Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exept he's from Denver where deliveries are being prioritized. California seems to be on the last to deliver list :(
Each day that I wake up with no news from Tesla is devastating. I ordered almost 7 weeks ago. What’s worse is that some people who ordered before me are equally in the dark.

The only thing making this worthwhile is knowing that I’m closer to the end of this mess than the beginning, and the car will make it all worth it.

SR+, White/Black, 11/2, Costa Mesa DC in SoCal.

Timeline
12/5 - order submitted, trade-in info submitted, chose Tesla arranged loan, approved, but since my trade-in had a payoff, the valuation wasn't complete. Timeline showed as delivery in 2-4 weeks before ordering, but changed to 2-3 weeks after ordering
12/6 - Timeline reverted to 2-4 weeks
12/7 - Got an automated text that I needed to choose how to pay or my delivery date could slip, even though the loan payoff hadn't been confirmed yet. Adjusted the loan amount to leave a negative net due near the payoff amount and confirmed the loan
12/8 - Loan payoff confirmed, submitted copy of trade-in registration and proof of insurance
12/9 - Insurance info updated on status page, next step since then has shown as "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."
12/12 - Here we are. I'm usually pretty patient, but like many of you, I'm a bit preoccupied :) I really do hope they make Q4.

12/14 - An advisor sent a canned email suggesting I attend one of the new owner orientations at one of their local showrooms. I declined due to not feeling I needed it, plus it was in the middle of my workday. I also asked if he was my point of contact since it was my first direct contact with a human in the process. He informed me of and CCed my assigned sales advisor.
12/16 - VIN showed up in source, later emailed my SA asking if he had any insight into my timeline and due to holiday travel that it would be wonderful if pickup could happen 12/23 or earlier.
12/17 - After no reply from SA, emailed the other advisor with the same question, and he got back to me promptly to tell me it was being shipped 12/18 to arrive in Scottsdale AZ on 12/20, and that I should be getting a text within 24h to schedule my pickup appointment as early as Saturday 12/21. :D
12/18 - Text rolls in near lunchtime, click on link, the only choices for my appointment days are 12/21 or 12/22 with times scattered across both days, chose 12/21. My "manage' page still will not let me submit final payment.

So far, everything's been as promised, 2-3 week timeline has held. The only complaint has been the lack of communication from a primary point of contact. Will be interesting to see if there are any of the quality issues that many previous owners have pointed out like gaps and alignment of the panels.

But for those of you who are still waiting, I have a pretty good feeling now that chances are quite good that they'll make their 12/31 deadline for you.

UPDATE: Finally took delivery. Originally scheduled for tomorrow morning but got a call this morning that said the car just arrived and I could come get it today. DA said give him 2 hours to have it detailed. I arrived at Costa Mesa and was out of there in maybe 10 minutes. The delivery experience was great though. No defects that I noticed. But not 10 minutes later, my SA that has been ignoring my calls and text for a couple weeks calls to congratulate me. I almost didn't answer but tried to be nice. He actually let me know that the survey about your experience with your SA is important so for all of us that have been ignored, we should voice our opinions...not that it will matter.

Each day that I wake up with no news from Tesla is devastating. I ordered almost 7 weeks ago. What’s worse is that some people who ordered before me are equally in the dark.

The only thing making this worthwhile is knowing that I’m closer to the end of this mess than the beginning, and the car will make it all worth it.

SR+, White/Black, 11/2, Costa Mesa DC in SoCal.
at least Southern California is ahead of Northern. I live 30 minutes from the factory and will be delivered to dead last.

So Tesla stated delivery from 5-8 weeks when I ordered on 11/5. I will be picking it up tomorrow which will be 6 weeks and 2 days. Can’t complain, although it’s been hard to wait. Blue/black AWD LR. I’m flying into Portland tomorrow at 2:30 my Tesla will be ready at 5. Looks like Friday commute traffic in busy Portland as the first drive! Can’t wait! Big day tomorrow :) it will be nice not having the “where’s my Tesla” fever.

Placed my order for a LR AWD in MSM on 12/11. Received email for confirming availability late night on 12/16. I had told that i am available on Dec 30th and Dec 31st. Got a SMS 5 minutes back:
"Thank you for letting us know your availability. In the next several days, we will send another text message to update you on your delivery timing. To learn how to prepare for delivery day, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day". Hoping that everyone gets their beloved car before the end of the year!

Order date: Oct 25 2019
DC:Burbank
They changed my DC to MDR: Dec 12 2019
Email regarding unavailability date:Dec 16 2019

December 18: I got a text message saying.....
Thank you for letting us know your availability. In the next several days, we will send another text message to update you on your delivery timing. To learn how to prepare for delivery day, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day

No VIN until now

SR+ white on black interior, 18" aero

Reactions: giantshark18
Email regarding unavailability date:Dec 16 2019

Thank you for letting us know your availability. In the next several days, we will send another text message to update you on your delivery timing. To learn how to prepare for delivery day, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day

No VIN until now

Exactly the same process for me expect I choose MDR.

Order date: 12 1 2019
DC:MDR
Email regarding unavailability date Dec 16 2019
I got a text message with same message Dec 18 2019

No VIN yet

LR AWD Midnight Silver Metallic, black interior 18" aero

Reactions: Clau08
I would take that "if you don't have a VIN by now, its unlikely the car would be built this year" with a grain of salt. Just the wording of that seems a bit squishy. Yeah, it may not be built yet, but there are hundreds of cars in the queue for transport based on visual reports.
I just got VIN in source today in Carlsbad, CA and I spoke to the delivery center and they said it's in pre-production and I'll have it before 12/31 so hang in there.
Anybody from the Carlsbad DC getting any texts? I ordered 11/30 and haven't heard anything.
Yes, ordered from Carlsbad 10/21 and just for VIN in source yesterday 12/17 and MVPA showed up on account page. Was told car is in pre-production and to expect delivery sometime before 31st. Still no set delivery date though.

I just got VIN in source today in Carlsbad, CA and I spoke to the delivery center and they said it's in pre-production and I'll have it before 12/31 so hang in there.

Yes, ordered from Carlsbad 10/21 and just for VIN in source yesterday 12/17 and MVPA showed up on account page. Was told car is in pre-production and to expect delivery sometime before 31st. Still no set delivery date though.

The spreadsheet confirms what you're saying. It looks like everyone in SoCal who ordered in late Oct - early Nov. are starting to get their VINS. Hopefully you'll get yours in a few days.

Same here. Ordered 11/3 LR AWD, white, custom wheels (whatever they're called), autopilot only and was assured I'd get my car before the end of the year. Got the same text message a couple of hours ago about how it'll be several days for them to contact me. I'm in OC and hope that some of those cars arriving to the area has mine in there. BTW, no VIN# and my SA is not answering my texts to him.

Update:

Email regarding unavailability date: Dec 16 2019

Dec 18: VIN on view source

Reactions: AZjohnInCA