Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exactly as I feared. Tesla is holding back on the US. They will only stop foreign production when it is too late to get any vehicle past customs in a foreign country. That means it could easily be the 2nd week in December before Tesla makes a decent number of US cars.

I don't know what this p3D- influx is. I don't know what getting a VIN number for one of them means. I just know that no matter what I do (and I've talked to a lot of SA's now), I can't even get a P3D- until the 3rd week in December.

I've had an AWD LR ordered since 10/11, and it's not clear whether I will get that before 3rd week in December either.

That's odd.. my SA said week of December 3rd is when my vehicle will arrive at service center. I hope he is correct!

That's odd.. my SA said week of December 3rd is when my vehicle will arrive at service center. I hope he is correct!
No, you are likely one of the lucky ones who is getting one of the N. American Teslas that is actually made these days. I'm not saying that Tesla has completely cut us off from cars. Quite the contrary, they are slowly delivering, albeit too slowly - and will ratchet up production for N. America to be peaking in a wild rush the end of December. I guess this is the way Elon Musk thinks we should buy cars.

So you are just lucky. What will be interesting is how many people who ordered a stealth (you did switch to one if I recall) will get them sooner vs. later.

Sure seems to be lots of recent reports of MY2020's being scheduled for delivery... in USA, now including LR/AWD trims.

And again I ask, if they are still producing for overseas delivery, how do they intend to get them delivered this year? Right now, the only way would be by air.

Sure seems to be lots of recent reports of MY2020's being scheduled for delivery... in USA, now including LR/AWD trims.

And again I ask, if they are still producing for overseas delivery, how do they intend to get them delivered this year? Right now, the only way would be by air.
If someone saw a carrier of European/foreign cars going 101 N in Fremont today, Tesla is still making some mix of foreign and US cars. They can still get ships to go to some countries by the end of the year. Asia would be easy. Most ships would probably have to disembark by Dec 1 to get to their destinations.

A big buyer of European Teslas are foreign companies leasing cars for their employees (and for themselves). That how it works over there. So hundreds of cars at a time could be delivered to these companies. They are "delivered" when the company takes possession of them. I suspect that's why Tesla is giving priority to foreign deliveries this quarter. All these companies are desperate for EVs because gas is horribly expensive. There are probably companies buying fleets of them all at once.

You say there are a lot of Model 3's scheduled for delivery in the US. I saw a big wave of SR+'s - now a short bunch of stealth AWD cars (but not all of them). I guess there can be a few AWD SR's coming out too.

I distinctly got the impression from two phone calls I had today that there were stealth cars that were "on the street" (not my term) and stealth cars in pre-production that (for me) couldn't be delivered until the 3rd week of Dec. Given I am 60 miles from the factory - I take it that there are lots of stealth cars to come - just not ASAP. I don't think that SA's are making that clear. In my config alone (Red or white, black interior, areos) there were supposedly hundred this afternoon not yet assigned. But if I took one, it couldn't make it to me for at least 3-4 weeks.

The stealth cars on the street were available sooner - but not in my colors (red or white). I think the term pre-production means "planned to be produced." I'm just putting little bits of information together to get this. Some people have VINs, some do not. Some will get delivery dates ASAP, some will be much later. This is my guesstimation - not Tesla info.

All I know is that the pool of possible pre-production choices is very large, but they aren't deliverable at least locally until later in December. I assume that this means they not only have not been made, but are scheduled to be made at a later date.

But the US deluge of cars has barely started. Why do you think they scheduled all these seminars, etc. SA's are telling people to expect 10-15 minute delivery appointments. That can only mean one thing. It's like I said - Elon Musk in a Santa suit throwing key cards at crowds of people while the news media covers it all - aka - iPhones.

Reactions: tren01t
Tesla website now says "Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191121-223424_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191121-223424_Chrome.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Funny
Reactions: tren01t and Jbad
I got an update from my SA last night at the Cherry Hill showroom. He was able to look up my order and said a VIN should be assigned by 12/3 and delivery is estimated to be 12/11.

P3D+ ordered 11/6
FSD
Performance upgrade
Midnight blue metallic
Black premium interior

my SA keeps telling me that they have zero visibility to the production queue and can't look up anything - he is blowing smoke up my rear-end?

Or.... The other SA's might be blowing smoke. Just saying.

IMHO I have little trust in what the SA's can or cannot do during this whole process. I get told I would get X for my trade in and I don't. I get told I am sure I can get that increase for you it seems really low. Then it doesn't. Felt like I was just getting appeased at the time. When I complained about the price increase he made out he was the one who got it adjusted but I believe it was a blanket referral credit for everyone.

Patience in the process is hard, I have light at the end of my tunnel pending nothing wrong on delivery day, I know the frustrations others are having.

Reactions: tren01t
For the people who are getting outside financing, do you know if Tesla is going to provide a bill of sale so the Bank can issue the check for the loan amount?
My delivery date is scheduled for 27th but so far I have not heard anything from Tesla.

For the people who are getting outside financing, do you know if Tesla is going to provide a bill of sale so the Bank can issue the check for the loan amount?
My delivery date is scheduled for 27th but so far I have not heard anything from Tesla.
I THINK what happens is that the contract is drafted up and is loaded into your manage account. Then you take that and send it to your bank along with drivers license and anything else they need. Then the bank drafts up a check and you pick it up or they mail it to you.