Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New here...Ordered my M3LR on 1/29 in-store. Had to do the thing where they order SR/RWD then modified the order for me. Date range was 4/3-5/15 since the first week, moved to "February-March". Feels like they'll be trying to get it to me before end of Q1, but who knows.

Haven't been able to find much online about anyone ordering in-store and taking delivery since they paused "official" ordering in August...so for all I know I'll be waiting for months.

Is this good news or bad news in terms of expecting delivery sooner? My original EDD was showing March 8 - March 15 but I also had mine updated to February - March. Not sure what to expect here!
I'm interpreting it as a good thing. As best as I can find online, the last time they built LRs was on 1/24. I've read that when other assembly lines underwent updates, they went down for about a month. Of course, we can't be sure that's what's happening here, but it would be pretty cruel of them to shift our delivery window back and forth so significantly.

New here...Ordered my M3LR on 1/29 in-store. Had to do the thing where they order SR/RWD then modified the order for me. Date range was 4/3-5/15 since the first week, moved to "February-March". Feels like they'll be trying to get it to me before end of Q1, but who knows.

Haven't been able to find much online about anyone ordering in-store and taking delivery since they paused "official" ordering in August...so for all I know I'll be waiting for months.
I ordered via the same method as you on 1/30. We're in a unique position because at least up until 1/24, they were still producing LRs, filling orders, and putting the extras into inventory. They seem to have completely stopped, but the change in delivery date tells me they plan to start again soon and we'll be near the front of the line. All conjecture of course. :)

I ordered via the same method as you on 1/30. We're in a unique position because at least up until 1/24, they were still producing LRs, filling orders, and putting the extras into inventory. They seem to have completely stopped, but the change in delivery date tells me they plan to start again soon and we'll be near the front of the line. All conjecture of course. :)
Yep, noticed inventory dried up right around that time, and I haven't seen a single one become available since- so something must be up. At one point considered grabbing whatever popped up next in inventory but never had the option. Also considered a performance instead, but living in the Northeast I'd be buying a new set of winter wheels immediately...

Congrats on your imminent delivery!
I'm not surprised by your description; Tesla reportedly laid off 2/3 of the Vegas-based delivery personnel...that's the team that was scheduling US deliveries during the US peak last year.
Fairly easy to drive over to the Decatur store today and see if your VIN is there being prepped. If so, locally they can likely switch you to SC delivery instead of home delivery. Presumably your VIN is either in Decatur or Alpharetta for delivery prep.
Please report back once the dust settles so we can get a sense of what the delivery practices are as they continue to evolve...Model Y will be here soon enough!
Hello! We were wondering how you managed to get home delivery? We asked for this since my husband's schedule often prevents the pickups. We are an hour from Decatur and Alpharetta states they don't deliver.

Yep, noticed inventory dried up right around that time, and I haven't seen a single one become available since- so something must be up. At one point considered grabbing whatever popped up next in inventory but never had the option. Also considered a performance instead, but living in the Northeast I'd be buying a new set of winter wheels immediately...
PNW here, the performance tires were a nonstarter for me too. The 20" wheels alone would have been a liability from the get go since I'm in a rural area. Maybe we'll get lucky and end up on the cutting edge of whatever they're doing behind the scenes! JB is right, I think we'll find out next week.

You can use whatever financial institution you'd like if you're financing. You would simply work with the financial institution on the loan and they send you the check directly and you bring that with you to pickup the Tesla. Vehicle pickup is incredibly quick. There is little paperwork to sign and the longest part of delivery is vehicle presentation/SA setup should you need it. You can reasonably be in and out in under 30 minutes if you don't need the vehicle presentation/SA setup.
We plan to lease so this makes it a little harder. Do any of the ATL Tesla shops deliver?

We are in the same area and plan to test drive at Avalon as well. Just wondering if you took delivery on your vehicle? Did you use a credit union? What Tesla you chose?
I have been driving my Model 3 with FSD Beta for 5 years now! Incredible vehicle, we love it. Can't wait to trade it in for our Cybertruck in the not too distant future. Can't see myself driving anything but a Tesla!

Dan