Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: ccutrer
I have seen other show cars where the prototype had gleaming silver, and the eventual production version was more dull. My assumption is that the prototype has a cost-is-no-object show car paint job, and production realities warrant something a little more subdued.

Reactions: ohmman
About 128 pages ago, people were discussing the lack of testing. TBF, I've no idea who to compare TRC in Ohio to, but it seems decently comprehensive:

What We Do - TRC
Virtual Facility Tour - TRC

No idea how they test "snow" and "ice" in the middle of May in Ohio, though, unless that happened back in February/March or if they're using a different, more-northern facility for cold-weather testing.

I mentioned it in the other sightings thread, but if you look closely at the silver RC pics and different parts of the body, the alignment and inconsistent gaps are really bad. Frunk, bumper/front left side panel, trunk opening... Hope this is early morning version of RC, otherwise no good haha.

Reactions: Matias
The Alpha silver was positively glowing. Look at the marketing shot in San Francisco for an example. I'm hoping this looks dull because of the camera quality and not because of a change in color.
They might be aiming at eye color demographics. The alpha was toward gold a bit - brown eyes.
The RC is toward blue - blue eyes.

There used to be a winter, spring, summer, autumn color matching method...

Looks like they are choosing the silver out of the summer color pallet. Dressing For Success Summer-Shop By Season-Color Me Beautiful

They have to cover the set to make sure people look good in the vehicle.

Silver is usually assigned to summer, with an interior to match.

model-3-silver-rc.jpg

I don't know if my question has been asked already:
Will there be an option of full darkened glass dome for sake of the beautiful design?

This would be my question to Franz, if I were one of the lucky visitors to see the M3.

I think this is a good comparison of the prototype and RC silvers:
Such "comparisons" are useless, as they are taken with cell phone cameras with no control over the lighting conditions.

A useful comparison would be to put those two cars side by side under the same lighting condition and view them with, you know, your eyes.

It seems pretty obvious to me that all these release candidates have been using the current color gamut from the Model S & X, which I'm speculating is what happens for actual Model 3 production to keep manufacturing simple/cheap in the beginning. Not sure why more people haven't picked up on that unless their wishful thinking has them in denial? I suppose there's no harm in dreaming :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.