Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mesa, AZ
Model 3 SR+ in white/white and Aero wheels and FSD
Ordered 10/05
As of today, still no VIN or delivery date.

Tesla Chat guy said trim level - IE: performance/LR/SR+ - has no bearing on delivery timing, but delivery region does. Says current timeline is 2-4 weeks.

For those of us that are buying our second Tesla because the first one was totaled by a reckless driver, this kind of waiting is a bit more unbearable. We know what we're missing and didn't choose to be in this position.

UPDATE: Nov. 5, 2019
Nothing. :)

well... I did put my order on that infurious march 31st... And when they released the first m3, I asked for a refund as the price point at that time (75k$ CAD) wasn't nowhere in my reach nor "accessible".
Then I made the plunge in september 6th, and should take deliver november 29th...

Patience is a virtue they said...hmm maybe ;)

It worked out better for you besides the price. Initial batches of Model 3 were rife with QA issues. Lately, it seems all/most of those problems have been ironed out. This is one where early adoption was probably a bad idea.

It's hard to blame Tesla though. This was by far their biggest challenge. Building a massive assembly line for mass production from scratch is no easy task.

well... I did put my order on that infurious march 31st... And when they released the first m3, I asked for a refund as the price point at that time (75k$ CAD) wasn't nowhere in my reach nor "accessible".
Then I made the plunge in september 6th, and should take deliver november 29th...

Patience is a virtue they said...hmm maybe ;)

I sure wish we had US prices...then I could get the M3P.

Sadly for me, even the LR AWD in Canada comes up at over 800$/month with rebates.
Had to settle for the SR+ and can't wait. :)

Youre guy is a liar about trim levels cause performance is clearly going to take the longest.

I wonder if it's true that the LR/AWD is the most profitable, followed by SR+ and M3P. If so, makes sense in terms of maximizing year end profit. But terribly unfair as many M3P orders will be superseded by other trims that were ordered much later.

I'm still confident Tesla will meet most/all orders placed in October/early November by year's end. They did same last year when the rush was even greater due to expiring $7500 credit and lower production capacity.

I wonder if it's true that the LR/AWD is the most profitable, followed by SR+ and M3P. If so, makes sense in terms of maximizing year end profit. But terribly unfair as many M3P orders will be superseded by other trims that were ordered much later.

I'm still confident Tesla will meet most/all orders placed in October/early November by year's end. They did same last year when the rush was even greater due to expiring $7500 credit and lower production capacity.

I seriously doubt the LR/AWD is the most profitable. As we’ve seen with the stealth, the performance shares nearly all major components with the AWD (same motors, same battery pack), minus a possible inverter upgrade, and some smaller things like bigger brakes, wheels, etc. I would certainly say those additional items on the performance are nowhere close to $7k. I would guess the profitability goes backwards, with M3P being most, SR being the least.

I seriously doubt the LR/AWD is the most profitable. As we’ve seen with the stealth, the performance shares nearly all major components with the AWD (same motors, same battery pack), minus a possible inverter upgrade, and some smaller things like bigger brakes, wheels, etc. I would certainly say those additional items on the performance are nowhere close to $7k. I would guess the profitability goes backwards, with M3P being most, SR being the least.
You are right. The M3P is most profitable. The delays of the M3P would indicate that possibly a part is not available or in short supply. But Tesla clearly missing some part or something on the M3P.

• Love
Reactions: JordyJr12
Totally agree. I wish someone just ordered it for me without me knowing about it cause this wait is killing me. Of all the cars I've had, I've never had to wait this long and it is brutal when you're so set on owning one, but can't have it yet. I know these are first world problems and I'm not complaining, just agreeing lol.
Anyone received any vins for SR+ this week so far?

Negative for me. Ordered Oct 25th. No source code vin either.

Is anyone else in CA and going on vacation during the end of December?

I let my delivery rep know, and they basically said I'm SOL if I can't be present during delivery. They said I can't have anyone else take delivery either. It'll have to be me.

Any ideas for a workaround?
Add a second registered owner and have them pick it up then remove them later once you get the title.

Edit: I lied, that might not work as all parties would need to be there to sign.