Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR Tyres - Michelin E PRIMACY XL, PILOT SPORT 4 T0 or Others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After roughly 23k Miles, my Michelin tyres are nearly worn out, not quite on the marker but not far from it. I would keep it for another six months, but due to the proximity of the first MOT, I will change them next month.

I was browsing what's available, and PS4 T0 is far more expensive than everything else. We are talking an extra £150 for a set, compared to Michelin Cross Climate 2 or E Primacy.

As much as CC2 are all-season tyres, E Primacy and PS4 are both Summer tyres with ok specs.

Has anyone had any experience with E.Primacy on this forum?
1673450205724.png

After roughly 23k Miles, my Michelin tyres are nearly worn out, not quite on the marker but not far from it. I would keep it for another six months, but due to the proximity of the first MOT, I will change them next month.

I was browsing what's available, and PS4 T0 is far more expensive than everything else. We are talking an extra £150 for a set, compared to Michelin Cross Climate 2 or E Primacy.

As much as CC2 are all-season tyres, E Primacy and PS4 are both Summer tyres with ok specs.

View attachment 894495
I changed all 4 of my M3 LR tyres to E-primacy. I did about 10K on the rears on the E-primacy and about 4 K with them front and rear.
Very happy with them. I did not notice any increase in noise and I think, but have no empirical evidence, that they improved the efficiency a bit as well. They were also a bit cheaper.
I can't say I particularly thrash the car ( though the original Pilot sport rears lasted only 13k 😁 ) but I did not notice any degradation of handling with the E-primacy

• Helpful
Reactions: piotroek
Here a some snippets from just 3 of the threads. I'm sure there's lots more detail in the threads that will help you make up your mind:
I think they have improved the efficiency but that is anecdotal
A lot of people are running them on LR's due to the shortage and not seen any complaints yet.
I went with the e-Primacy as the Tesla Michelin sports where not available, no complaints so far.
No noticable difference in noise level but as some have said it sounds a little different, no better/worse, just different
haven't noticed any real difference compared with the outgoing Pilot Sport 4 XL Acoustics.

did you end up going with the e.primacy in the end?

I'm getting 18" TSportline wheels to fit my model 3 performance. I like the idea of better energy usage.
Curious on how different they go against the PS4 T0 (or the newer T1), here in Australia the PS4 are 47% more expensive !

We’re at just over 20k miles and the rears are nearing the end of their lives. We’re off on a big trip in a couple of months so will probably look to replace them before we set off. Having a quick look around, there doesn’t seem to be too much variety in costs amongst the “premium” tyres. PS4 T0 are around £217 fitted, whilst E.Primacy are £211 fitted (each). Is there any reason to move away from the PS4s? The E.Primacy apparently have better efficiency, however suffer in the wet. I have had a look at other threads where tyres are discussed, but it’s mostly people pondering and not much feedback!

We’re at just over 20k miles and the rears are nearing the end of their lives. We’re off on a big trip in a couple of months so will probably look to replace them before we set off. Having a quick look around, there doesn’t seem to be too much variety in costs amongst the “premium” tyres. PS4 T0 are around £217 fitted, whilst E.Primacy are £211 fitted (each). Is there any reason to move away from the PS4s? The E.Primacy apparently have better efficiency, however suffer in the wet. I have had a look at other threads where tyres are discussed, but it’s mostly people pondering and not much feedback!
Pilot sport 4 T0 price for the set is 800-900 and are difficult to find - e.primacy are in Costco in Bristol.

In regards to pricing of e.primacy. it will cost me £639.92 including fitting in Costco. Worth having a look.

I just hit 25k and decided its time to replace mine. All down to between 3 and 2mm

Did a load of searching and agonising and mind changing and price checking and ended up just saying sod it and ordered a set of cross climate 2's.

£700 fitted on the driveway works for me and the way our weather seems to be going, I think i'll be glad of a bit more bad weather grip. Towards the end of this winter but mainly for the next one.

I just hit 25k and decided its time to replace mine. All down to between 3 and 2mm

Did a load of searching and agonising and mind changing and price checking and ended up just saying sod it and ordered a set of cross climate 2's.

£700 fitted on the driveway works for me and the way our weather seems to be going, I think i'll be glad of a bit more bad weather grip. Towards the end of this winter but mainly for the next one.
I was considering cc2 but decided against it as we have little petrol SUV for winter days. Btw I loved CC on my honda CRV - great tyres and laster longer than factory fitted summer Dunlop grandtrek.

• Informative
Reactions: Billbrown1982
I was considering cc2 but decided against it as we have little petrol SUV for winter days. Btw I loved CC on my honda CRV - great tyres and laster longer than factory fitted summer Dunlop grandtrek.
This it he first time i've ever had a car that I didn't just throw the whatever part worns were available on it OR the first car i've actually kept long enough that the original tyres needed replacing so this was all very new to me 😂
Glad it looks like i've made a good choice.

I ended up putting ePrimacy ST (Volvo) on my 3. A bit dearer than the standard ePrimacy. ST stands for Sound Tuning, apparently they are quieter.
They were advertised as having "Noise cancelling system" but all it is a a slightly different thread pattern.

I can't really tell the difference going by the pictures alone.

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • Helpful