Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a 2021 model 3 that refuses to charge on DC, and on AC I have a short circuit, this happened while DC charging. There is no error on the screen and The car drives normally, even on service mode nothing special shows up. I tried to buy toolbox subscription to know more but I see that buying subscription is closed.

I am not sure if someone can help me find out what’s wrong, my guess is that I need to replace input contractors that are maybe shorted.

Hello,

I have a 2021 model 3 that refuses to charge on DC, and on AC I have a short circuit, this happened while DC charging. There is no error on the screen and The car drives normally, even on service mode nothing special shows up. I tried to buy toolbox subscription to know more but I see that buying subscription is closed.

I am not sure if someone can help me find out what’s wrong, my guess is that I need to replace input contractors that are maybe shorted.
Grab your phone, bring up the app, and go for Roadside Assistance. A car that won't charge has something wrong with it.

Having an "short on AC"; not sure what you mean, but is the breaker on the house popping? If so, that's more evidence that Something Is Wrong, Bad.

Get the car into Tesla's hands ASAP. You do NOT want to wait until the car is out of charge if at all possible. While it's not guaranteed, running the 12V battery or the traction battery down to zero is Bad.

This counts as an emergency. Don't spend time asking random people on the internet for help. Get moving.