Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a LR AWD on order, no VIN. I called my tesla store (Littleton, CO) to ask why nobody has texted me yet.

They told me that someone is assigned to me and that I should call at the Cherry Creek store since the employee is there.
When I asked for that person, I was told he wasn't there. So I asked if they could put on my file that I am interested in a stealth.

Turns-out, they just received a batch of VINs this morning and there was a stealth that is being painted right now and that has the exact same configuration that I wanted. They told me to expect around 2 weeks until delivery. (I can't believe how lucky I got on that one, the employee told me that I called at the right time)

Now I see a VIN in my source-code and a new payment section has appeared on my account.

I originally ordered a SR+ (on 10/22) then changed my mind and went with LR (on 11/7) and now I end-up spending a little fortune on that car, but I've never been so excited about a car ever before. I probably won't sleep much tonight ... Actually I probably won't sleep for 2 weeks now :)

Looking forward to swallow my teeth when flooring it in my new car!!!

... and end-up in a ditch because I am used to drive a mini-van :)

They could see that it was being painted? I heard everyone that called to get a stealth say that all of the VINs were pre-production. I'm wondering if maybe your SA knew something that others didn't?

They could see that it was being painted? I heard everyone that called to get a stealth say that all of the VINs were pre-production. I'm wondering if maybe your SA knew something that others didn't?

The first SA I talked to that day said pre-production. I called later to talk about FSD and that other SA I talked to said that the car is being painted. Maybe he has a special crystal ball that other SAs don't have :) I don't think it's really the kind of info I can verify, so he could have just said that to make me happy.

Stealth, also called Sleeper or P3D- is a performance model 3 that costs just $2k more than a LR AWD.
It is virtually identical to a LR AWD, it's just that it has the motors (or software, there is debate about that) to make it as fast as a performance model 3.
So:
- No 20" wheels
- No upgraded brakes
- No carbon spoiler
- No aluminum pedals
- No lowered suspension
- probably other small stuff I forgot.
- But 0-60 in 3.2s

You can't order one, those cars are inventory only, so they show-up randomly and you need to ask your Tesla store to match you with one, but they are usually rare, so they might not be able to match you with one. Some people go across state lines to pick inventory that is available somewhere else (I almost did).
There is a lot of info on that in the forum, just search for Stealth or P3D- and you will find a lot of discussions about it.

Reactions: OverEZPZ
Hey fellow Denverite! Let me know if you are able to grab one, not sure if they are all gone or not.
If so, we might end up having the same delivery date :)

Dumb question. My understanding is that P3D- is only $2k extra.... but I'm assuming that's $2k extra if you had already ordered a LR AWD w/ 19" wheels right? I ordered a LR AWD w/ 18" wheels. I'd be shocked if I could upgrade for only $2k and get both 19" *and* performance upgrades.

Dumb question. My understanding is that P3D- is only $2k extra.... but I'm assuming that's $2k extra if you had already ordered a LR AWD w/ 19" wheels right? I ordered a LR AWD w/ 18" wheels. I'd be shocked if I could upgrade for only $2k and get both 19" *and* performance upgrades.

$2k is just for the upgrade to performance. All other additional costs (19” sport wheels) are the same. So if you switch from AWD 18” Aero to AWD Performance 19” sport, you’ll pay $3.5k extra.

Curious to know if anyone's in the same boat as I -- Ordered on 10/28 (SR+, White/Black/ 19 Sport wheels/AP) in SoCal. Since I was planning on going through Tesla Financing, my SA told me "make sure to apply on Dec 1st". She said I should expect my car on the 2nd or 3rd week of December. She also said that credit applications are valid for only 30 days when it comes to financing, 60 days for leasing, which is why she's telling me to wait- that info's coming from her manager. I'm reading on some posts that apps are valid for 60 days now- is that for Financing? I'm going to wait because that's what she suggests, but it's very tempting to just pull the trigger and apply now instead of later. Looking at the spreadsheet, VINS seem to be coming in for early/mid October orders, so late October Orders are just around the corner...very tempted to just complete my profile.

