Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm curious about is if this is the final reveal, or another "pre-reveal". My memory is already fuzzy on just the Model X sequences of events. But wasn't the final nose cone not revealed until the September 29 event where they also made their first deliveries? I guess I'm just dubious that the design studio will open for any non-employees/"founders" until late July at the earliest.

The people reserving the Model X waited a very long time and they were pretty knowledgeable about what they were buying. The Model 3 is a whole different game and Tesla will hopefully address the difference in customer with a lot more information and preparation. Opening the design studio early and requesting a little more information from the customer would also be more appropriate.

The Model 3 is a whole different game and Tesla will hopefully address the difference in customer with a lot more information and preparation. Opening the design studio early and requesting a little more information from the customer would also be more appropriate.
That's true but only to a point. I'm not sure how valuable the info will be until it is locked in, up until then I can see people comoing back weekly, if not daily, to play with their options and try different combinations to get it just right. Then when they get the chance to lock it in they'll go to whatever configuration they liked best to lock that one in. And I don't see them having people lock in their reservations too far in advance either.

Reactions: Grendal
Let your friend know I was able to take a picture so he doesn't have to.

mule.PNG

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
Yup, as I see more and more model X's here in Toronto, you realize that without a frame of reference it can look deceivingly small. The proportions make it look stubbier and shorter than an S, if you don't see it next to another car. I can easily understand people thinking that it's the little Tesla by mistake.

Reactions: Model 3
He can report whatever he wants, but I seriously doubt his report. There are so many knowledgeable Tesla owners in California that a new Model 3 prototype on the roads would be quickly identified and photographed and posted about.

as someone else noted up-thread....let's all pause on this hype until after next week, when Fremont will supposedly begin producing the ~300 "pilot models" we've been hearing about for a while now.

Figure: a handful to NHTSA for crash testing.
another handful for cold weather testing.
maybe some for hot weather (desert) testing.
and....HOPEFULLY.....some to be used as test drive cars later this year.

Until then, we all await the earnings call on the 22nd, when we hope to learn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.