Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 mud guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you mind elaborating a bit more on how you installed it using the the tape? I'm about to install the two front mud flaps but don't want to screw into the liner. Just a bit confused on how exactly you did it with the 3M double sided tape.
I used the 3M tape on the edge of the car fender, not on the black lining, black lining is too loose to work. This pic will help, ignore the dent, I just found this picture online of the fender. See the small white part going into the inside edge of the wheel well? Put it along there.

Full disclosure though, I ended up drilling holes a few weeks later. I had a lot of anxiety about it and just decided to it, it really is such an easy thing to do, the black lining is as thin as cardboard. Just use the smallest drill bit you can so the screw can catch it and expand the hole When you screw it in, a 1/16 drill bit worked for me.

c07esfiaf6121.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
I used the 3M tape on the edge of the car fender, not on the black lining, black lining is too loose to work. This pic will help, ignore the dent, I just found this picture online of the fender. See the small white part going into the inside edge of the wheel well? Put it along there.

Full disclosure though, I ended up drilling holes a few weeks later. I had a lot of anxiety about it and just decided to it, it really is such an easy thing to do, the black lining is as thin as cardboard. Just use the smallest drill bit you can so the screw can catch it and expand the hole When you screw it in, a 1/16 drill bit worked for me.

c07esfiaf6121.jpg

Really appreciate the feedback and quick reply. Based on your feedback, I'll probably cave and simply drill the hole. Cheers buddy!

With so many vendors on amazon selling these guards, people have said they all come off the same manufacturing line. So I bought ones from a vendor selling it for only $20. vs the basenor $40. Install was good and I used double sided tape which was holding great. Today I noted the front passenger guard was cracked. Been on for only 2-3 weeks. Drove through rain yesterday but absolutely didn’t hit anything. If it breaks from just water..what will happen when winter comes and snow/slush is thrown up against it? I just ordered the basenor one...I guess I’ll see if they’re the same exact thing.

E27212F1-31B6-4929-B7BB-88D8B4CBD648.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: hridge2020
DSCN0058.JPG
View attachment 478791 View attachment 478791
DSCN0050.JPG
View attachment 478791 We know of the problems with molded mud flaps. Our 2 ply flexible mud flaps offer side and bottom protection that can not be obtained with high and stiff mud flaps such as molded flaps. Ours are full width of tire and hang a scant 2" above the road to block more road grit and debris. They are flexible and will not crack when they come into contact with stones or speed bumps. They are silent protectors. That coverage comes with minimum visual impact. They are designed and built in the USA and sold through the Tesla Owners Club of New York State TOCNYS.org They cost more than auto store looking mud flaps but they offer the most value doing their number one job...body side protection of metal fender and lower front doors. Check out our website for Black Friday week sale prices.

Home - Splash Page

Attachments

• DSCN0051.JPG
    DSCN0051.JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc and KenC
Not full carbon fiber, seen them as Material: Advanced semi-rigid ABS plastic
I have the Basenor flaps for about a month, and so far so good. I'd say don't buy anything listed as "semi-rigid plastic" and instead get something listed as "flexible TPU" or similar. Also, most of these mud flaps seem to come from the same mold, but might be from different factories and different materials.

I have the Basenor flaps for about a month, and so far so good. I'd say don't buy anything listed as "semi-rigid plastic" and instead get something listed as "flexible TPU" or similar. Also, most of these mud flaps seem to come from the same mold, but might be from different factories and different materials.

I purchased these... still no problems... then again I'm not driving in Snow, or gravel roads...
KKmoon 4Pcs Car Mud Flaps, Front Rear Mudguard Splash Guards Fender Mudflaps

Features:
1.Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 2016-2019
2.It can give your car a more aggressive racing look, show your characteristic when you driving.
3.Made by premium quality ABS, which is durable for a long time use.
4.Professional installation is highly recommended, make you get better enjoyment.
5.Protection your car far from dirt, mud, snow,etc.

Specifications:
Color: Black
Material: High Grade Semi-Rigid ABS plastic
Package Size:33*22*11cm
Package Weight: 620g /21.87 oz

Package List:
4 mud flaps (2pcs front L/R & 2pcs Rear L/R).
1 bag of screw fixings

I purchased these... still no problems... then again I'm not driving in Snow, or gravel roads...
KKmoon 4Pcs Car Mud Flaps, Front Rear Mudguard Splash Guards Fender Mudflaps

Features:
1.Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 2016-2019
2.It can give your car a more aggressive racing look, show your characteristic when you driving.
3.Made by premium quality ABS, which is durable for a long time use.
4.Professional installation is highly recommended, make you get better enjoyment.
5.Protection your car far from dirt, mud, snow,etc.

Specifications:
Color: Black
Material: High Grade Semi-Rigid ABS plastic
Package Size:33*22*11cm
Package Weight: 620g /21.87 oz

Package List:
4 mud flaps (2pcs front L/R & 2pcs Rear L/R).
1 bag of screw fixings

the kkmoon are the ones I have that cracked. Will find out tomorrow if the basenor ones look any different or same exact.

Map guards look awful and very 1960. Film looks so much better along the complete sills and a small amount of film on left and right bumper as you cannot see film. After spending all this money buying a Tesla and then install cheap mud guards and still the sills get coverded in mud and stones.

I actually LIKE the look of my mud flaps. And in my case, I have to wash the car much less frequently. I imagine with a film you’d still have to wash all the crap off the car, no?

Do you have a dirty car pic?

I have similar mud flaps as discussed above and the effect is very limited...

image.thumb.png.c43f52db00fe62e31b6db6446d6fbccb.png
Not similar at all. Ours have minimum visual impact..very 2ooo's
Sorry you bought those..it would be a whole heck of a lot cleaner with our real mudflaps. But that photo illustrates perfectly my point about molded mudflaps being ineffective "too high".
NO mudflap will stop everything and eliminate the need to wash your car, however evsmartparts.com will prevent most of the splash AND stone and rock damage (roads are never perfectly clean and there is always road construction somewhere )

Attachments

• DSCN0084_1.JPG
    DSCN0084_1.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 107