Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 556038
I apologize for that large screen shot i uploaded. It's taking up a lot of screen space and I can't delete it.
Anyways, I went into the parts catalog again and copied out some info for all of us to learn from.

Model 3 parts catalog for the USB C data hub + wireless pad + the wireless dock lip

The parts seem to be interchangeable! Hear me out:
View attachment 556049 The wiring harness looks like exact same as the wires/plug we've had all along. Model Y and Model 3 part for this both are unchanged in the parts catalog with only one option.
ASY,CABLE,USB,1R HUB TO IP,M3
1100827-00-C (11) (It has a data plug which from the old one looks like a USB MINI-A port) (there's a separate 4pin 12v plug for power (i imagine for the USB C))

View attachment 556039
M3, CONSOLE PHONE DOCK PREMIUM ASY (5)
1112412-00-C (old - might still work without buying the new part)
1112412-00-E (new. From Daerik's video it seems like same as model 3 (maybe they finally updated to a single slot like he said in the video)

View attachment 556040
M3, CONSOLE PHONE DOCK PREMIUM MAT (16)
1112415-00-C (plain mat)
M3 MY, CONSOLE INDUCTIVE PHONE CHARGER (16)
1541234-00-B (wireless charger)

(Did not include a picture)
M3, CONSOLE PHONE DOCK BAR, ASY (15)
1138038-00-A (default non-wireless lip)
M3 MY, CONSOLE WIRELESS PHONE DOCK BAR (15)
1547380-00-A (wireless lip - thicker/wider)

View attachment 556043
View attachment 556047
View attachment 556046
View attachment 556048 USB,HUB,CHARGER.WITH.DATA,FRONT (28)
1093295-00-A (old usb A version)
MY USB HUB FRONT (28)
1522264-00-B (New hub? USB C + A like new model 3/Y?)

View attachment 556050
View attachment 556055
Also since people asked, here's the USB C rear vent part #. It's updated on the 3's parts catalog as well so we have hope... and it looks like just a bolt in swap.
Rear Vent Assembly:
M3, CONSOLE, REAR AIR VENT PAN ASY, PREM (9)
1111072-00-C
M3, CONSOLE, REAR AIR VENT PAN ASY, PREM (9)
1111072-00-E

(all pics real life pics were scraped from ebay/tesla online forums for reference. these parts all came from model 3 old USB A)

How to access this area is from this tutorial:
12v Socket in Front bin - Tesla Owners Online

I believe the parts we need are:
For just front USB C + A: 1522264-00-B
For front USB C + wireless charging: 1547380-00-A, 1541234-00-B, + above ( i skipped (5) from the diagram)
For Rear USB C: 1111072-00-E (C was the old one, E is the updated one)

Too bad my service center doesn't answer their calls, I was trying to find out the cost of these specific parts. If the total cost is less than $300, i'm willing to do it!
Incredible work putting all that together. It does look very promising.

I can’t see how those replacement parts would cost $300. And if Tesla offered this as an actual retrofit upgrade I would definitely pay them to do it.

So am I right in thinking that the USB hub at the front of the car connects to the two USB ports at the back via that mini-USB (?) connector? From the looks of the images, it is USB power only (no data) at the back (and presumably that is still the case in the updated Model 3)

Last edited:
So am I right in thinking that the USB hub at the front of the car connects to the two USB ports at the back via that mini-USB (?) connector? From the looks of the images, it is USB power only (no data) at the back (and presumably that is still the case in the updated Model 3)
No. The rear USB ports only have power. The mini-USB connector is for the connection from the car's computer to the hub.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I wonder if there will be any issues with the VC modules shutting the power down because the USB C version draws more power than it would expect with the USB A versions. (Does it auto-detect the type? Is there enough extra capacity that it won't care?)

The wireless charging pad + spacer only cost $80? Tesla online store is selling the old version (using 2 USB-A ports) for $125!
Yep i knew the prices were inflated on the store front end.

When i looked on ebay for used parts, they were only going for $45-50 for all the important stuff so i knew it would not be that expensive of a project. If someone can get me the parts(i'll pay of course), i'll do it on my car! I just can't anyone to answer my GD calls at Tesla Service Centers..... sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.