Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Diego order here. LR AWD, Red on Black, 19", FSD
Order date: Nov 10
I got my VIN in the source code today around 2p, and the VIN appeared in the MVPA about an hour later.
Submitted my loan paperwork through Alliant, so now waiting for a scheduled delivery date.

If I had to guess (from the small sample size of this forum), I have been watching October orders from SoCal get VINs, now early November orders are seeing it. There will always be some cars that jump ahead due to customer availability, swaps, etc. but it appears to be progressing along. It is interesting to watch the VIN assignment announcements - I think they correlate with the inventory that shows on the website. Likely because inventory on a truck delivering cars might be different than what that area had orders for. So it is an indicator of inventory movement in to the DCs.

Replying to my own post with an update. Got our delivery schedule text last night at around 630p. That happened about 2 hours after the loan paperwork was processed on the credit union's side. Next available delivery date was 12/24, but I had put that I was not available on the 22nd or 23rd. Got a call this morning asking if we could pick it up tomorrow morning, but the earliest available was 1130a and I have a 3p flight for a quick 24 hour work trip. They couldnt move the delivery earlier in the day because the car is scheduled to arrive at the DC late tonight. Didn't want to risk having anything go wrong and getting stuck there and not making the flight (out of an airport almost an hour away) so I stuck with my 12/24 delivery. That was a tough decision to make. :eek:

Replying to my own post with an update. Got our delivery schedule text last night at around 630p. That happened about 2 hours after the loan paperwork was processed on the credit union's side. Next available delivery date was 12/24, but I had put that I was not available on the 22nd or 23rd. Got a call this morning asking if we could pick it up tomorrow morning, but the earliest available was 1130a and I have a 3p flight for a quick 24 hour work trip. They couldnt move the delivery earlier in the day because the car is scheduled to arrive at the DC late tonight. Didn't want to risk having anything go wrong and getting stuck there and not making the flight (out of an airport almost an hour away) so I stuck with my 12/24 delivery. That was a tough decision to make. :eek:

Congrats !! Are you picking at Carlsbad ??

We picked up our SR+ White / Black, FSD Yesterday morning at the Fremont DS we ordered on October 15th and it was a long wait with no contact by Tesla.
Late Thursday night we drove to Fremont and stayed at a Hotel right by the Tesla plant. All night truck after truck was pulling out loaded with all models. The Tesla Oompa Loompa's must be working overtime to pull this one off. The delivery process went great and we were about 2 hours early and done and out in 45min Max! The car was perfect, 80% charge with 12 miles on the odometer. They must get a lot of people stroking them so until you are signing paperwork you are just a reservation (my thoughts only from experience). Pulled into our first supper charger on the way home and Tesla employees with Santa hats (Oompa Loompa's I'm sure) are passing out waters and candy canes making sure everyone is getting a charge and on there way. We also found the same here in our town with 8 extra chargers on a flat bed truck to handle the holiday traffic. Its so strange the level of service after ordering compared to the rest of the process.Now I need to pry my wife's hands off the steering wheel so that I can drive it around.

Ordered mine on 11/23 (LR AWD, blue/black/18in/no FSD)

When I saw 3 same models with Vin on the existing inventory, I emailed my owner advisor to cancel and buy one of these directly. She explained that those are pre production models are are to be built.

Lo and behold 3 hrs later Austin from Tesla called (with his baby crying in the background) to say mine will be ready in 2 days.

Anyone waiting can try contacting their advisor...not sure if my email helped or just coincidence.

We picked up our SR+ White / Black, FSD Yesterday morning at the Fremont DS we ordered on October 15th and it was a long wait with no contact by Tesla.
Late Thursday night we drove to Fremont and stayed at a Hotel right by the Tesla plant. All night truck after truck was pulling out loaded with all models. The Tesla Oompa Loompa's must be working overtime to pull this one off. The delivery process went great and we were about 2 hours early and done and out in 45min Max! The car was perfect, 80% charge with 12 miles on the odometer. They must get a lot of people stroking them so until you are signing paperwork you are just a reservation (my thoughts only from experience). Pulled into our first supper charger on the way home and Tesla employees with Santa hats (Oompa Loompa's I'm sure) are passing out waters and candy canes making sure everyone is getting a charge and on there way. We also found the same here in our town with 8 extra chargers on a flat bed truck to handle the holiday traffic. Its so strange the level of service after ordering compared to the rest of the process.Now I need to pry my wife's hands off the steering wheel so that I can drive it around.

congrats! Really glad to hear about the good experience. Gives some much needed optimism.

Ordered mine on 11/23 (LR AWD, blue/black/18in/no FSD)

When I saw 3 same models with Vin on the existing inventory, I emailed my owner advisor to cancel and buy one of these directly. She explained that those are pre production models are are to be built.

Yea, I was a little miffed as well, I went to the showroom and said I wanted to buy one of the M3s in stock at Fremont. The sales guy cherry picked one that was destined for their location (Dublin), previous customer cancelation. So I made the purchase, and they said I'd get a VIN in about a week. I went back and checked online, all the M3s in stock have VINs already. I went back and they assured me the cars with VINs are all pre-production and that my car also had a VIN, but they can no longer retrieve it once it's been ordered... Would be nice to have it before Christmas, but seeing now how people have been waiting months, I guess I can't complain. I feel like if you wanted your car sooner, have it shipped to North Dakota (or some place far) and drive it back to California.

