Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sorry you had to deal with what you delt with today. No one should have to go thru that. While it is absolutely exciting to get a new cool car it does put things into perspective about what REALLY is most important.

That said I hope you enjoy the car and have a great time.

Looks like most of the people here have now come and gone. This forum is probably going to get quiet for a while soon. I wish you all the best and am glad I got to spend a little bit of time having some fun here. (no I'm not leaving ;))

So sorry you had to deal with what you delt with today. No one should have to go thru that. While it is absolutely exciting to get a new cool car it does put things into perspective about what REALLY is most important.

That said I hope you enjoy the car and have a great time.

Looks like most of the people here have now come and gone. This forum is probably going to get quiet for a while soon. I wish you all the best and am glad I got to spend a little bit of time having some fun here. (no I'm not leaving ;))
to be fair, the LR forum has gotten significantly more quiet in the last few weeks. EOQ Push is about done, a large portion of us have taken our deliveries and graduated. some are sticking around to help pass on some knowledge to the remainder of our Q4 brethren... but there wont be any new blood in here until 2023...

I had my June order on hold until Tesla made me say I am ready relasing the hold last week.
For a while in just said Dec delivery
but now is Nov 2 - Dec 7

sold 2019 Whit blk LRAWD with FSD, boost, FSD in July 2022 waiting on new replacement.
on order
White White LRAWD 18” Aero no FSD

an email say Ii have to accept the Vin, but am away until mid-Nov.
If I get a ViN but am away will I lose the order or do I get a second chance because the contract says
I must accept the delivery 30 days after the first attempt?

Also I am in Utah, so is that the beginning or end of the quarter for deliveries? Hoping for Dec delivery.

Anyone else still waiting?

Graduation day :)

Mannn am I tired! Dealing with so many things and having to take Bart 1hr then another 1.5hr drive to the location haha.. but here we go.

Ryzen/Matrix headlights/Hankook tires/J1772 Adapter included -- and of course no mobile connector included

Delivery was a bit odd. Walked into the service center and spoke to the front desk guy. He kinda just went over a few things about my car, but nothing I already didnt know after months of waiting. Then he said they were washing my car out back and to wait until they called for me. I decided to go to the restroom then step outside and poof, my car appeared parked there, next to an S. Didnt have a 'Welcome to the Tesla Fam' sign or anything, just saw my VIN on the dash and knew it was mine. And also, for the record, no service adviser came to help explain anything about the car.

Looking over the car thoroughly, I found absolutely ZERO flaws. Definitely didnt have any paint issues anywhere, not even door jams or behind quarter panels (yes i checked lol). There may have been a very slight misalignment on the trunk, but nothing too concerned about. Everything else was emaculate. Sitting in the car felt so surreal and I kept asking myself, is this really mine? A very satisfying feeling for sure. Although definitely not as much of a struggle as some guys on here, it was definitely a rough up and down journey. But im glad its finally over and I can enjoy this beauty!

PS: I already purchased acceleration boost LOL
IMG_7987.jpg
IMG_7988.jpg
IMG_7990.jpg

Graduation day :)

Mannn am I tired! Dealing with so many things and having to take Bart 1hr then another 1.5hr drive to the location haha.. but here we go.

Ryzen/Matrix headlights/Hankook tires/J1772 Adapter included -- and of course no mobile connector included

Delivery was a bit odd. Walked into the service center and spoke to the front desk guy. He kinda just went over a few things about my car, but nothing I already didnt know after months of waiting. Then he said they were washing my car out back and to wait until they called for me. I decided to go to the restroom then step outside and poof, my car appeared parked there, next to an S. Didnt have a 'Welcome to the Tesla Fam' sign or anything, just saw my VIN on the dash and knew it was mine. And also, for the record, no service adviser came to help explain anything about the car.

