Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be the stupidest thing in the world to make the Model 3 incompatible with all the superchargers out there. That's why they're building more superchargers - for the model 3. If there is a v3 supercharger it'll be compatible with ALL Teslas.
I never speculated they would break compatibility. Cause yes, that would be stupid. There are multiple ways to enhance charging connections while maintaining compatibility (forwards and backwards).

Really hoping for a carbon fiber option. I don't think it looks bad, just a personal preference. I just worry they're going to package any change to the dash with a bunch of other upgrades I have no use for.
I believe you are correct.

I kinda have the opposite problem in that I'm "all buttons checked" and I believe I might miss a packaged option that "all buttons checked" won't give me....such as "Sub Zero package only comes with cloth seats ( I want leather ) " or something crazy like that.

Myself as well. Carbon fiber for sure. To me there is just something wrong with wood of any kind in such a high tech vehicle. Save it for Rolls and Bentleys.
I chose carbon fiber especially for that reason on my S. And there are days where I regret that because everything on the dash is dark, and the matte CF does not really show in a sea of dark materials.

Myself as well. Carbon fiber for sure. To me there is just something wrong with wood of any kind in such a high tech vehicle. Save it for Rolls and Bentleys.
I don't think its going to be high tech at all. To me....its going to be by far the simplest EV you have ever seen. I know you've seen the interior many times.

I think Wood adds a sense of naturalism to being engulfed in plastic. One of the things I hate the most is to see plastic molded with fake stitching of leather. That's just phony to me. Cheaper is not always better in my opinion.

The Lucid interior w/wood is simply astounding. I'm only posting this as the Lucid Air isn't the competition of the Model 3.

pic.jpg

Last edited:
What I hope is that as Technology and Innovation becomes cheaper.....that folks like Tesla passes that savings on to the customer. IE.....if the 2170 battery becomes cheaper to manufacture or more dense requiring fewer of them...that Tesla passes that savings on and makes the car cheaper....as they did with versions of the Model S.

To me, tasteful carbon fiber is exposed structural carbon fiber--it has purpose. Decorative carbon fiber is way too boy racer. Matte woods can be a great way to blend organic and inorganic surfaces and lighten spaces while adding visual interest through natural texture and pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.