Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cancelled my order for am M3DM on December 2nd and ordered an M3P the same day.
My SA says she believes it will be in Denver during the 3rd week of December.
Have approved financing but need to sell my Honda to finance the down payment - they still have not sent the Title.
Fingers crossed the title will come before the car!

Congratulations!

In Washington State, titles can be obtained same day from a licensing agency (it's an additional $50 on top of the typical titling fee); depending on your situation and your financial institution's policies, you may want to see if the option is available in your state.

Good luck!

First time poster, long-time reservation holder (November 2016). Finally ordered M3 in late October. Looking forward to finally getting the car but seems like logistical jenga on Tesla side.

Surprised with the delay in production as I still haven't been assigned a VIN despite seeing later orders and non-reservation holders on this forum get VINs and delivery dates. Probably has to do with location (I live right near the Fremont production center). Hearing I won't have it until the 20's in December. C'est la...

Info
State: California (San Jose)
Specs: Model 3 LRAWD, Deep Blue Metallic, White Interior, 18" Aero Wheels, No FSD
Time line: Configured 10/28/2019

Reactions: Davidkent0012
My prediction for the next 3 weeks and three days.

Week 1 (Dec 8 - 14): California (Oct Orders) will all finally get VINs while Upper West Coast, East Coast and Central Coast continue to take VINs & deliveries (especially those who placed orders in Nov and Dec). Backlog for non California should probably be lower at this point. (I hope)

Week 2 (Dec 15 - 21): Flood gates open! California (Oct Orders) will take deliveries, California (Nov Orders) will be assigned VINs, all other regions continue to prosper as they have been.

Week 3 (Dec 22 - 28): California (Nov Orders) Take Deliveries, California (Dec Orders prior to the 8th) will be assigned VINs.

Weekish 4 (Dec 29 - 31): California (Dec Orders) Take Deliveries and whatever remaining

Just wishful thinking, but who wants to start placing bets? step right up! :D

Reactions: SoCalMike

Week 1 (Dec 8 - 14): California (Oct Orders) will all finally get VINs while Upper West Coast, East Coast and Central Coast continue to take VINs & deliveries (especially those who placed orders in Nov and Dec). Backlog for non California should probably be lower at this point. (I hope)

Week 2 (Dec 15 - 21): Flood gates open! California (Oct Orders) will take deliveries, California (Nov Orders) will be assigned VINs, all other regions continue to prosper as they have been.

Week 3 (Dec 22 - 28): California (Nov Orders) Take Deliveries, California (Dec Orders prior to the 8th) will be assigned VINs.

Weekish 4 (Dec 29 - 31): California (Dec Orders) Take Deliveries and whatever remaining

I second that and I hope it's true because my trade value expires around mid December

Reactions: skydreamerjae

Excellent Prediction! Agreed with you!

I cancelled my order for am M3DM on December 2nd and ordered an M3P the same day.
My SA says she believes it will be in Denver during the 3rd week of December.
Have approved financing but need to sell my Honda to finance the down payment - they still have not sent the Title.
Fingers crossed the title will come before the car!

Hey congrats! I’m in Denver as well, and ordered my M3P ‘Stealth’ on 12/5! I’m super excited and praying my car shows up before the end of the year! Where did you order yours? I wandered into the Tesla store at Park Meadows Mall, and walked out with a new car order for myself lol

I think you made a good choice going for the Performance model!

Went to the Pasadena shop yesterday to inquire about my my 10/12 SR+ order. He said not to quote him (though he is almost certain) , but my car would be in LA by the 15h....so you're probably right :)

I hope you’re right. I ordered my M3P today and the SA said their update from this morning shows that CA orders will be delivered before the end of the year, but that they only had 50 left of the M3SR. Also said that if I waited until January to order, then I probably wouldn’t get my car until end of February or beginning of March, because of the way the orders are staggered for production and delivery.

What rate did you get? I got 3.29% via Tesla (Chase). Better than what NFCU offered me.
I ended up with 2.99. I just bought a house last year and another vehicle a month ago so I've been trying to use my preapproval from October to not have anymore pulls on my credit.

FYI for anyone dealing with my issue (couldnt find many posts about preapproved checks and delayed delivery) Navy Fed will honor a check even if its expired. They told me roughly 2 weeks after expiration it becomes worthless and it all comes down to the dealers bank and whether or not they'd accept it.

They were able to use my previous pull to re-approve me for the same amount and terms so even if the car was late I would be covered.

The website is now showing 2-3 week delivery estimate for new orders in California. Looks like CA deliveries are about to ramp up?

If Tesla wanted to make the most deliveries it would make logistical sense to do all west coast to increase the numbers. I’ll bet even if somebody in California places an order this week, they will get their car by end of year. But Tesla is fair so they would do their best to balance number vs delivering orders.

My pick up date is tomorrow. My account has not been updated to pay online and I haven't heard a peep from Tesla. Hopefully when I show up everything is set to go and I can pay by personal check? I'll try calling the Raleigh office shortly.