Looking over the car thoroughly, I found absolutely ZERO flaws. Definitely didnt have any paint issues anywhere, not even door jams or behind quarter panels (yes i checked lol). There may have been a very slight misalignment on the trunk, but nothing too concerned about. Everything else was emaculate. Sitting in the car felt so surreal and I kept asking myself, is this really mine? A very satisfying feeling for sure. Although definitely not as much of a struggle as some guys on here, it was definitely a rough up and down journey. But im glad its finally over and I can enjoy this beauty!

PS: I already purchased acceleration boost LOLView attachment 858413View attachment 858414View attachment 858415
Woo hoo! Congratulations!! Yes, my pickup experience for a $70K car was pretty much on par with a $25 takeout order. Here's your keys--have a nice day :)

PS: I already purchased acceleration boost LOL
That must be fun. I've been having fun with AutoSteer--works well unless you are in the far right lane where it steers right when there is a merge lane coming onto the freeway. I still haven't built up 100% trust it will slow down, so sometimes I slow the car down before it slows in traffic.

I got my HomeLink installed yesterday--it was my first mobile service. The tech called 3 minutes before arriving, showed up in a Tesla branded model S and was here about 20 minutes. All went smoothly and now I don't have to store the clicker in my car.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and Cho22
That must be fun. I've been having fun with AutoSteer--works well unless you are in the far right lane where it steers right when there is a merge lane coming onto the freeway. I still haven't built up 100% trust it will slow down, so sometimes I slow the car down before it slows in traffic.

I got my HomeLink installed yesterday--it was my first mobile service. The tech called 3 minutes before arriving, showed up in a Tesla branded model S and was here about 20 minutes. All went smoothly and now I don't have to store the clicker in my car.
Man I had to drive it for the first time from Sac to SF and I experienced a lot in that driver including 2x phantom braking. It was scary but nothing I didn’t experience already with my 2020 Civic Si when I had it. Definitely just need to punch the gas when it happens.

As for the braking on auto pilot, I feel the same! It took a while to get used to trusting the system to brake for you. It really does feel like it waits at the last moment to brake and that is a very scary feeling lol. Regenerative braking was the same thing. Felt like I was learning to drive again

Reactions: guerro and Zane Liu
Man I had to drive it for the first time from Sac to SF and I experienced a lot in that driver including 2x phantom braking. It was scary but nothing I didn’t experience already with my 2020 Civic Si when I had it. Definitely just need to punch the gas when it happens.

As for the braking on auto pilot, I feel the same! It took a while to get used to trusting the system to brake for you. It really does feel like it waits at the last moment to brake and that is a very scary feeling lol. Regenerative braking was the same thing. Felt like I was learning to drive again
Yeah the autopilot takes some getting to used to but I’ve also found it breaks surprisingly smoothly even though it’s later than I might do it.

The phantom breaking hasn’t been huge for me but has happened on the highway. Most of the time it’s so subtle I hardly notice. On one or two occasions I noticed it was breaking from a car next lane over getting too close or some weird road change. And even less times were random breaking

Reactions: Cho22
The funny thing is that even having FSD Beta doesn't change the highway behavior because they haven't updated the highway software in quite a while. I'm really hoping that when FSD Beta goes live that the highway stack will be dramatically improved so that people with base Autopilot will get a much better experience out of the vehicle. I guess they'll have to do a beta test on the update to the highway stack before allowing that out to everyone.

A couple things that I do with highway Autopilot

1. If I know of a section of road is coming up that has produced phantom braking in the past and I have somebody close behind, I disengage Autopilot. That's not rocket science, but it's worth paying attention to. I could also just put my foot on the accelerator and make sure I have enough pressure to maintain my current speed, but disengaging makes sure that I've got control of my speed.

2. If I'm on Autopilot in stop and go highway traffic, I'll set my speed down to 30 or 40 mph. This smooths out Autopilot a bunch because it doesn't think that it's operating in a high speed environment anymore - which it's not. So no rabbiting, and the spacing to the car in front of me is reduced. Just remember to set the speed back up when traffic gets moving, and keep an eye out for speed limit signs, which can reset your traveling speed.

