Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sucks that we are seeing people who are NOT from California getting their cars before people who ordered months before them. The marketing logistic makes sense from Tesla's point of view, but it's unfair for those in California to not get their cars on time just because they are from California.

Agreed. Location should basically have NOTHING to do with when you get your car - at least if you are in the US. It might be okay for them to make a "batch" of cars for Europe because of differences. But it is poor business to build/ship/deliver a car to the East coast or the South that was ordered weeks or a month+ After someone closer ordered theirs. It basically should be FIFO unless there are other considerations - perhaps batching colors or certain options being on restraint.
Tesla needs to get their act together - someday there will be competition.

I will cancel my order if don't get by EOY. Also, I will cancel my Tesla Solar Subscription Order too which is in the middle of getting permit from County. Fortunately, I only lose $100 order fee for M3 and Tesla Solar lose more money than me. After the cancellations, I will not buy any Tesla products ever.

Since my order on 11/11, I have been so disappointed with Tesla's way of doing business. If Tesla has been doing their best to deliver custom M3s on time in order, I would understand them but Tesla has delivered late order first and try to sell lots of LRs in existing inventory leaving behind the same configuration custom orders. The worst thing they do is ruin my family's year end vacation 2019. I reasonably expected Tesla would let me know the EOY delivery date before 12/20. So far, Tesla is saying, "Your delivery will be given any day between 12/22 and 12/31, if you don't take it, you will lose it."

Even though Tesla has not promised anything, I don't take their way of doing business and I will do what I can do.
Agreed. I wouldn’t do any additional business with them without delivery on the first transaction. First transaction should be to earn the customer’s trust.

Reactions: jmcmill
Picked up our beautiful 2020 (according to the vin) M3LRAWDFSD yesterday at Kansas City Service Center. An employee there told me they were delivering about 20 cars/day through the end of the year. Didn’t ask if that included delivery by truck or just customer pick ups at the Service Center. My first drive was 276 miles and to top it all off my Tesla shares purchased in June have nearly doubled in price!

Carlsbad pickup as well... I ordered 11/16, still waiting, but I did receive the e-mail asking my availability, and got a text two days ago saying that I should get a text with info about my delivery time in "a few days"...

... hm....... some hope...? =T it seems they're delivering October orders and starting on early Nov orders now... although I'm not sure what's up with the 12/1 order that has a delivery date already. How is Tesla doing this?! lol.

I would cancel if I didn't get it before year end... I'm gonna pass that 1000 mile mark on my trade-in so hard if I don't get it before Dec 31... screw it.

Carlsbad pickup as well... I ordered 11/16, still waiting, but I did receive the e-mail asking my availability, and got a text two days ago saying that I should get a text with info about my delivery time in "a few days"...

... hm....... some hope...? =T it seems they're delivering October orders and starting on early Nov orders now... although I'm not sure what's up with the 12/1 order that has a delivery date already. How is Tesla doing this?! lol.

I would cancel if I didn't get it before year end... I'm gonna pass that 1000 mile mark on my trade-in so hard if I don't get it before Dec 31... screw it.

SR+ or LR AWD ?

Vin : null
Order date : Dec 1
SR+ , black on black , aero 18
Carlsbad
Got the standard text yesterday (12/18)

Starting to worry . SA keeps saying EOY

Anyone else in Carlsbad ?

San Diego order here. LR AWD, Red on Black, 19", FSD
Order date: Nov 10
I got my VIN in the source code today around 2p, and the VIN appeared in the MVPA about an hour later.
Submitted my loan paperwork through Alliant, so now waiting for a scheduled delivery date.

If I had to guess (from the small sample size of this forum), I have been watching October orders from SoCal get VINs, now early November orders are seeing it. There will always be some cars that jump ahead due to customer availability, swaps, etc. but it appears to be progressing along. It is interesting to watch the VIN assignment announcements - I think they correlate with the inventory that shows on the website. Likely because inventory on a truck delivering cars might be different than what that area had orders for. So it is an indicator of inventory movement in to the DCs.

Stuck on this since day 2 after i ordered last Oct 25, still no VIN...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.12.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.12.06 PM.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 65
Still don't have VIN.

Ordered 10/31. Was told by SA to apply for loan.

Loan expired so they pulled my credit multiple times again even though I was specific about refreshing just one.

Was promised by SA 3 times first or second week of December for delivery(sold my car because I believed him)

Asked for updates twice in a month. Ignored for 2 weeks at the end of November going into December.

Contacted my local delivery guy only to be ignored for 2 weeks via email.

SA finally responded to an email and said I'd have it next week.

I'm traveling on the 24th and can only only pick up on the 23rd or before. Call local delivery to tell them this. "Nothing we can do" "Takes 3 days from fremont to socal" <-FU

Still don't have VIN

Getting tired of being told this is just how Tesla does things.

Still don't have VIN.

Ordered 10/31. Was told by SA to apply for loan.

Loan expired so they pulled my credit multiple times again even though I was specific about refreshing just one.

Was promised by SA 3 times first or second week of December for delivery(sold my car because I believed him)

Asked for updates twice in a month. Ignored for 2 weeks at the end of November going into December.

Contacted my local delivery guy only to be ignored for 2 weeks via email.

SA finally responded to an email and said I'd have it next week.

I'm traveling on the 24th and can only only pick up on the 23rd or before. Call local delivery to tell them this. "Nothing we can do" "Takes 3 days from fremont to socal" <-FU

Still don't have VIN

Getting tired of being told this is just how Tesla does things.

Carlsbad pick up ?

Received this email from Tesla this morning. Seems like if you walk in with cash you’ll get a car immediately
————-
Explore our updated inventory — it’s your last chance to take advantage of the expiring federal tax credit.
Available for immediate delivery, browse a variety of configurations including Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, adaptive air suspension and premium interior — and order in minutes. With over-the-air software updates, every car will continue to get better over time with new features and functionality.
Trade-in your current car or search our new inventory online to find your match.
I called about that yesterday. They aren’t actually “available”. He did assign me to one of the online cars though because it already had a vin (I didn’t) so he said it would be ready before my original order.