Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been stated many times before: this is the final interior. At that late stage i.e. A couple of short months before cars will start rolling off the line do you seriously think anything could change?!

We haven't seen great views of the interior. Nor do we know what all of the accent/decor pieces are going to look like. The quality of material is another unknown.

I said I want a nicer interior to be revealed than what we've seen so far, which has been very little.

Capiche?

I am concerned about the vents. Will they be adjustable? Can you raise, lower them? Is it just one big vent all the way across so passengers don't have their own controls? I am pretty short, and I have VERY dry eyes. I cannot handle the vents in any car directing air into my face. I adjust them all the time as I get hot/cold. I'm not thrilled with the dash at all. But, I'm sure I can get used to it. The air hitting me in the face is not something I could get used to. Would hate to think I could never wear contacts if I want to drive my car.

We're not allowed to have questions, concerns or critiques, valid as they may be.

It would really be cool to be able to remove that center screen.
Lets go truly minimal. I mean....absolutely nothing.

I absolutely agree! Just some VR goggle and a Wii console.

DIY-VR-headset.gif

yep - so many folks are convinced that "reveal part 2" hasn't happened yet - even though Elon has said it has happened.
Therefore the interior of the final car is exactly what we are looking at now.
I have a funny feeling that the folks who were convinced there would be a HUD are the same folks who are equally convinced that the interior will be different in the "final" car - even though Elon has already tweeted that we are looking at production candidates not prototypes or betas.

FWIW with Tesla's augmented reality hires and industry partners showing full windscreen HUD technologies, I am not at all convinved that a HUD is out of the picture or at least that it never existed as a plan.

It still sound plausible, though delayed beyond Model 3 launch obviously. And there is of course a chance it won't materialize or those AR people are working on something else.

Remember there was very valid peeking and speculating on Drive PX two years before Tesla actually went AP2. Mobileye-shouting crowds considered such speculation crazy, yet Elon's presence and talks an nVidia conferences now make perfect sense. We could see AP2 technology years away, not all just believed it.

Reactions: LectrikPower
FWIW with Tesla's augmented reality hires and industry partners showing full windscreen HUD technologies,
I am not at all convinced that a HUD is out of the picture or at least that it never existed as a plan.

I think that the S and X will get it first, then the 3 (and the Y).

Other luxury car makers in general add new fancy features to their flagship models,
and later on pass them to their more popular models.

I think that the S and X will get it first, then the 3 (and the Y).

Other luxury car makers in general add new fancy features to their flagship models,
and later on pass them to their more popular models.

Yep, very possible.

Though with Tesla's constant changes and evident fear of Osbourning (which ironically the constant changes add to) it does not seem completely impossible they might launch it range-wide as well including Model 3 if it happens at a much later date (so as to not keep Model 3 buyers waiting for Model 3 to get it).

But not at Model 3 launch obviously. S/X could thus get it sooner if it is in the cards at all.

So I didn't follow the X release this closely but isn't Elon's style to save some surprises for the final reveal? Do we really think he's fine letting the final version of the exterior and interior be spy photographed so many weeks ahead of the release?

If Model X is anything to go by, this IS the final interior. Model X mules were driving around with production interiors.

Model X launch had a few surprises but mostly in hidden functionality like auto-opening front doors and the HEPA filter. Even the bad surprise of non-folding second row seats (obviously not seen in mule photos) were leaked beforehand.

Reactions: Railhawk52
He's also said that there will be a Reveal Part 3, in July.

Part 3 will probably just be release details, pricing specifics and available options, performance specs, and final confirmation of battery sizes and EPA rated range. There will be an interior reveal, but it isn't likely to show us much different than what we've already seen. The main parts of the interior are likely to match what has already been shown (floating screen, no dash display, no HUD) and just the finalized minor details will be shown, along with the UI for the center screen.

Part 3 will probably just be release details, pricing specifics and available options, performance specs, and final confirmation of battery sizes and EPA rated range. There will be an interior reveal, but it isn't likely to show us much different than what we've already seen. The main parts of the interior are likely to match what has already been shown (floating screen, no dash display, no HUD) and just the finalized minor details will be shown, along with the UI for the center screen.

Agreed that this is the likely scenario. Of course anything is possible, but what @mhan00 listed is the best educated guess IMO based on current and past public knowledge.

Reactions: Railhawk52
There is a large difference between overestimating the ability of car consumers to adjust to a new paradigm in human/car interface, and not designing air vents to function for different situations.

1. You dropped a vital part of my post:
indicating that it was not to be taken too seriously.

2. So air vents is not a part of the human/car interface? So no, I do not see it as "a large difference". If they have removed the interface where the humans inside the car could adapt the air flow to what is wanted/needed they are still "overestimating the ability of car consumers to adjust to a new paradigm in human/car interface" and/or neglecting to take into account the need/wants of the driver and/or passenger of the car. And that is in my opinion "stupid".

... and to everyone that states that they like a "clean and simple" dashboard/"human/car interface" - so do I. I want it as clean and simple as possible while still fulfill its purpose, but not any "cleaner" and/or simpler.

1. You dropped a vital part of my post:

indicating that it was not to be taken too seriously.

2. So air vents is not a part of the human/car interface? So no, I do not see it as "a large difference". If they have removed the interface where the humans inside the car could adapt the air flow to what is wanted/needed they are still "overestimating the ability of car consumers to adjust to a new paradigm in human/car interface" and/or neglecting to take into account the need/wants of the driver and/or passenger of the car. And that is in my opinion "stupid".

... and to everyone that states that they like a "clean and simple" dashboard/"human/car interface" - so do I. I want it as clean and simple as possible while still fulfill its purpose, but not any "cleaner" and/or simpler.

I agree that the form vs. function equation should not be ignored. I want it to look nice AND work.

That IPace interior is amazing. That is what I think is acceptable for a minimalist, very few buttons, usable interior should be like. My only critique might be the big climate knobs, if that is what they are. I even love the buttresses with the window controls.

Reactions: cizUK
I am not worried about the thin vents of the Model 3 or I-Pace... yet. We shall see how they operate in practice. Visually they look appealing.

Come to think of it, in the otherwise scandinavian-simple Model S/X interior, the vents are still quite prominent and traditionally "automotive" fixtures.

Reactions: mhan00
Status
Not open for further replies.