One last comment is that Autopilot on Autosteer is perfectly happy to let you fiddle with the accelerator (but not the brake). So if you think you're too far back in a traffic situation, you can move yourself up without disabling Autopilot. The car will maintain the lane as you move (e.g. around a turn). This is really handy with FSD Beta because it's not always considering every aspect of safety. For example, the car stopped while entered a turning lane with plenty of space between me and the car in front, but my rear end was still sticking out in the lane I just left. A little pressure on the accelerator and I've moved the car out of harm's way. Any steering needed to stay in the turn lane was supplied by the car.

The funny thing is that even having FSD Beta doesn't change the highway behavior because they haven't updated the highway software in quite a while. I'm really hoping that when FSD Beta goes live that the highway stack will be dramatically improved so that people with base Autopilot will get a much better experience out of the vehicle. I guess they'll have to do a beta test on the update to the highway stack before allowing that out to everyone.

A couple things that I do with highway Autopilot

1. If I know of a section of road is coming up that has produced phantom braking in the past and I have somebody close behind, I disengage Autopilot. That's not rocket science, but it's worth paying attention to. I could also just put my foot on the accelerator and make sure I have enough pressure to maintain my current speed, but disengaging makes sure that I've got control of my speed.

2. If I'm on Autopilot in stop and go highway traffic, I'll set my speed down to 30 or 40 mph. This smooths out Autopilot a bunch because it doesn't think that it's operating in a high speed environment anymore - which it's not. So no rabbiting, and the spacing to the car in front of me is reduced. Just remember to set the speed back up when traffic gets moving, and keep an eye out for speed limit signs, which can reset your traveling speed.

One last comment is that Autopilot on Autosteer is perfectly happy to let you fiddle with the accelerator (but not the brake). So if you think you're too far back in a traffic situation, you can move yourself up without disabling Autopilot. The car will maintain the lane as you move (e.g. around a turn). This is really handy with FSD Beta because it's not always considering every aspect of safety. For example, the car stopped while entered a turning lane with plenty of space between me and the car in front, but my rear end was still sticking out in the lane I just left. A little pressure on the accelerator and I've moved the car out of harm's way. Any steering needed to stay in the turn lane was supplied by the car.
Yeah I've experienced very similar things. Haven't quite got a handle on where phantom braking consistently happens.

I do find it annoying when my set speed drops because of a speed sign. I often don't notice the deceleration because the car brakes so smoothly and then suddenly I'm stalling traffic on the highway lol.

The automatic lane changing is nice but also sometimes it wants to take me out of a lane or change lanes too soon. So even if I cancel it keeps reengaging a lane change seconds later. But when it works well it's also super nice.

Reactions: JB47394
I often don't notice the deceleration because the car brakes so smoothly and then suddenly I'm stalling traffic on the highway lol.
I wish they'd be a bit more aggressive on the deceleration. I'll go from a 35 zone where I'm doing 40 to a 25 zone where I should be doing 30 only to find that I'm still doing 38 while still well into the new zone. That's true even of FSD Beta. There are so many feature points that they have to work on.
The automatic lane changing is nice but also sometimes it wants to take me out of a lane or change lanes too soon. So even if I cancel it keeps reengaging a lane change seconds later. But when it works well it's also super nice.
Have you tried lane change confirmation? I move from lane to lane using my turn signals and take the route planner's attempts at lane changing as suggestions or advisories. Most of my driving is on highways that I know, so I mostly ignore the route planner. I'd probably turn off confirmation on a road trip with lots of low traffic stuff.

Where is the J1772 adapted located........I deffinatly forgot to look for that lol and it wasn't anyplace obvious.
Check the subtrunk

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
Congrats! Happy you made it. How’s acceleration boost? Did you drive the car without AB before buying it? I still haven’t bought it, and I don’t think I need it. But curious what your thoughts are and how noticeable the difference is
Yeah I drove it home 2hrs without acceleration boost and it was plenty fast, but with AB it just feels like there’s zero lag and it’s just much quicker. That .5 sec 0-60 improve sounds negligible but you’ll feel it. To me, being a car guy, it’s well worth the money