Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EC2EEB21-0543-4079-989D-0C3709B891D2.jpeg
F89D5281-C4C5-46CF-A8BC-71EC0980A067.jpeg
06A434DC-D0B2-436A-8F34-C57D02E4E4FE.jpeg

Olallie Lake OR

Is Autoflex a variant of what is commonly called "dipping"? Looked it up and it said "removable paint."

Yep. If you search the forums for Autoflex, you'll find other threads discussing it, including this one:

Paint Protection - Autoflex M3 concept silver during the reveal + Colored Aero Wheels NY

The video posted there (showing the AutoFlex process in a shop in NY) is what made me decide to try it. Had I liked the factory silver better, I would have just opted for a full clear wrap, as we did for our pearl white Model S, which still looks great coming on five years! Yes, I posted photos of it in the Nature Pictures thread in the Model S forum. :)

One thing to consider is the door jambs. It would have been pretty spendy to try to Autoflex those as well, but it didn't make much difference in my case, having the two different silvers. If you have a vehicle you are considering changing the color of, that's something to keep in mind. That said, I know of someone locally who chose clear Autoflex as PPF for his Model X, I believe it was. I should ask him how he likes it. I love the color of my Silver Beauty! :)