Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
those complaining are not the same that have been within touching distance of the car, but going off photos. Point me to someone that was at the reveal event that thought the trunk opening was too small to be usable.
what do you all think fits in a car anyway? It's not a pickup or SUV.
I have heard complaints from those who were there, [ No Room For Your Junk In The Trunk Of A Tesla Model 3? ] but what someone deems usable varies greatly. Tesla obviously decided to go with a larger opening for the S and the BWM 4/6 series Gran Coupe and Audi A5 Sportback aren't being introduced to the US market just because BMW/Audi don't have anything better to do.

Release will be bigger than the alpha trunk...
Elon said they "solved" it. We can assume they made the opening larger but we really don't know for sure.

In general this car is aimed more at the US market, where sedans are highly desirable as commuter vehicles/status symbols and not family utility vehicles. For that, the US market has trucks and minivans. International markets generally expect a more well-rounded car that can be stuffed full of stuff on moving day and be able to haul the family of five, so a lot of disappointment was from there I wager.

My biggest problem with the alpha trunk was how small the opening was. I'm mainly concerned about being able to get a decent sized cooler into it. I'm also anxious to find out if a golf bag will fit. I expect it will but I currently have a 328i and they just barely fit in its trunk. But this is by no means a deal breaker for me. I just want the car I get to be the best it can be.

Reactions: jgillispie
My biggest problem with the alpha trunk was how small the opening was. I'm mainly concerned about being able to get a decent sized cooler into it. I'm also anxious to find out if a golf bag will fit. I expect it will but I currently have a 328i and they just barely fit in its trunk. But this is by no means a deal breaker for me. I just want the car I get to be the best it can be.

Likewise. As a craft beer and golf fanatic I travel with those items quite often. I can barely get golf clubs in the trunk of my Genesis Coupe(driver bends a little until seated properly)and certainly not a larger size cooler. I'm hoping the M3 will be better designed that what I have.

Says you. For me, I find that cars are prettier the more aerodynamic they become. On a scale of [Element, Cube, Hummer] to [Jaguar, Tesla], aerodynamics and beauty are at the far right. The Model 3's ugly parts are precisely those parts which are compromises away from aerodynamics towards safety, regulations, or functionality.

Thank you kindly
Parked-2.jpg

Likewise. As a craft beer and golf fanatic I travel with those items quite often. I can barely get golf clubs in the trunk of my Genesis Coupe(driver bends a little until seated properly)and certainly not a larger size cooler. I'm hoping the M3 will be better designed that what I have.
I have a Prius and appreciate the hatchback, but often I have to put the backseat down anyway to transport large boxes (20"x20"x20") because of the height. I hope there is a way to get a large box like that into the car, whether it's through the trunk or the backdoor, it's not that important.

Ok, time to have some fun... this was posted on a local car club FB page today in MD - what do you think? Fake news?
Not fake news (i.e., no deception intended), just misidentification of another production car (most likely Model X) for the Model 3. The fact that there were two identical cars driving out in the open without camouflage really says production cars to me (probably recently delivered to the local store for customer pickup).

Reactions: ohmman
Not fake news (i.e., no deception intended), just misidentification of another production car (most likely Model X) for the Model 3. The fact that there were two identical cars driving out in the open without camouflage really says production cars to me (probably recently delivered to the local store for customer pickup).
Or a very unlikely case someone at Fremont put the wrong car on the wrong train. "Hey Bob where did we put the Model 3 release candidate? and why is this Model X parked here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.