Curious to know if anyone's in the same boat as I -- Ordered on 10/28 (SR+, White/Black/ 19 Sport wheels/AP) in SoCal. Since I was planning on going through Tesla Financing, my SA told me "make sure to apply on Dec 1st". She said I should expect my car on the 2nd or 3rd week of December. She also said that credit applications are valid for only 30 days when it comes to financing, 60 days for leasing, which is why she's telling me to wait- that info's coming from her manager. I'm reading on some posts that apps are valid for 60 days now- is that for Financing? I'm going to wait because that's what she suggests, but it's very tempting to just pull the trigger and apply now instead of later. Looking at the spreadsheet, VINS seem to be coming in for early/mid October orders, so late October Orders are just around the corner...very tempted to just complete my profile.
I made the mistake of shopping for financing too early and not only did the approval expire, but then rates went down. Applied through Tesla once I had a delivery date, was approved in a moment, and all was easy and well. Could have avoided a hard hit to my credit had I waited, but got the lower rate.

JeremyE is correcto! Easiest approval i have ever been through. Note: I asked SA should I wait until Dec to apply and she said no apply today (Nov 16) and I did with a 30 day approval. I am hoping that her direction means my car is coming sooner than estimated...but it could also mean that completing the profile was key to getting car sooner. Who knows. Tesla has us all baffled that's for sure.

Hmmm... interesting. I was never told about the 30 day limit. I went home the day of ordering (10/26) and immediately filled everything out, including financing. Curious to see what happens in 5 days LOL.
From my understanding of credit. Hard Pulls are ignored for the first 30 days. That's because people are likely to be shopping around for rates, and it wouldn't be fair to penalize you for that, since each bank would pull your credit.
However once you pass the 30 days mark (could be 45 days, not 100% sure) and you apply for a loan again, your score will be lower due to that.
So if I were you I would re-apply for the loan before the previous one lapses, that way you get the new, better rate and your score wouldn't have been affected by the previous hard pull. However we don't know when we get the car, so if you get the car after 30 days from now, you will have to reapply again. But you will have to anyways since it's very unlikely that we receive the car within the next 5 days.

Personally I re-applied just before my previous loan lapsed, I got a better rate and it's valid until December 18th. Hopefully I will have the car by that time.

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Just saw a truck of euro model 3s going out on 101, come on Tesla give it up on Europe already!
This is exactly as I feared. Tesla is holding back on the US. They will only stop foreign production when it is too late to get any vehicle past customs in a foreign country. That means it could easily be the 2nd week in December before Tesla makes a decent number of US cars.

I don't know what this p3D- influx is. I don't know what getting a VIN number for one of them means. I just know that no matter what I do (and I've talked to a lot of SA's now), I can't even get a P3D- until the 3rd week in December.

I've had an AWD LR ordered since 10/11, and it's not clear whether I will get that before 3rd week in December either.

From my understanding of credit. Hard Pulls are ignored for the first 30 days. That's because people are likely to be shopping around for rates, and it wouldn't be fair to penalize you for that, since each bank would pull your credit.
However once you pass the 30 days mark (could be 45 days, not 100% sure) and you apply for a loan again, your score will be lower due to that.
So if I were you I would re-apply for the loan before the previous one lapses, that way you get the new, better rate and your score wouldn't have been affected by the previous hard pull. However we don't know when we get the car, so if you get the car after 30 days from now, you will have to reapply again. But you will have to anyways since it's very unlikely that we receive the car within the next 5 days.

Personally I re-applied just before my previous loan lapsed, I got a better rate and it's valid until December 18th. Hopefully I will have the car by that time.
While they say this and it seems that every online "credit" advisor service suggests this, it's simply not true and really depends on other factors of the credit report. I've come to find that a credit inquiry doesn't necessarily differentiate between "Auto Loan" or just a credit inquiry, particuarly if that inquiry is coming from a credit union. Each of my credit inquiries for auto loans were categorized like any other credit inquiry (for revolving credit lines) and had a substantial impact on my credit score.