Reactions: aldrin71
Yea, I was a little miffed as well, I went to the showroom and said I wanted to buy one of the M3s in stock at Fremont. The sales guy cherry picked one that was destined for their location (Dublin), previous customer cancelation. So I made the purchase, and they said I'd get a VIN in about a week. I went back and checked online, all the M3s in stock have VINs already. I went back and they assured me the cars with VINs are all pre-production and that my car also had a VIN, but they can no longer retrieve it once it's been ordered... Would be nice to have it before Christmas, but seeing now how people have been waiting months, I guess I can't complain. I feel like if you wanted your car sooner, have it shipped to North Dakota (or some place far) and drive it back to California.

Similar experience here. I ordered one of the inventory cars online and saw no VIN in my account afterward. So I talked to the SA and he went in to their portal and linked my order to one of the VINs. 24 hours later it was automatically removed. I do see this in the source code though... "IsInventoryOrder":true
I talked to another SA who explained these "inventory" cars are just placeholders for anticipated spare capacity at the end of the year. They show as available in SF, Fremont, Sac, etc. because those are the locations they will be able to deliver to by EoY.
So I'm somewhat hopeful that I'll get it by EoY. On the other hand, when I log into the mobile site, it says "4-7 weeks" so who knows.

Similar experience here. I ordered one of the inventory cars online and saw no VIN in my account afterward. So I talked to the SA and he went in to their portal and linked my order to one of the VINs. 24 hours later it was automatically removed. I do see this in the source code though... "IsInventoryOrder":true
I talked to another SA who explained these "inventory" cars are just placeholders for anticipated spare capacity at the end of the year. They show as available in SF, Fremont, Sac, etc. because those are the locations they will be able to deliver to by EoY.
So I'm somewhat hopeful that I'll get it by EoY. On the other hand, when I log into the mobile site, it says "4-7 weeks" so who knows.[/QUOTE

Hi what's mobile site ? Like log in to you account on your phone ?

Hi what's mobile site ? Like log in to you account on your phone ?

Yeh on your phone.

On the desktop site, there is usually a section like this..

"Estimated Delivery: 4 - 6 weeks from order placed date
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."​

For my inventory order, this is hidden on the desktop site (it's still there in the source though). But on the mobile site it's not hidden which is maybe a bug.

So I am guessing that for these so called "inventory" orders the delivery estimate doesn't apply because they are expecting to fulfill them by EoY.

Last edited:
Model 3, Long Range Dual Motor, Black Interior, Red Color, 19" Wheels.

Reservation Date: 12/05/19
VIN Assigned on : 12/21/19
Delivery Confirmation Date: 12/21/19

Got a text @ 7:40 AM PST today (12/21) informing me that my Model 3 delivery appointment is scheduled for 12/22 @ 3:30 PM PST at the Fremont Delivery Center.

Logged into my Tesla Account and I could see a VIN Assigned and the MVPA document. I had a previously approved BOFA loan for 48mon @ 2.99 APR. I uploaded the MVPA doc to the BOFA loan page. Called BOFA to finalize the loan and they told me that it would take them 24 to 48 hours finalize it and send me the electronic version of the docs to eSign.

I did not want to miss my delivery appointment for 12/22, so I scrambled to see if TechCU would give me a loan approval and fund the loan by tomorrow. They also said it would take 24-48 hours.

I went the Tesla Dublin Center and spoke to a representative there, who advised me to signup for a loan with Tesla Lending and submit a match request for the APR offered by BOFA. I told him that i no longer see the option on my Tesla account to apply for a Tesla loan.
He asked me to call the Fremont Delivery Center if they can reenable the Tesla loan request link on my account.

I called the Fremont Delivery Center and spoke to a representative who enabled the Tesla loan application link on my account and also sent me the email where I could sent a request asking Tesla Lending to match my thirdparty loan approval rate.

I went online and signed up for a loan with Telsa Lending and sent them an email to :

[email protected]

I attached the BOFA loan approval doc and sent the following info as suggested by the Tesla rep at Fremont Center:

Tesla Reservation Number:
Name on Approval:
Financed Amount:
APR:
Monthly term :

In about 15 - 20 mins, I got a loan approval notification, immediately followed by a email from the Rate match team confirming that they are matching the BOFA offer.

Bottom line, I am all set to pick up Model 3 tomorrow. Oh, one more thing, since I had a family function to attend at 3:00 PM, I request the delivery team to move the deliver up to before noon. They obliged and gave me a 11:00 AM delivery time!

Kudos to the Tesla team for coming through inspite such tremendous pressure to deliver. I am all excited and can't wait to pickup my new car tomorrow. Good luck to all the folks waiting, hoping that you all get yours well before the end of the year.

cheers

yes - ordered with the white interior - just frustrating to have no communication from them. i am at 7 weeks wait time now :/

sigh... =T San Diego here too, white interior, I ordered 11/16 so I'm joining you in the wait. Still optimistic... my SA said it will for sure be before year end, so...

Oh congrats! It's happening! I dunno about that whole availability thing... I mean... I am technically available (aka in town) all those days, if the hours of delivery are 6am to midnight as that webpage said. but I'm working on most of the days, so... -_- I hope Xmas day will be a pickup option for me but somehow I doubt it..... .no VIN still... even though I got that text also on 12/18 about how they'll text me in the next few days about delivery sched. =T

From what I can tell white seats are the major hold up now. Looking on the tracking sheet there are only a few people in California that have received white seats recently. I'm hoping that changes soon!

rawrrrrr~~~~ white seats~~~~ ><