beta. I guess once you have the software, they only want you to monitor it while it is in operation.
Lol my score is high 80s the roads here are crazy

Are people suddenly seeing much shorter delivery timelines? I placed an order back in 8/9. Timing wise it was with an EDD of jan-march 2023. Then a few weeks ago it moved to Dec 2022. Today I got a notice of VIN assigned saying the delivery of 9/20-29...today?!?! lol

I put the order in with the understanding of buying it next year so I wasn't quite ready to buy. What are my options without losing the $250 deposit, do you know?

Are people suddenly seeing much shorter delivery timelines? I placed an order back in 8/9. Timing wise it was with an EDD of jan-march 2023. Then a few weeks ago it moved to Dec 2022. Today I got a notice of VIN assigned saying the delivery of 9/20-29...today?!?! lol

I put the order in with the understanding of buying it next year so I wasn't quite ready to buy. What are my options without losing the $250 deposit, do you know?
Reject delivery so I can have your VIN 😂 but yeah if you aren’t ready just reject delivery and they’ll place your back in line. Not sure how many times you can do this though

• Funny
Reactions: codenameku
I was at 98 until I recently had to do a couple trips in crazy DC traffic. That dropped me to 95. But it really doesn't matter because Elon said that they're pushing it out to people who are over 80, which is a pretty low bar.

Oh, and the 160,000 additional testers is apparently the original 100,000 who have had it for a while plus another 60,000 new users, which included me. Interestingly, the safety score stuff gets turned off once you're in the beta. I guess once you have the software, they only want you to monitor it while it is in operation.
I just got my car so I don't even have a safety score. Too bad, was hoping I could get the beta too.

You should be able to delay delivery for like two weeks if you reach out to your SA and get your account on hold. I don't think you'll be able to take delivery next year without losing your deposit. If you want to take delivery in 2023 best to cancel your order.

Remember, we don't know when in 2023 the LR will be available to order, and we don't know for certain what cars will be eligible for the tax credit. I took delivery on Sunday and I don't regret it. The car's amazing.

You should be able to delay delivery for like two weeks if you reach out to your SA and get your account on hold. I don't think you'll be able to take delivery next year without losing your deposit. If you want to take delivery in 2023 best to cancel your order.

Remember, we don't know when in 2023 the LR will be available to order, and we don't know for certain what cars will be eligible for the tax credit. I took delivery on Sunday and I don't regret it. The car's amazing.
Right, that's the exact reason why I'm trying to delay because of the unknowns. I put the deposit down knowing there's a chance I would lose the deposit so if that's what has to happen, it's not a big deal. I just took delivery of my other White LR but ended up selling it once the Inflation Reduction Act passed, just in case. So for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a Tesla. lol

I'll see what the advisor says and I guess if I have to cancel, I'll just cancel.

Most workers at shipping companies just throw boxes into the trailers with no regard to it being fragile or not. I witnessed it first hand working there a few years. It’s terrible..
I hope that when automation reaches those facilities the people losing their jobs understand why it happened.
Lol my score is high 80s the roads here are crazy
That's seriously crazy, though for all I know, trying to commute around the DC Beltway would consistently give me 80s.
I just got my car so I don't even have a safety score. Too bad, was hoping I could get the beta too.
Have you signed up for FSD Beta through the car? Once you have, just keep an eye on your following distance. Shoot for 1.5 seconds behind. Safe following is probably the most difficult thing to do on roads today. It certainly is around here. It's amazing to me how few accidents we have.

I actually dont expect any texts from them. I've tried reaching out to my local SC regarding status of my order and have never gotten a response back. Never received any texts from an SA either lol. My situation is pretty much all up in the air, good times 😅
I was surprised as I had only received one text the day I ordered on a different phone number (a google voice number I use for spam control), then I changed the number on my Tesla profile and never received any texts. I even texted the number and never received a reply as some people here mentioned that their SA would reply to texts.

Out of the blue, I received a VIN text this morning on my updated phone number from +1 (510) 330-1671 with my VIN. I then logged into the Tesla app and noticed my VIN and todo tasks. About 6 minutes later, I received a text to schedule my delivery and after I selected a date/time it texted a confirmation.

Sidenote, has anyone used the vent feature from the app? I can't seem to find it under climate?

Have you signed up for FSD Beta through the car? Once you have, just keep an eye on your following distance. Shoot for 1.5 seconds behind. Safe following is probably the most difficult thing to do on roads today. It certainly is around here. It's amazing to me how few accidents we have.
I did! Just literally got the car so safety score hasn't appeared yet. Figured beta won't arrive until I have a score. I've been keeping my distance and using autopilot where I can to help with the score.

Reactions: JB47394
I was surprised as I had only received one text the day I ordered on a different phone number (a google voice number I use for spam control), then I changed the number on my Tesla profile and never received any texts. I even texted the number and never received a reply as some people here mentioned that their SA would reply to texts.

Out of the blue, I received a VIN text this morning on my updated phone number from +1 (510) 330-1671 with my VIN. I then logged into the Tesla app and noticed my VIN and todo tasks. About 6 minutes later, I received a text to schedule my delivery and after I selected a date/time it texted a confirmation.
Yeah I pretty much received all my info within a 12 hour period too. It was crazy from VIN to scheduling. I guess that's part of California setup

Reactions: sf_michael

I see, thanks for the info! Guess I just have to wait it out then.

Reactions: sf_michael