Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yowser! Jeff, I never noticed that and I guess I was never looking at a stalk as the shifter. Interesting. Not bad at all...as long as you don't hit it thinking it's the wiper. ;)

Oh, that would never happen. Or, er, it's only happened a few times for me (when returning from a long vacation driving another car). :( The car goes into neutral and I lose power, and I quickly shift it back to drive.

Which is why I love modern cars with auto-headlights.

The differences in layout between my wife's car and mine irk me, so I just leave the headlights on auto in both cars.
Except when its pouring rain or foggy but not dark enough to trigger the auto headlights. Without the headlights on, there are no taillights. And people are too ignorant to either remember how to turn the headlights on manually or oblivious to the conditions. Super annoying.

Except when its pouring rain or foggy but not dark enough to trigger the auto headlights. Without the headlights on, there are no taillights. And people are too ignorant to either remember how to turn the headlights on manually or oblivious to the conditions. Super annoying.

We're fortunate. Subaru errs on the side of turning the lights on earlier than I would. So in the conditions you've stated, they'd come on.

In my Audi, the threshold which the lights kick on can be adjusted, so I've set it a little lower than I would do on my own also.

@Trev Page just posted this one over at Model 3 Owners Club. Looks like a silver RC has been spotted.

M3-Silver.JPG

Last edited:
If it's raining the wipers will be on which turns on the headlights.

• Informative
Reactions: BluestarE3

If it's raining then auto headlights should always be on. Certainly on Teslas turning on the windshield wipers activates the headlights (which is the law in California). Generally in foggy conditions they turn on as well.

If it's raining then auto headlights should always be on. Certainly on Teslas turning on the windshield wipers activates the headlights (which is the law in California). Generally in foggy conditions they turn on as well.
I believe it's the law in lots of states, but not aware of many cars that automatically turn the headlights on when wipers are on.

I believe it's the law in lots of states, but not aware of many cars that automatically turn the headlights on when wipers are on.

As long a Tesla's do it, that's all we care about here. In fact, it's kind of a pain to turn the headlights on manually in a Tesla. There's no physical control, you have to use a sub-menu on the center panel. Luckily I've never found it necessary in 4 1/2 years of ownership. I've had my car turn on headlights in the middle of a sunny day if I'm driving though a shadowy forest.

My Prius has auto-headlights with a sensitivity setting. Depending on the setting, they will turn on in almost broad daylight if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.