Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me which store? I tried Dublin and Burlingame

I'd say where now, but I don't want them flooded with a deluge of calls or visits until we know they can produce.

I think the easiest way is that as soon as I get it I'll post the service bill, and you can reference it to order. I'll even include the trick on how to get through to the service department in under 5 minutes......

They've already ordered the parts, shouldn't be more than a day or two. They seem open to the idea that I wanted to upgrade my USB ports, but on the first part request they entered the old version of the rear usb. Hence waiting for something to reference might be a good idea.

Yep i knew the prices were inflated on the store front end.

When i looked on ebay for used parts, they were only going for $45-50 for all the important stuff so i knew it would not be that expensive of a project. If someone can get me the parts(i'll pay of course), i'll do it on my car! I just can't anyone to answer my GD calls at Tesla Service Centers..... sigh
Schedule an service appointment and include all the part numbers there. You will get the quote and will be able to pick up the parts at SC

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I'd say where now, but I don't want them flooded with a deluge of calls or visits until we know they can produce.

I think the easiest way is that as soon as I get it I'll post the service bill, and you can reference it to order. I'll even include the trick on how to get through to the service department in under 5 minutes......

They've already ordered the parts, shouldn't be more than a day or two. They seem open to the idea that I wanted to upgrade my USB ports, but on the first part request they entered the old version of the rear usb. Hence waiting for something to reference might be a good idea.
Can you have some sort of tutorial on how to do it when you received the parts? I tried to do some research and seems like removing the center console is pretty involved.

Reactions: APotatoGod

Okay let us know. I just submitted a service req on the app for my panel alignment but i also threw in those 4 parts for purchase. Hopefully someone gets back to me on monday through text at minimum. I'm excited to try this out and make a video of the install.

Reactions: lUtriaNt and Durzel
Wow you lucky dog. Or why not just buy from Tesla Parts dept? At least there, you'll have some sort of warranty on products. (5y right?)
I though about buying direct from Tesla but realized if they had an extra part they will make another car and sell it instead of selling me the part:) Also, my M3 driver seat lumbar support assembly is missing 2 plastic bushings since last year and SC is still trying to get those for me.
Hopefully the new front USB hub will show up on eBay. I`m more interested on that and can`t wait to see what`s inside.

Well, I tried the trick to get a person on the phone. Didn't really work because they're mad rush to sell as quick as they can right now. sp500 inclusion? TSLA to 1500 in 2 weeks? I can only hope.

Anyways, i drove to the SC because it's only 10 mins away. Did the COVID social distancing thing. I scanned a QR code to submit a form for my contact info. Got someone to call me back. I told them I wanted these 4 parts. He said he'll pass it to his parts department, and don't expect anyone getting back to me for less than a week because of this Q2 mad rush. I told him fine. just as soon as any parts come in, call me.

I bet I won't hear back for a month.

• Helpful
Reactions: Navak and lUtriaNt
Received the rear went assembly today and took it apart. Two separate USB-C circuits for each of USB-C port. input: 12V, output: 5V 3A or 9V 3A. The USB-C PD controller chip is RTQ7880-QT. No data lines on rear ports. Pictures below.

Image_1 2020-07-03_16-24-50.jpeg Image_2 2020-07-03_16-24-50.jpeg Image_1 2020-07-03_16-10-31.jpeg

This seems like a really simple plug and play swap, might not even have to fully remove the center console, just undo the bolts and scoot it back to reach that hub in the front. I'm lucky to have an awesome service center, but I'm waiting for smatthew's confirmation that it's a simple swap before I pull the trigger on ordering parts.

Excited to have much faster phone charging speeds and reasonable tablet charging speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.