Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 NZ Insurance Quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a quote and policy back from Vero, who run InsureMyTesla, shown on the Tesla NZ website.
The policy (attached below) is based on their business vehicle insurance policy, with Tesla specific enhancements.
My quoted premium was about $1750.
This more than the $1340 shown using the Model S/X premium calculator on Tesla's website.
However I think it still looks good value for money and worth considering.

Attachments

• Vero 023 Tesla guide customer 1.6.pdf
    610.6 KB · Views: 348
  • VER969 Tesla Policy InsureMyTesla_A4_v3.pdf
    295.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Informative
Reactions: Ecoli and Miggy
Ami and aa both quotes me near 2k with 2k excess and high glass premium.

Vero are at 1650 with decent excess and glass plus new car if totalled in 2 years

Youi are the lowest at 1150 decent excess and glass but only named drivers, slightly dodgy company

• Informative
Reactions: Miggy
Ami and aa both quotes me near 2k with 2k excess and high glass premium.

Vero are at 1650 with decent excess and glass plus new car if totalled in 2 years

Youi are the lowest at 1150 decent excess and glass but only named drivers, slightly dodgy company
May be different in Oz but I've had my Tesla insured with YOUI for over 4 years; no problems, one windscreen claim.
Had a couple of claims on the old ICE (also with them) - no problems there either.

My quoted premium was about $1750.
This more than the $1340 shown using the Model S/X premium calculator on Tesla's website.
So far Tesla Insurance is only available in California, so those two quotes really aren’t comparable. I do not know how to compare the two quotes because I don’t know the details of what NZ auto insurance covers.

You'd need copies of the insurance policies to compare what you're getting for your $

In NZ Tesla's preferred insurer is Vero.
Being from the US you may not be seeing this.
for New Zealanders Tesla website redirects to Tesla NZ website Electric Cars, Solar Panels & Clean Energy Storage | Tesla
and Tesla NZ insurance InsureMyTesla Insurance for insurance

Benefits include:

• New car replacement after a total loss (up to 24 months or 40,000km)
  • 20% standard excess reduction after 90 days, subject to a minimum $500 excess
  • Cover for loss or damage to your home charging equipment
  • Full glass coverage including your Tesla panoramic roof
  • Rental car reimbursement (optional)
Contact button on website sends email to [email protected]

So far Tesla Insurance is only available in California, so those two quotes really aren’t comparable. I do not know how to compare the two quotes because I don’t know the details of what NZ auto insurance covers.
The insurance on the Tesla NZ website is a link to Vero who provide Tesla specific insurance in NZ, not for the Tesla own insurance (which as you say is California only)

Well Vero is not looking good
After receiving no response to my second email
I tried calling 800 number on Tesla NZ web site
On hold for 5 minutes, IVR prompts to leave a message. Tried to leave message...
Users mailbox full
Lol a bit like calling Tesla,

Reactions: CAM3RON
Company Price Excess Comments (23/9/19)
Youi $1100 600 Lower and higher excesses were possible, at decent cost. Glass excess $50. All done online.
Vero $2,000 ? Recommended by Tesla - see earlier posts. Phone call needed but no fuss.
AA $1350 3100(!) Lowest possible excess was 1100, which doubled the cost.
State $2,700 ? Lots of exclusions and restrictions; special 'Tesla Calculator.' Phone call reqd, ages on hold.
Medical Assurance $2240 2100(!) Pleasant but not a great deal.
Tower (after a time on hold) "We don't insure electric cars". That sounds doubtful

Not a complete comparison, and the prices are approximate.

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli
managed to get hold of Vero
got a quote around $2000.00 annually

Tried Youi online quote
$1500 annually for P+ seemed to good to be true
Followed though to see what happened
After filling out rest of the form
Sure enough

We can't complete your quote because we're unable to offer you cover for the following reason(s):
  • Youi is not able to provide car insurance due to the high value of the car.